Unusual hobbies?

I collect first editions, swords and Pink Floyd memorabilia...

I like to parachute, once I finally con the wife, we'll be going every month. I got her to zip line, bunji next then the big step out...

I collect first editions, swords and Pink Floyd memorabilia...

:clap2:

user20028_pic982_1258513353_thumb.gif

user20028_pic1919_1283082739_thumb.gif

user20028_pic1060_1260593032.gif

This is the wife and I with my trusty charger.

is that a limo in the background? :eusa_eh:

j/k

Cool pic :cool: & nice bike.
Not exactly a limo, but a damned sight more comfortable than anything else I've ever ridden. I've done dozens of 700+ mile days and 2 1,000 + mile days. 16 hours in the saddle is pretty tough on my 61 year old body. I will ride a bike that allows me to be reasonably comfortable and still performs well.
Mighty Whitey is a 2004 FLHP that was originally a police motor in Key West. It has 52,000 miles on it. It shows some age, mostly rusty chrome from constant exposure to salt air and high humidity, but runs like a top with no major repairs. It tops out at 125 with my skinny ass on board and will run 100 plus for hours without a complaint. It gets about 30 mpg around town and will get 40 on the highway if I stay around 65 or 70. It gets 35 at 100, and about the same at 75 with my wife on the back.

I also collect butterfly (balisong) knives.

Most are from the Philippines.

The best and most sought after one is the discontinued American made Benchmade 42 model.

They are alot of fun to flip and do tricks with.

But they are razor sharp and you have to be very careful.

I wish I was as skilled as this guy on the video. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Close your eyes and try to imagine me sitting at my keyboard dressed in medieval clothing complete with chainmail and a sword strapped across my back.
The Florida Renaissance Festival opened yesterday and today my wife and I will hop on my motorized charger in costume and join the festivities. I'm not into jousting myself, but it's fun to watch as are falconry and swordsmanship.
I'm a gamer. Freaking the mundanes is a way of life.

Today, for instance, we discussed in my little sliver of nerdom, bit torrent hacking, neck breaking moves in Kung Fu, caloric energy needed for producing a Fireball spell, and the dangers of creating wormholes.

And then the merry troupe went off to kill Hollow Ones, Black Puddings and avoid horrible political issues with the Dwarfs we were helping out.

Yeah... This nerd doesn't find too much weird.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back