Update: Liberal talk Radio

You obviously never heard Rushes own interviews. He has claimed numerous times and even on his tv show that while he IS conservative, 90% of what he says is to wind people up for entertainment purposes. He says he has fun doing it. He says he wouldn't trade it for the world.

Al Franken is looking for a soap box because he is a solid activist with his views.

That is a heck of a difference.

My appearance of being "cool" is really irrelevant, and if I cared how "cool" people thought I was, I wouldn't have any integrity, would I?

Originally posted by NewGuy
You obviously never heard Rushes own interviews. He has claimed numerous times and even on his tv show that while he IS conservative, 90% of what he says is to wind people up for entertainment purposes. He says he has fun doing it. He says he wouldn't trade it for the world.

Al Franken is looking for a soap box because he is a solid activist with his views.

That is a heck of a difference.

My appearance of being "cool" is really irrelevant, and if I cared how "cool" people thought I was, I wouldn't have any integrity, would I?

Oh that's just the legal disclaimer, newguy. I believe he believes the vast majority of what he says.

And we all want to be cool, especially the newguy.

There's talk on the street; it sounds so familiar
Great expectations, everybody's watching you
People you meet, they all seem to know you
Even your old friends treat you like you're something new

Johnny come lately, the new kid in town
Everybody loves you, so don't let them down

You look in her eyes; the music begins to play
Hopeless romantics, here we go again
But after awhile, you're lookin' the other way
It's those restless hearts that never mend

Johnny come lately, the new kid in town
Will she still love you when you're not around?
There's so many things you should have told her,
but night after night you're willing to hold her,
Just hold her, tears on your shoulder

There's talk on the street, it's there to
Remind you, that it doesn't really matter
which side you're on.
You're walking away and they're talking behind you
They will never forget you 'til somebody new comes along
Where you been lately? There's a new kid in town
Everybody loves him, don't they?
Now he's holding her, and you're still around
Oh, my, my
There's a new kid in town
Ooh, hoo
Everybody's talking 'bout the new kid in town
Ooh, hoo
Everybody's walking' like the new kid in town
I don't want to hear it
I don't want to hear it

Well, just because you have an overwhelming desire to try to ruffle my feathers, I wont even reply to the comment but to saythat I DO have my own paid for avenues through which to speak and I certainly don't need to do it here. I found this board because the concept of free speech appealed to me. I can just as easily pack the bags and show up at my own audience, thank you. How about you?

Well, just because you have an overwhelming desire to try to ruffle my feathers, I wont even reply to the comment but to saythat I DO have my own paid for avenues through which to speak and I certainly don't need to do it here. I found this board because the concept of free speech appealed to me. I can just as easily pack the bags and show up at my own audience, thank you. How about you?

Damn, stay cool, bro. It's all good. It's just a song, you're the newguy, it's a joke, Potsy.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Damn, stay cool, bro. It's all good. It's just a song, you're the newguy, it's a joke, Potsy.

Sorry!

I just woke up and the noggin wasn't fully working yet. It took until the shower water hit me a minute ago to figure out what happened.

(Rush ruffling feathers, the attempt (humorously) to ruffle mine....)
Duh.

My apologies for being a stiff.
:)

:cof:

:beer:

Sorry!

I just woke up and the noggin wasn't fully working yet. It took until the shower water hit me a minute ago to figure out what happened.

(Rush ruffling feathers, the attempt (humorously) to ruffle mine....)
Duh.

My apologies for being a stiff.
:)

:cof:

:beer:

No worries! I think your spot on with most of what you say. I'm a big fan. Thanks for joining the fight for the minds of America.

Hey newguy, what's the general nature of the other "paid for avenues through which [you] speak"? I don't want you to blow your cover but, who are you newguy?

Al Franken = :gives: :nine: :moon4: :moon4: :finger3:

with all do respect !! hehehe

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Hey newguy, what's the general nature of the other "paid for avenues through which [you] speak"? I don't want you to blow your cover but, who are you newguy?

Dude.....clean out your private messages!

:p:

Dude.....clean out your private messages!

:p:

Well, one nice difference about Air America is that it's TALK radio, as opposed to the other SCREAM radio you hear. The hosts actually talk and engage in discussion with their callers/interviewees. This is a refreshing change to that opposition style of radio, which is yelling, constantly interrupting, and host bullying (i.e. caller gets 30 seconds at most to make a point, host hangs up and attempts to talk it down for 5 minutes and disallows any rebuttal).

Since there is so much extreme right wing radio, it's nice to create some counterbalance with a more to the left wing radio. Hopefully it'll last so that people can hear both sides to political issues.

Originally posted by LoneVoice
Well, one nice difference about Air America is that it's TALK radio, as opposed to the other SCREAM radio you hear. The hosts actually talk and engage in discussion with their callers/interviewees. This is a refreshing change to that opposition style of radio, which is yelling, constantly interrupting, and host bullying (i.e. caller gets 30 seconds at most to make a point, host hangs up and attempts to talk it down for 5 minutes and disallows any rebuttal).

Since there is so much extreme right wing radio, it's nice to create some counterbalance with a more to the left wing radio. Hopefully it'll last so that people can hear both sides to political issues.

Personally, I have never heard anything logical from a left wing media voice that gives ANY opposite view.

They would rather get in a huff, change topics, attack the person individually, and then claim they were being wronged.

If you want examples, there are also plenty of those on the board, here.

Ava-

You are so disgustingly hateful. The fact that you want to place a bet on how long Frankenstein will last before he fails just PROVES that you are part of the vast right wing conspiracy and a vicious henchman for the Republican attack machine. How far are you going to GO? For the love of Joss! I bet next you'll start using liberals' own words & voting records to attack them, huh?

(places a five on the table)

I give it 3 & a half months before he "loses his voice" and must retire.;)

I heard poor Al's little intro from "30 feet below Dick Cheney's undisclosed bunker"....or whatever. I almost felt sorry for him. Seriously, I am not talking as a Republican now, just someone who knows when something is or is not funny or witty.

He will fail!
Why?

Because humor & wit are antithetical to being a liberal. Liberals are consumed with bitterness, defensiveness, and hatred. Plus, since they don't have the truth or facts on their side, they end up coming off as lying promoters of the rage of the rabble.

I know they love to paint us as monolithic, but I disagree. I, myself, am quite diverse. I don't care much for Hannity and hate that nasty lil' bastard Savage, but I LOVE Rush, Laura Ingraham, AND NPR. Quite to the contrary, LIBERALS are the knee-jerk, reactionary, lockstep lackeys of the left. If you take away their ability to call Bush names & bitch about how they are, in fact, patriotic-- even though they hate America-- they are left with nothing more than bumper music.

Dear Al,

Look on the bright side.....Your last name could be Gore?

"about how they are, in fact, patriotic--even though they hate America"

Couldn't have made the implication any better. They actually think thay Monday morning quarterbacking every single decision an administration makes, well all except the Bubba administration, makes them true Americans and patriots. What a load of crap! Some decisions, ok, all decisions, you are as damaging as Al Qaeda itself.

Didn't Mario Cuomo have his own show and it failed miserably?

just because your idea and my idea of america is completely divergent from each other at times in no way means that I hate america any more than you do.

Bullshit like that being flung about towards the liberal side of things is BOUND to bring about the personal attacks that you talk of so if you can't stand the heat, get the fuck out of the kitchen I say.

:flameth:

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
just because your idea and my idea of america is completely divergent from each other at times in no way means that I hate america any more than you do.

Bullshit like that being flung about towards the liberal side of things is BOUND to bring about the personal attacks that you talk of so if you can't stand the heat, get the fuck out of the kitchen I say.

:flameth:

Truth hurts, lets go!

They would rather get in a huff, change topics, attack the person individually, and then claim they were being wronged.

Yeah, that sounds exactly like the far right wing...

Originally posted by OCA
Truth hurts, lets go!

how can that bullshit truth hurt? maybe you need a redefinition of truth? The only truth I see is that neither political side can do anything but talk out the side of their mouth.

lets go? where are we going? or do you want to throw down?

Personally, I have never heard anything logical from a left wing media voice that gives ANY opposite view.

sounds like the white house currently.

Forum List

Back