UPDATE on Mookaki, Miller and the Alaska Senate elelction

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
I lift this post (pretty much verbatim) from the other thread which seeks to congratulate Sen. Murkoki for her claimed "win" in the alaska Senate race:

A REAL Game Changer perhaps?

:eusa_whistle:

JUNEAU, Alaska -- An Alaska federal judge ruled Friday that Republican Senate candidate Joe Miller's challenge to the counting of write-in ballots raises "serious" legal issues but is a matter for a state, not federal, court to decide.

Yet in deferring to an Alaska state court for a final decision, U.S. District Judge Ralph Beistline said he would grant a temporary injunction to halt official certification of the Nov. 2 election -- an action Miller is seeking -- so long as Miller takes his case to the state court by Monday. Miller told The Associated Press late Friday that he intended to do so.

Beistline's unusual action was intended to "ensure that these serious state law issues are resolved prior to certification of the election," the ruling said.

Miller sued in federal court in a bid to stop the state from using discretion in determining voter intent on write-in ballots cast for his election rival, Sen. Lisa Murkowski, who declared victory in the race Wednesday. She mounted the write-in campaign after losing to Miller in the GOP primary.

State law calls for write-in ballots to have the oval filled in and the candidate's last name or name as it appears on their declaration of candidacy written.

But the state pointed to case law in counting Murkowski ballots that contain misspellings or were phonetic to her name. Lt. Gov. Craig Campbell, who oversees elections, has defended the practice, saying the state doesn't want to disenfranchise any voters.

Miller wants the law adhered to strictly, and asked Beistline to keep the state from certifying the election results based on a count of ballots that aren't in line with it. The target date for certifying the race is Nov. 29. A recount can then be requested by Dec. 4.

Beistline said a state court is in "the best position, at least initially, to apply Alaska law and to determine who won this election."

-- Federal Judge Halts Certification of Alaska Senate Election as Miller Eyes Lawsuit - FoxNews.com

Worth keeping an eye on?

Last edited:
Right wing extremists always have temper tantrums when they lose. Remember the loser's hissy fit when Franken won? Same old crybaby games.

Right wing extremists always have temper tantrums when they lose. Remember the loser's hissy fit when Franken won? Same old crybaby games.

You, of course, have it bass-ackwards.

Libs like Franken could not accept electoral defeat, so, all too frequently they cook the books and steal elections. ["Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead! It's election day!"] Challenging that behavior is perfectly reasonable, however it gets resolved.

Libbie bitches don't seem to bitch so much when a Lesa Morkaki loses a primary and then refuses to go quietly into that good night. But when a Republican or any conservative chooses to fight the results of an Election that appear to not have followed the actual rules, then it's time for the hypocritical lib bitches to lie and cry "crybabies!"

Did you bitch so much, bitch, when your goofy lib pal, algore, sued over the 2000 Presidential Election outcome?

It seems to me a voter who has followed (at the very least) local politics is so impressed by a long term politician or other candidate that they should know enough to be able to spell their name. How long has the Murkowski name been prominent in Alaskan politics?

It seems to me a voter who has followed (at the very least) local politics is so impressed by a long term politician or other candidate that they should know enough to be able to spell their name. How long has the Murkowski name been prominent in Alaskan politics?

It's worse than that.

The voters received AT THE TIME THEY VOTED a list of the names of all write-in candidates, so if they had a problem remembering how to spell "Murkowski" all on their own, they could have simply used the official crib sheet.

And STILL some of them voted for folks with names like "Lesa Murkoki."

Guys like Queen like to ask the irrelevant question, "Well, didn't the person who voted for Lesa Murkoki INTEND to vote for Senator Murkowski?" And the answer is, "maybe." But that's not the real question.

The REAL question is "DID they vote for Lisa Murkowski?" And the answer is "no." Not according to the ELECTION LAW -- as written -- in the State of Alaska.

But asking the correct question infuriates libs like Queen. And the fact that Miller is relying on the actual LAW pisses such libs off to no end.

Too bad.

Rules is Rules and Pigs is Pigs.

THey are there for a reason, but rationality is more important.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYXlF3sa9xs"]pigs is pigs[/ame]

[Tea Party candidate] Miller sued in federal court in a bid to stop the state from using discretion in determining voter intent on write-in ballots cast for his election rival, Sen. Lisa Murkowski...

:lol:

You, of course, have it bass-ackwards.

Libs like Franken could not accept electoral defeat, so, all too frequently they cook the books and steal elections. ["Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead! It's election day!"] Challenging that behavior is perfectly reasonable, however it gets resolved.

Libbie bitches don't seem to bitch so much when a Lesa Morkaki loses a primary and then refuses to go quietly into that good night. But when a Republican or any conservative chooses to fight the results of an Election that appear to not have followed the actual rules, then it's time for the hypocritical lib bitches to lie and cry "crybabies!"

Did you bitch so much, bitch, when your goofy lib pal, algore, sued over the 2000 Presidential Election outcome?
Two peas in a pod, Gore/Bush Murkowski/Miller, in both were cases existing election law was overridden by judges; changed after the fact.

Last edited:
[Tea Party candidate] Miller sued in federal court in a bid to stop the state from using discretion in determining voter intent on write-in ballots cast for his election rival, Sen. Lisa Murkowski...

:lol:

Asswipe how many times did Franken sue until he got the numbers he wanted?

Remind me, was Franken's 2008 campaign based on the principle of keeping the feds out of state business?

He will tie it up in the courts as long as he can

Screw Alaska if they don't have a Senator

Asswipe how many times did Franken sue until he got the numbers he wanted?

Remind me, was Franken's 2008 campaign based on the principle of keeping the feds out of state business?

You're the one that is laughing about this. So I ask how many times did frankin sue for a recount until he got the numbers he was looking for. My question as nothing to do with the federal government, it just dealing with how many times frankin sued.

Was that what you said when this happen with Minn.?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

How long did the A-hole Republicans tie that one up?

Till the 4th of July? You think Miller can beat that one?

The asswhole republican? How about the asswhole democrat? When after the vote is over and ballots still keep coming in real strange but of course you would not agree with that fact. Anyway I have come to the conclusion that if denmocrats are for Murkowski which is a republican there is something majorly wrong with her and should not be trusted. Thanks for the heads up.

actually he didn't win, it's too late to fix it. are the merkowskis like the cartwrights? i heard someone say :their own personal kingdom"

You're the one that is laughing about this. So I ask how many times did frankin sue for a recount until he got the numbers he was looking for. My question as nothing to do with the federal government, it just dealing with how many times frankin sued.

Then, unsurprisingly, you're missing what's amusing about this situation.

Then, unsurprisingly, you're missing what's amusing about this situation.

I'm not a mind reader, so what do you find so amusing about this?

The asswhole republican? How about the asswhole democrat? When after the vote is over and ballots still keep coming in real strange but of course you would not agree with that fact. Anyway I have come to the conclusion that if denmocrats are for Murkowski which is a republican there is something majorly wrong with her and should not be trusted. Thanks for the heads up.

If Miller ties up the recount till July, who wins?

The Dems or the Republicans?

Dems like having a nutjob like Miller to ridicule

If Miller ties up the recount till July, who wins?

The Dems or the Republicans?

Dems like having a nutjob like Miller to ridicule

Oe more time if a democrats gives support to Murkowski which is a republican there is something majorly wrong with her and should not be trusted. Could it be that there is some big vote coming up that it's known that she will vote liberal? Is that why you are in a rush?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back