Unusual bonds that animals make....

I think you might like this. There are a few strange animal friends here! :)

15 Unusual Animal Friendships That Will Melt Your Heart Bored Panda

unusual-animal-friendship-4-1.jpg

The wolf who forgot to eat

A European wolf was captured in the mountains of Albania, in 2007. To feed him (get this!), the poachers gave him an old abused donkey, who had lost any value. The wolf was supposed to eat the donkey, but the two animals became best friends instead. Their surprising history became public and thousands wrote to the government to ask them to spare their lives. Albanian television covered the story and under enormous pressure, both animals were saved.
Story received via: Ismahene Jarboui.

224334_10151111877839700_643139347_n.jpg

The wolf who forgot to eat

A European wolf was captured in the mountains of Albania, in 2007. To feed him (get this!), the poachers gave him an old abused donkey, who had lost any value. The wolf was supposed to eat the donkey, but the two animals became best friends instead. Their surprising history became public and thousands wrote to the government to ask them to spare their lives. Albanian television covered the story and under enormous pressure, both animals were saved.
Story received via: Ismahene Jarboui.

224334_10151111877839700_643139347_n.jpg

Poor thing looks so mangy.

An European Lynx had a feline friend who came to visit her everyday at the Leningrad (St Petersburg) Zoo, the oldest zoo in Russia. The calico cat bonded with the Lynx on the first day they met. They have been inseparable since. Now they are living together at the Zoo.
According to the local people, the calico was homeless and happened to find food in the lynx’s enclosure. The lynx did not reject her, rather she became her best friend. It seems as if the cat needs the lynx as much as she needs her. The zoo adopted the cat so that she and her lynx friend could live together.
A homeless cat befriended a lynx at the St. Petersburg Zoo and they are now inseparable.​

37472348972.jpg

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]ctarXVlDtXQ[/MEDIA] awesome friends in St. Petersburg Zoo / ????????? ?????? ? ????????? ???????? - YouTube[/ame]
Animals are better than people. They accept without judgment (except cats, they're just assholes).
Forming these relationships are very common in the animal kingdom.
Check out this seeing-eye goat:

They are an unlikely pair. Both were adopted by Dr. Gary Spence at the Spence and White Veterinary Clinic in Tyler, Texas. Ever since they met, they haven’t missed their morning walk in two years. “They’re just, I mean, they’re buddies. Yea,” said Dr. Spence.
The two started their daily walk wandering the halls from the day Peepers arrived in the clinic. “Peepers came from, she belonged to two girls that were up at UT and this was going to be their apartment duck,” Dr. Spence said. However, it didn’t work out, so Peepers ended up at the clinic.
“I had an 8-month-old cat, Grayson, at the time, that adopted her.”
“They sleep together. They play together. she does this dance to her. That’s her little Grayson dance. And, I mean, they’re just best friends,” he added.
“The cat took the duck under his wing and raised her and they’re best friends.”
“There’s really some weird pairings that will occur. And, you know, this one needed a friend and Grayson needed a friend at the time and they just buddied up.”

Meet Grayson the cat and Peepers the duck. They are an unlikely pair. Ever since they met, they haven’t missed a single morning walk in two years.

Grayson is a cat adopted by Dr. Gary Spence. He adopted Peepers the duck when she arrived in the clinic.

“There’s really some weird pairings that will occur. And, you know, this one needed a friend and Grayson needed a friend at the time and they just buddied up.”

Two cats and a duck adopted each other after they were taken in by a family this year. They share an incredible bond.
After Katie Stulc and her husband Nick DuFoe lost their black lab Minnie, they were heart broken, and knew they couldn’t get another dog anytime soon, but they still wanted some pets.
When they heard about two kittens that needed a home, they took them in, but that’s not all.
“Another one of my friends posted on her Facebook that she had ducks, and I’m like… ‘that’d be kind of fun.'”
The family introduced Penny the duck chick to their two cats, Sheldon and Leonard. The two ginger brothers quickly accepted Penny as part of the gang.
When the cats come to hang out with Penny in the morning, they head right to her nest. They spend the day together in the yard sitting in the sun or just wandering around, and when the sun goes down Penny goes back to her crate.
“Hangin’ out… that’s what they do,” said Katie.
[Scroll down for video]
Two cats and a duck have adopted each other and share a special bond. Meet Sheldon and Leonard the cats and Penny the duck.

They were taken in by Katie Stulc and her husband Nick DuFoe after they lost their black lab.

Every morning when the cats come out to the yard, they head right to Penny’s nest.

They spend the day sitting in the sun or just wandering in the yard.

This is them cuddling together in a pet carrier.

An European Lynx had a feline friend who came to visit her everyday at the Leningrad (St Petersburg) Zoo, the oldest zoo in Russia. The calico cat bonded with the Lynx on the first day they met. They have been inseparable since. Now they are living together at the Zoo.
According to the local people, the calico was homeless and happened to find food in the lynx’s enclosure. The lynx did not reject her, rather she became her best friend. It seems as if the cat needs the lynx as much as she needs her. The zoo adopted the cat so that she and her lynx friend could live together.
A homeless cat befriended a lynx at the St. Petersburg Zoo and they are now inseparable.​

37472348972.jpg

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]ctarXVlDtXQ[/MEDIA] awesome friends in St. Petersburg Zoo / ????????? ?????? ? ????????? ???????? - YouTube[/ame]

Misery enjoys company???

In the 21st century, there is no excuse for zoos.

I have seen some of those videos and they are amazing.

Here are some more:
cat and owl - Bing Videos

Mr. G and Jellybean

I have goats and know they are extremely intelligent animals. They are also extremely family oriented and I have one group five generations deep that "hang" together.
An owl ate a cat of mine when I was a kid.

Just swooped down, and took him off.

I found his head while raking leaves.

Here are some more:

Mr. G and Jellybean

I have goats and know they are extremely intelligent animals. They are also extremely family oriented and I have one group five generations deep that "hang" together.

An excellent example why you DON'T allow your cat outside once they have become tame!

Here are some more:

Mr. G and Jellybean

An excellent example why you DON'T allow your cat outside once they have become tame!
I don't have animals in my house.

I have learned to tolerate my GF's cats in her house.

Rather, they learned to tolerate me in their house.

Here are some more:

Mr. G and Jellybean

Give them catnip upon your arrival at her home, the cats won't have to tolerate you, they simply won't give a shit if you are there or not!

Here are some more:

Mr. G and Jellybean

Give them catnip upon your arrival at her home, the cats won't have to tolerate you, they simply won't give a shit if you are there or not!

They love me now.

I talk to my (our) cats on the phone every day.

Which reminds me, time to call the GF and the kitties.

Forum List

Back