UPDATE: Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Sales soared for a painting depicting Obama trampling on the Constitution after a story CBS Las Vegas produced last weekend went viral.

tfm2.jpg

John McNaughton’s “The Forgotten Man” sold in one day “what we would sell in three months.” The amount of traffic the story generated even crashed his website. I hate to think of the sales I lost with the site being down, but I’m pleased that the message got out,” he told CBS Las Vegas. His webmaster needed to increase the amount of bandwidth for the site four times before it went back up Saturday night.

While sales of the painting went up, McNaughton said he got reactions from a “mixed bag of people” over the story. “People really loved the painting and some were really angry,” he told CBS Las Vegas. “Our country is really divided and emotions run high on both sides of the aisle.” Because of the delicate subject matter raised in his art, McNaughton was often accused of racism. “I think racism is a legitimate issue. But I think if you want to speak out against Obama and his policies is one thing, but being called a racist gets tiresome when it has nothing to do with the painting.”

McNaughton was hesitant to paint “The Forgotten Man” before it was released in 2010, but “pushed to do it” despite his friends’ reservations.

Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral « CBS Las Vegas

Last edited:
Well...good. This way I will know which of my friends are shallow hypocritical idiots when I see this hanging on their walls.

Sales soared for a painting depicting Obama trampling on the Constitution after a story CBS Las Vegas produced last weekend went viral.

tfm2.jpg

John McNaughton’s “The Forgotten Man” sold in one day “what we would sell in three months.” The amount of traffic the story generated even crashed his website. I hate to think of the sales I lost with the site being down, but I’m pleased that the message got out,” he told CBS Las Vegas. His webmaster needed to increase the amount of bandwidth for the site four times before it went back up Saturday night.

While sales of the painting went up, McNaughton said he got reactions from a “mixed bag of people” over the story. “People really loved the painting and some were really angry,” he told CBS Las Vegas. “Our country is really divided and emotions run high on both sides of the aisle.” Because of the delicate subject matter raised in his art, McNaughton was often accused of racism. “I think racism is a legitimate issue. But I think if you want to speak out against Obama and his policies is one thing, but being called a racist gets tiresome when it has nothing to do with the painting.”

McNaughton was hesitant to paint “The Forgotten Man” before it was released in 2010, but “pushed to do it” despite his friends’ reservations.

Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral « CBS Las Vegas

Ron Paul should be in the picture kicking Obama in the ass

tfm2.jpg

Ron Paul should be in the picture kicking Obama in the ass

Right On! I love it. :lol:

Well...good. This way I will know which of my friends are shallow hypocritical idiots when I see this hanging on their walls.

You forgot 'Racist.'

Make a lot of strawmen, do you?

That guy in the picture who was President before Obama? Well, he had to be shoved off the Constitution so Obama could step on it.

Can you post a link to the artist's picture of that guy standing on the Constitution, please?

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwog6E08CFU]Obama and the National Anthem - YouTube[/ame]

Videoproof that Obama is a total fucking scumbag

tfm2.jpg

Good one...I posted this in another thread...DaGoose got all bent about it...along with this one...(close up)

McNaughton-TFM-Zoom-620x440.jpg

try this one by the same Artist?

McNaughton-Wake-Up-America.jpg

More on this HERE

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KGlBHyVeYU]The Forgotten Man - Jon McNaughton - YouTube[/ame]

Obama and the National Anthem - YouTube

Indeed. Would any of the other vets here like to have the scrawny, undignified, disrespectful CinC in our charge for just one day, so that we could teach him how to properly stand at attention and salute the colors? Come to think of it, that ought to be a requirement for any non-veteran assuming the office-one day's training in military courtesy and bearing; seems little enough to ask of one who is going to be Commander-in-Chief of America's Armed Forces.

Obama and the National Anthem - YouTube

Indeed. Would any of the other vets here like to have the scrawny, undignified, disrespectful CinC in our charge for just one day, so that we could teach him how to properly stand at attention and salute the colors? Come to think of it, that ought to be a requirement for any non-veteran assuming the office-one day's training in military courtesy and bearing; seems little enough to ask of one who is going to be Commander-in-Chief of America's Armed Forces.
The O doesn't care about any of it. He has his perks at our expense.

That's a lot to pay for print that will be dated, valueless and irrelevant. Real art can hang on a wall your entire lifetime, this political cartoon will be stuck in the attic almost before the ink is dry.

Forum List

Back