Up From The Projects

There's nothing funny about black people who have the courage to step out of the safety zone of being a "cookie cutter" black person...because it is their fellow blacks who will attack and resent them more than anyone else, and that can't be easy to deal with on top of all the other obstacles they overcome.

Define "Cookie cutter black person".

Your narrow defined view of how black people should think and behave...it's really quite revealing how you feel about any of them who step out of line. You don't allow for individuality, but have an expectation of group think. Maybe it's a left over mentality of there is power in numbers, and that is something that black people needed at one time to survive. Step into the 21 century and embrace the fact that you can stray from the herd without being picked off and eaten.

What is my view? You have no clue. I have no respect for blacks who make a living preaching about what's wrong with blacks, to white people. Bill Cosby goes to the NAACP convention and says his piece. Cosby financed the black nationalist movement during the 60's, he earned his criticism.

Define "Cookie cutter black person".

Your narrow defined view of how black people should think and behave...it's really quite revealing how you feel about any of them who step out of line. You don't allow for individuality, but have an expectation of group think. Maybe it's a left over mentality of there is power in numbers, and that is something that black people needed at one time to survive. Step into the 21 century and embrace the fact that you can stray from the herd without being picked off and eaten.

What is my view? You have no clue. I have no respect for blacks who make a living preaching about what's wrong with blacks, to white people. Bill Cosby goes to the NAACP convention and says his piece. Cosby financed the black nationalist movement during the 60's, he earned his criticism.

Bullshit. You've made it crystal fucking clear that you have no respect or tolerance for any black person who holds conservative views. Of course you also claim to not give a shit what other people think about you, yet feel perfectly justified sitting in judgment of others. You wear your hypocrisy on your sleeve.

Yep. My 48 years of being black in America and the 20 years I spent in the military living all over America in the black community. Now you find where Thomas, Williams or Sowell has more than 4% support within the black community.

So they are worthless without the support of the black community?? That says far more about the black community than it does them.

No they are worthless for being flunkies. What they preach isn't why the black community dismisses them. It's who they preach it to.

:mad:

I've long admired Walter E Williams. In the below video he makes some excellent points.
Two points really stand out to me.

Political power does not equal economicl power.

Discrimination as it relates to freedom of association is not a bad thing.

I think he does an excellent job of explaining both of the above points

The video is almost 30 minutes long, but well worth the time to watch.

Walter Williams: Up From the Projects - YouTube

Born in 1936....Philadelphia projects later torn apart by crime and violence...family spent time on welfare...broke out of projects nearly 30 years ago as did most of his friends?

Williams' story sounds incomplete and colored by creative license.

moved into projects at 10 years old. grew up elsewhere. where? says he broke out of ghetto? projects was considered ghetto back then? I think not. broke out or moved on?

how long on welfare? what year did he move? he earns a PHD in the late 1960s? so his story does not resemble the story of people who grew up in the ghetto or the projects during the crime and violence he says came later.

the man's story as told by Alan and other con-nitwits, is a fairy tale

from wikipedia: "Following high school he came out to stay with his father in California,"

Last edited:
Yep. My 48 years of being black in America and the 20 years I spent in the military living all over America in the black community. Now you find where Thomas, Williams or Sowell has more than 4% support within the black community.

So they are worthless without the support of the black community?? That says far more about the black community than it does them.

No they are worthless for being flunkies. What they preach isn't why the black community dismisses them. It's who they preach it to.

Again, you demonstrate that they are subject to your approval...I don't have to agree with what people say or their audience, but I can admire people for being their own boss. A characteristic you claim to possess, but have no respect for others who exhibit such a demeanor. Are you embarrassed by "one of your own" speaking their mind, because you fear that it is a reflection on you?? That speaks to your inability to truly not give a shit what opinion other people hold of you and/or the black community. You should be applauding the fact that they live in a time and place in which they are fee to express themselves as they choose. What a shame that you want them to stay in some sort of psychological bondage to their own race for fear of being rebuked and denied as an accepted member of that community. True racists rejoice in such attitudes.

Bullshit. You've made it crystal fucking clear that you have no respect or tolerance for any black person who holds conservative views. Of course you also claim to not give a shit what other people think about you, yet feel perfectly justified sitting in judgment of others. You wear your hypocrisy on your sleeve.

Search the name "Tim Scott" and my posts and you will find that you don't know what you are talking about. I don't respect buck dancing coons who preach to whites about what blacks should do. I am perfectly justified to sit in judgement of others, just as they can sit in judgement of me. Me not giving a shit about their judgement doesn't mean they aren't free to judge.

:cuckoo:

The story of the rise of Walter Williams, presented by Williams in the video, and regurgitated by con-nitwits as proof of conservative principles helping the poor in the ghetto, is a fraud.

end of story

Walter E. Williams is a fraud.

how appropriate: Mallard Fillmore loves Williams

Last edited:

Search the name "Tim Scott" and my posts and you will find that you don't know what you are talking about. I don't respect buck dancing coons who preach to whites about what blacks should do. I am perfectly justified to sit in judgement of others, just as they can sit in judgement of me. Me not giving a shit about their judgement doesn't mean they aren't free to judge.

You clearly have control issues...you've been a bitter man, and most likely will continue to be a bitter man, but thankfully you won't influence strong and independent people to retreat to the corner and keep their mouths shut.

Again, you demonstrate that they are subject to your approval...I don't have to agree with what people say or their audience, but I can admire people for being their own boss. A characteristic you claim to possess, but have no respect for others who exhibit such a demeanor. Are you embarrassed by "one of your own" speaking their mind, because you fear that it is a reflection on you?? That speaks to your inability to truly not give a shit what opinion other people hold of you and/or the black community. You should be applauding the fact that they live in a time and place in which they are fee to express themselves as they choose. What a shame that you want them to stay in some sort of psychological bondage to their own race for fear of being rebuked and denied as an accepted member of that community. True racists rejoice in such attitudes.

I have no respect for blacks who make a living selling out the black community, a la gansta rappers, basketball wives, real housewives and thomas, sowell, williams.

P.S. I am a racist and have stated it many times.

You clearly have control issues...you've been a bitter man, and most likely will continue to be a bitter man, but thankfully you won't influence strong and independent people to retreat to the corner and keep their mouths shut.

Search the name "Tim Scott" and my posts and you will find that you don't know what you are talking about.

I have no respect for blacks who make a living selling out the black community, a la gansta rappers, basketball wives, real housewives and thomas, sowell, williams.

How are they selling out the black community?? I think you miss the bigger picture and don't even look for any of the positives in people putting themselves out there, and how that exposure opens up communication that has done plenty to help bring down walls between people.

How are they selling out the black community?? I think you miss the bigger picture and don't even look for any of the positives in people putting themselves out there, and how that exposure opens up communication that has done plenty to help bring down walls between people.

I think you aren't black and have no clue about the black community.

"No clue" would just be you exaggerating for a purpose...I don't need to be any color to make informed observations. Anyway, this was obviously your attempt to end the discussion...so be it.

"No clue" would just be you exaggerating for a purpose...I don't need to be any color to make informed observations. Anyway, this was obviously your attempt to end the discussion...so be it.

Your observations are irrelevant, unless you are black you have no clue about what I'm talking.

Your observations are irrelevant, unless you are black you have no clue about what I'm talking.

They're irrelevant to you...but I don't express myself with you in mind as any sort of consideration.

I've long admired Walter E Williams. In the below video he makes some excellent points.

Born in 1936....Philadelphia projects later torn apart by crime and violence...family spent time on welfare...broke out of projects nearly 30 years ago as did most of his friends?

moved into projects at 10 years old. grew up elsewhere. where? says he broke out of ghetto? projects was considered ghetto back then? I think not. broke out or moved on?

how long on welfare? what year did he move? he earns a PHD in the late 1960s? so his story does not resemble the story of people who grew up in the ghetto or the projects during the crime and violence he says came later.

from wikipedia: "Following high school he came out to stay with his father in California,"

Last I looked, I wasn't in that video, Mr Williams told his own story, all I did was post the interview.

That is one of the most unintelligent statements I have ever heard. Perhaps the below statements will help you to realize how unintelligent it actually was.

white person said:
Your observations are irrelevant, unless you are white you have no clue about what I'm talking.

crack addict said:
Your observations are irrelevant, unless you are addicted to crack you have no clue about what I'm talking.

female said:
Your observations are irrelevant, unless you are female you have no clue about what I'm talking.

politician said:
Your observations are irrelevant, unless you are a politician you have no clue about what I'm talking.

I could go on and on, but hopefully you get the point.

Last I looked, I wasn't in that video, Mr Williams told his own story, all I did was post the interview.

And you posted a lie.

:eusa_shifty:

And you posted a lie.

:eusa_shifty:

I posted a youtube video of an interview and you call me a liar for that?
What was the lie?
Or are you just trying to stir up shit? <--most likely probability

Forum List

Back