unusual activity warning screen

featherlite

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2015
WA
This screen keeps popping up that says... we detect unusual traffic from your network date time IP, search ect...then it wants me to click a link and do a captcha.

I've had unusual intrusive activity on my system before but I've never seen this.
So far Im just ignoring it, the garbage out there always looks so legit.
will it harm or help...that is the question. lol

This screen keeps popping up that says... we detect unusual traffic from your network date time IP, search ect...then it wants me to click a link and do a captcha.

I've had unusual intrusive activity on my system before but I've never seen this.
So far Im just ignoring it, the garbage out there always looks so legit.
will it harm or help...that is the question. lol
Okay....... What operating system do you use? Which browser do you use? What 3rd party apps do you have running? Do you have any anti-virus/anti-malware on your system?

Opera and fire fox sometimes chrome I had avast but disabled it recently

Opera and fire fox sometimes chrome I had avast but disabled it recently
First things first, reactivate Avast then download and install Malewarebytes if you haven't already. Run scans to see if you picked up any "bugs".
Then again it could be Google browser settings or it could be that the ISP you're using is a smaller one that places all it's user's "name" in front of the same door, if that happens Google may get suspicious and hit you with the suspicious traffic pop up. Basically make sure your computer's IP protocol is set to default
Now one other question, are you the only one on the network or are there multiple computers?
Download and install Wireshark: Wireshark · Download
Run it overnight and all the next day while you are at work to find where the traffic is coming from.

Forum List

Back