Unusual hobbies?

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
Close your eyes and try to imagine me sitting at my keyboard dressed in medieval clothing complete with chainmail and a sword strapped across my back.
The Florida Renaissance Festival opened yesterday and today my wife and I will hop on my motorized charger in costume and join the festivities. I'm not into jousting myself, but it's fun to watch as are falconry and swordsmanship.

Close your eyes and try to imagine me sitting at my keyboard dressed in medieval clothing complete with chainmail and a sword strapped across my back.
The Florida Renaissance Festival opened yesterday and today my wife and I will hop on my motorized charger in costume and join the festivities. I'm not into jousting myself, but it's fun to watch as are falconry and swordsmanship.

Ernie...watch out for that guy with the can-operner!

There will be hundreds of people with swords, including me. I laugh at can openers! I will smite thee can opener man!

Last edited:

There will be hundreds of people with swords, including me. I laugh at can openers! I will smite thee can opener man!

Wheeew...glad you have that danger under control!

Oh...one more warning:

Last edited by a moderator:
I catalog dust bunnies.

They're a dangerous breed, so I don't molest them, of course.

They must feed on my dog's shed fur because most of them tend to be the same color as her.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I admit it, I am a ghoster too. I belong to a Society that searches out ghosts in upstate New York and hope to go back and tour with them this Spring. Take the kidlet, see the old homeland, bag a ghost.

LOL.

My hobby is collecting and wearing exotic skin vintage handmade cowboy boots.

My favorite pairs are anteater skins. (3 pair; gray, black, and cognac)

But my everyday wear is a pair of elephant skin in medium brown. (tough as nails hide)

I also have some python, rattlesnake, ostrich, lizard, iguana, and alligator skins, in various colors.

The alligator's are what I wear with a suit or to a formal dinner.

I'm still looking for a pair of sea turtle skin boots.

But they have been on the Endangered Species list for around 30 years.

So they are hard to find; and very expensive when you do. :cool:

I'll get my washing wench outfit out!

Take pics!!

My hobby is collecting and wearing exotic skin vintage handmade cowboy boots.

My favorite pairs are anteater skins. (3 pair; gray, black, and cognac)

But my everyday wear is a pair of elephant skin in medium brown. (tough as nails hide)

I also have some python, rattlesnake, ostrich, lizard, iguana, and alligator skins, in various colors.

The alligator's are what I wear with a suit or to a formal dinner.

I'm still looking for a pair of sea turtle skin boots.

But they have been on the Endangered Species list for around 30 years.

So they are hard to find; and very expensive when you do. :cool:
No jew skin?

Forum List

Back