Up From The Projects

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
I've long admired Walter E Williams. In the below video he makes some excellent points.
Two points really stand out to me.

Political power does not equal economicl power.

Discrimination as it relates to freedom of association is not a bad thing.

I think he does an excellent job of explaining both of the above points

The video is almost 30 minutes long, but well worth the time to watch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7butJGdUmK0]Walter Williams: Up From the Projects - YouTube[/ame]

Suppose its too early to say I agree with him two minutes after you posted...

I've heard speeches by Justice Thomas in person and Bill Cosby online. Personal responsibility, education and no self pity seems to be themes with all of them.

I genuinely like Walter Williams' view, Alan. Thanks for sharing his interview. I wish we had thousands of blacks like him who could make a difference in the way the nation is going. Condoleeza Rice is such a person, but she doesn't like politics. Who could blame her, though? Like Walter Williams, she is an intellectual. I wish they'd recruit Michael Jordan. He has the discipline to focus a career in good things for all the American people, and he has name recognition as well as respect and street smarts. However, I don't know if he would have the aptitude to do what Walter Williams has done intellectually.

Last edited:
I genuinely like Walter Williams' view, Alan. Thanks for sharing his interview. I wish we had thousands of blacks like him who could make a difference in the way the nation is going. Condoleeza Rice is such a person, but she doesn't like politics. Who could blame her, though? Like Walter Williams, she is an intellectual.

But instead you got tens of millions of ******* like Barack Hussein Obama Jr.

God bless my America.

I genuinely like Walter Williams' view, Alan. Thanks for sharing his interview. I wish we had thousands of blacks like him who could make a difference in the way the nation is going. Condoleeza Rice is such a person, but she doesn't like politics. Who could blame her, though? Like Walter Williams, she is an intellectual.

God bless my America.

:cuckoo:

Couldn't even get to 10 posts without a thrashing.

Ree-dick-u-luss!

Last edited:
I've been a long time fan of Walter Williams. Common sense and intelligence never go out of style, though the left doesn't get what he's about. They usually insult him the same way they do anyone who disagrees with them.

God bless my America.

Ree-dick-u-luss!

It's all he deserves. It's funny how white conservatives are the only ones who support Williams, Sowell or Thomas. I wonder why that is?

God bless my America.

Ree-dick-u-luss!

It's all he deserves. It's funny how white conservatives are the only ones who support Williams, Sowell or Thomas. I wonder why that is?

There's nothing funny about black people who have the courage to step out of the safety zone of being a "cookie cutter" black person...because it is their fellow blacks who will attack and resent them more than anyone else, and that can't be easy to deal with on top of all the other obstacles they overcome.

Ree-dick-u-luss!

There's nothing funny about black people who have the courage to step out of the safety zone of being a "cookie cutter" black person...because it is their fellow blacks who will attack and resent them more than anyone else, and that can't be easy to deal with on top of all the other obstacles they overcome.

Define "Cookie cutter black person".

God bless my America.

Ree-dick-u-luss!

If I were a sane rational black man or woman toting Libertarian viewpoints, I'd probably be scared as hell to step out in front like either of the three mentioned above, lest I be labeled by my people.
That must be some sad world you live in Salt.

Define "Cookie cutter black person".

Your narrow defined view of how black people should think and behave...it's really quite revealing how you feel about any of them who step out of line. You don't allow for individuality, but have an expectation of group think. Maybe it's a left over mentality of there is power in numbers, and that is something that black people needed at one time to survive. Step into the 21 century and embrace the fact that you can stray from the herd without being picked off and eaten.

God bless my America.

No. Barack Hussein actually raises the children he has fathered.

I genuinely like Walter Williams' view, Alan. Thanks for sharing his interview. I wish we had thousands of blacks like him who could make a difference in the way the nation is going. Condoleeza Rice is such a person, but she doesn't like politics. Who could blame her, though? Like Walter Williams, she is an intellectual. I wish they'd recruit Michael Jordan. He has the discipline to focus a career in good things for all the American people, and he has name recognition as well as respect and street smarts. However, I don't know if he would have the aptitude to do what Walter Williams has done intellectually.

I grew up in Detroit and until a couple years ago visited every weekend when my grandmother was still alive. Tonight I'm watching the news and right there on 7 and Outer where I grew up, this white guy got into a fender bender with a black woman. She got out of the car and was mother f'ing him so he called the police. 3 black guys got out of the woman's car and gave him a beat down. The police never showed up. They gave him another number to report the accident. Because the beatdown already occured and there was nothing they could do about it, they didn't show up. That is their new policy because they have no money. Another reason why the Bush tax breaks need to go away. Cities are broke.

And it is because there are no jobs. High unemployment means crime goes up. Tariff manufacturers that make their shit overseas. Give companies tax breaks to move to Detroit.

But the black community is pathetic. They don't snitch. Tell me any white person who isn't going to tell the cops if their neighbor murders someone. Well black people don't trust the cops.

There have been more deaths in Detroit since 9-11 than in Afganistan.

Yep. My 48 years of being black in America and the 20 years I spent in the military living all over America in the black community. Now you find where Thomas, Williams or Sowell has more than 4% support within the black community.

Yep. My 48 years of being black in America and the 20 years I spent in the military living all over America in the black community. Now you find where Thomas, Williams or Sowell has more than 4% support within the black community.

So they are worthless without the support of the black community?? That says far more about the black community than it does them.

Ree-dick-u-luss!

If I were a sane rational black man or woman toting Libertarian viewpoints, I'd probably be scared as hell to step out in front like either of the three mentioned above, lest I be labeled by my people.
That must be some sad world you live in Salt.

Not really, because I don't give a damn what anyone, black or white thinks of me. My life is determined by my own actions.

Forum List

Back