UPDATE: Henrietta Hughes says she's not milking the system

I wonder if I ask obama for the wheelchair ramp for the house, and a transport platform on my truck, will he give it to me on the same day? or there after sometime? Should I start my own webpage for donations first?

you could never get close enough to the messiah to ask for anything, you milady are a giver, not a taker. God bless you.

I thought Pelosi said 500 million jobs were lost every month? :eusa_whistle:

Nobody denies the effects of the recession. However, you don't pass a nearly $1 trillion pork package to make things better. That's like having a hole in your boat so you make a bigger hole to let the water out. You can't spend yourself out of a recession.

I have news for you. It is going to get worse.

One trillion is probably not enough.

I think it is going to get very ugly.

Yes, it is going to get worse. But that's because the government is not allowing the market to correct itself, and is only making the situation worse with the bailouts and this new spending package.

The market is what got us into this mess.

Yes, it is going to get worse. But that's because the government is not allowing the market to correct itself, and is only making the situation worse with the bailouts and this new spending package.

wrong again, MORON
it was government interference in the markets that caused it

Of course she doesn't believe she's milking the system. She believes she's entitled to it. More and more people are joining the entitlement generation. We are soon getting to the point where the number of people stealing from the public treasury outweigh the contributors. After that, it's bye bye America.

I'm not sure if it's bye bye America, but I can tell you the one's contributing will refuse to continue.

How is she milking the system? A private citizen gave her a charitable, non-government home to live in...isn't this what you pretend to want? Private charity? Well, you've exposed yourselves for the chimps you are.

Come on Ravi, get real. We don't have a problem helping those who are in need. It just gives us a bad feeling when it looks as if someone is taking advantage. It takes away from those who are truly in need.

How is that possible? We haven't let the market run it's course since 1913.

She is now the poster child of why blacks voted for Obama. You see now all the other blacks will say, see he cares for us Black folk and now their hope is they will get a house too.

Fuck you! More white people voted for him than blacks, asshole!

500,000 Americans a month are losing their jobs.

There is nothing staged about what is happening in America.

Nobody denies the effects of the recession. However, you don't pass a nearly $1 trillion pork package to make things better. That's like having a hole in your boat so you make a bigger hole to let the water out. You can't spend yourself out of a recession.

Awesome troll post! One trillion is government pork spending is not enough. Hilarious! :lol:

500,000 Americans a month are losing their jobs.

There is nothing staged about what is happening in America.

And what are you supposed to do to get out of a recession? Nothing? That worked well for Hoover and Carter, didn't it?

Out of the $789 billion, 40% of that is tax cuts. That's not spending. That's just reduced income to the government from the middle class.

Then you have billions in infrastructure spending, which creates more jobs. They may be temporary jobs, but give them jobs now while the economy is recovering and by the time the project has finished they'll have something on their resume that they can take to a hiring economy.

Then you have tuition help with increased funding towards a pell grant. Believe me when I tell you this will help many college students while tuition is rising.

We need more funding to the arts - so people with an education and who are cultured can find jobs too. Endowments are at record lows for many museums and university museums. They're already laying off people... hopefully this can stop it.

Now, the alternative is just to stay here, do nothing and let the economy collapse. I think you're a fan of metaphors and all, so let me give you another one:

The house is on fire. Do you stand there and do nothing or do you call the fire department and actually put the damned fire out?

Awesome troll post! One trillion is government pork spending is not enough. Hilarious! :lol:

Actually, most economists will agree. It's not. Now we need to rescue more big banks, help home owners who are more than 60-90 days late on their mortgage and are being threatened with foreclosure and probably send more rebate checks in the mail for consumers to spend. Again, a dying patient... do you shock the patient back to life or do you just let them flat line and let them go back to life on their own?

Of course she doesn't believe she's milking the system. She believes she's entitled to it. More and more people are joining the entitlement generation. We are soon getting to the point where the number of people stealing from the public treasury outweigh the contributors. After that, it's bye bye America.

Bingo

They and most of the other Obamabots and far-lefties truly believe this...

They actually need some face time with face lady reality brick...

She is now the poster child of why blacks voted for Obama. You see now all the other blacks will say, see he cares for us Black folk and now their hope is they will get a house too.

there are also many blacks who feel that this idiot just set them back 10 paces....

Actually, most economists will agree. It's not. Now we need to rescue more big banks, help home owners who are more than 60-90 days late on their mortgage and are being threatened with foreclosure and probably send more rebate checks in the mail for consumers to spend. Again, a dying patient... do you shock the patient back to life or do you just let them flat line and let them go back to life on their own?

Well in regards to the mortages I wonder just how many have defaulted on purpose because they know they will get a hand out ... AGAIN! Flatline ... human life and the economy just not apples to apples, but lets take the auto industry for example. they needed money to save themselves, but now it wasnt enough and they want more! When does it stop? They are basically using the bad situation to their advantage. I for one didn't want to and do not want to bail them out.
Give a voucher much like the one for digital tv to be used for one purpose purchasing a car. You will get the governments money (yours) and spend it at the auto dealer who in turn will sell a car. Makes more sense than giving them billions to do what they want in hopes it will work and if not .... back at the table begging again.

SOUTHWEST FLORIDA - A woman making national headlines after a tearful moment with President Obama has a new home.

Thursday morning, Chene Thompson handed Henrietta Hughes the keys to her home in Hendry County. Thompson is the wife of State Representative Nick Thompson (R-District 73). Hughes and her son will live at the home rent free.

At President Obama's town hall meeting in Fort Myers on Tuesday, Henrietta Hughes stood up and told the President she has been homeless since 2003 and can't find a job.

UPDATE: Henrietta Hughes says she's not milking the system | WINK News - Southwest Florida | Local & Florida

Only homeless for 5 fucking years ... greedy bitch. I suffered for 7, where's my free house. What about those I knew in the system that were stuck there for 10 or 15 years? What about their free houses ... even though most of those were junkies or didn't want a house (odd in my opinion). Still ...

Just more money wasted as a publicity stunt to gain popularity ... nothing more. I told you before he got elected ... he isn't a right pick. I would have voted for Hillary, or even McCain (if not for the nutjob running mate).

Why do you lie?

35% of the package are tax cuts.

Forum List

Back