Update; alabama immigration law

Too bad. If they have an issue with following laws that's their problem.

I don't even believe illegal children should be permitted access to public schools, they should pay for a private school or stay in their home country.

I have no problem whatsoever with legal immigration. I think it's great to have such a variety in our culture. But illegals? I have no pity for them in the least. They need to go home where they belong and refrain from sucking off the teats of the US taxpayers.

I agree with you 100%, however alot of Hispanics tend to look at the illegals the same way a Free Black looked at Runaway slaves a few hundred years ago. Alot of them have a parent or grand parent who was illegal so they feel sympathy for them.

The two to not compare, not even close and I'd love to go up against someone who claims otherwise.

I'm just going by what I have seen, my girlfriend is Mexican/Bolivian and feels alot of sympathy for illegals, this is something we disagree strongly on.

High Gravity, yes legal ones are pissed also...you know why? Because of the rampant racism that happens amongst officials in Alabama against Hispanics in general. I know this first hand...lived for quite a bit just 30 miles from the Alabama state line on the Georgia side. You look brown, even if you speak English, they think you are illegal.

the law will never stand the test it is a violation of federal supremacy laws, plyler v doe and quite a few other things. They just wanted to bilk tax payers out of their hard earned money in the name of politics now they are going to fight the feds in court and lose.

for the person who said before the 30 million..the number is not 30 million but whatever, even if it were...the people who did it before there were illegal immigrants were called SLAVES.

I agree with you 100%, however alot of Hispanics tend to look at the illegals the same way a Free Black looked at Runaway slaves a few hundred years ago. Alot of them have a parent or grand parent who was illegal so they feel sympathy for them.

The two to not compare, not even close and I'd love to go up against someone who claims otherwise.

I'm just going by what I have seen, my girlfriend is Mexican/Bolivian and feels alot of sympathy for illegals, this is something we disagree strongly on.

I work with a guy who got amnesty in the 80's. He HATES illegals. To hear him talk to them you would not believe your ears. You would swear he is a skin head.

They shouldn't have a problem with the laws if they are here legally.

The legal ones are pissed also.
Because they are racists.

Who? the Federal Immigration and Nationality Act that give state and local officials the authority to enforce immigration laws?
All court rulings by federal judges against state immigration laws have been temporary.

State and Local Authority to Enforce Immigration Law:
A Unified Approach for Stopping Terrorists
By Kris W. Kobach.
June2004

The Ninth and Tenth Circuits have expressed this understanding in the immigration context specifically. In Gonzales v. City of Peoria, the Ninth Circuit opined in an immigration case that the "general rule is that local police are not precluded from enforcing federal statutes," 722 F.2d 468, 474 (9th Cir. 1983). The Tenth Circuit has reviewed this question on several occasions, concluding squarely that a "state trooper has general investigatory authority to inquire into possible immigration violations," United States v. Salinas-Calderon, 728 F.2d 1298, 1301 n.3 (10th Cir. 1984). As the Tenth Circuit has described it, there is a "preexisting general authority of state or local police officers to investigate and make arrests for violations of federal law, including immigration laws," United States v. Vasquez-Alvarez, 176 F.3d 1294, 1295 (10th Cir. 1999). And again in 2001, the Tenth Circuit reiterated that "state and local police officers [have] implicit authority within their respective jurisdictions ‘to investigate and make arrests for violations of federal law, including immigration laws.’" United States v. Santana-Garcia, 264 F.3d 1188, 1194 (citing United States v. Vasquez-Alvarez, 176 F.3d 1294, 1295). None of these Tenth Circuit holdings drew any distinction between criminal violations of the INA and civil provisions that render an alien deportable. Rather, the inherent arrest authority extends generally to both categories of federal immigration law violations.
See;
State and Local Authority to Enforce Immigration Law: A Unified Approach for Stopping Terrorists | Center for Immigration Studies

Last edited:

I work with a guy who got amnesty in the 80's. He HATES illegals. To hear him talk to them you would not believe your ears. You would swear he is a skin head.

He was once illegal himself. Idiot.:eusa_liar::cuckoo:
He got here the same way illegal aliens get here today.:lol:
The ONLY reason Obama got the Hispanic votes were because of his promise of Amnesty. There is no legal aliens who do not have a friend or relative that is illegal or same back home trying to get here.

Last edited:
they are temporary because they are always temporary till there is a decision...but the courts in previous cases like in Pennsylvania decided against the local communities as well...only federal laws can deal with immigration issues not state laws. State laws are not supreme over federal laws.

High Gravity, yes legal ones are pissed also...you know why? Because of the rampant racism that happens amongst officials in Alabama against Hispanics in general. I know this first hand...lived for quite a bit just 30 miles from the Alabama state line on the Georgia side. You look brown, even if you speak English, they think you are illegal.

the law will never stand the test it is a violation of federal supremacy laws, plyler v doe and quite a few other things. They just wanted to bilk tax payers out of their hard earned money in the name of politics now they are going to fight the feds in court and lose.

You are spot on, for most people here in Alabama as soon as they see a Hispanic they assume he or she is an illegal Mexican. My girlfriend gets asked all the time what she is going to do when the bill passes, even though she is born and raised in California and speaks perfect English. We went to a Chinese buffet the other day and the waitress started speaking in Spanish to her right away.:doubt:

Yeah there are Hispanics like that.

Lil O Lady, local police can enforce FEDERAL statutes..not make their own. They can with the PERMISSION of federal authorities enforce those laws...federal immigration authorities for example are the only ones that can deport or authorize deportation....a state trooper cannot simply drive someone across the border.

Forum List

Back