• An unplanned and unwanted pregnancy

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Don't know for sure

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Nuc

Jul 10, 2005
Sydney, Australia
So many of these threads deal with the issue of whether or not it's OK to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. So to personalize things I thought I'd ask board members to be honest about their status as individuals.

nucular said:
So many of these threads deal with the issue of whether or not it's OK to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. So to personalize things I thought I'd ask board members to be honest about their status as individuals.

I am honestly an individual.

My parents told me I was planned.

I know of two people, friends of mine, who said their parents
told them they were unplanned, a more appropriate term
than "unwanted".

nucular said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but your statement seems to convey that you think that people who weren't the result of an unwanted pregnancy can't understand what it's like and thus shouldn't be able to decide whether such a pregnancy should be allowed to be aborted. I may have been a wanted pregnancy, but I have several friends who weren't, and they're ALL, STRONGLY anti-abortion. This includes one person I met (don't really know him, but he's a public speaker, so I know a bit about him) who spent the first decade of his life living off dog and cat food between beatings from his crack addicted mom. He's pro-life, and I think his endorsement gives me the right to be pro-life as well.

I was unplanned... Hell, my mother had had a partial hysterectomy an supposedly couldn't get pregnant. Even though the doctors told her having me might put her in harm, she went ahead and did anyway.

I myself have a daughter that is from an "unplanned" pregnancy. Her grandmother wanted her mother to have her aborted. My, at the time girlfriend and later wife, ignored her mother's wishes and went ahead with the birth although we were both still in high school.

To this day when I see my daughter (and now her daughter, my grand-daughter), I am so proud. I thank God every day we didn't listen to those that told us to abort. How it would be the best thing for us AND (which I never understood) the unborn child.

So therefore, I am STRONGLY anti-abortion.

Having said that, if women want to abort, I guess the man can do nothing about that... well, except pray that she receives her just judgment on judgment day.

Hobbit said:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but your statement seems to convey that you think that people who weren't the result of an unwanted pregnancy can't understand what it's like and thus shouldn't be able to decide whether such a pregnancy should be allowed to be aborted.

Then I'll forgive you.

nucular said:

Maybe a better question would be (as Free explained about himself) how many here have had unplanned/wanted pregnancies? How many have had abortions?

Me, I have one child, unplanned. No abortions in my past.

Said1 said:
Maybe a better question would be (as Free explained about himself) how many here have had unplanned/wanted pregnancies? How many have had abortions?

That's a good question. Why don't you post a poll?

Said1 said:

You know, I have not in my entire life
known a woman who said she had ever
had an abortion. Yet I must have had
the acquaintance of many.

I wonder what percentage of all women
have had any. Something like 1 in 100?

USViking said:

I would say more. I know several who have had more than one.

USViking said:

I found one site which said each year 2%
of US women will have abortions, with 48%
having had at least one earlier.

Another site said at current rates over 40%
of all US women will have had an abortion by
age 45.

Ugh.

USViking said:

lol- u joking? way more than 1%

Three kids.

First was totally unexpected. Almost a "how'd dat get dere?" unexpected. She was 16 I was 17. Friends counseled abortion.

Second was given up on trying then she got pregnant just before a deployment. Guess saying G'bye makes Sammy swim better.

Third was planned in intricate detail. Right down to her law degree and nobel peace prize. :)

Same wife, BTW the First is now at OCS in Quantico. The second is living on his own going to college and working full time. Last is a typical fifteen year old girl who knows more about shoes than I ever will.

Forum List

Back