...Until We Control The Press...

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I've always felt the sad duty to be Jeremiah....predicting the demise of this once great nation.

Yes...I've often said that as long as the Left owns the media and the school system, rectitude is a lost cause.....

Lost....headed into the abyss......

Wait!!!

1."Never Mind Bombing Iran, Sheldon Adelson Wants To Buy The NY Times

2. ...what Sheldon Adelson said on a completely different topic totally caught our attention: he laid out a plan to buy the NY Times. Even though it’s not for sale.

3. ....Adelson knows a thing or two about owning the media. Over in Israel, he created a daily newspaper, Yisrael Hayom...

4. So how would he buy the Times? Simple – by throwing too much money at it.
“There’s only one way to buy it,” Adelson said. “Money.”

5. It started when Shawn Evenhaim, the national chairman of the Israeli American Council, asked the two men if they thought the news media are biased against Israel.

6. Saban said they were, except for both of Rupert Murdoch’s children, Fox News Channel and the Wall Street Journal.

7. He didn’t mention the NY Post. but he did tell Adelson they should have bought The Washington Post together.

8. “I wish that [Amazon.com founder] Jeff Bezos hadn’t bought The Washington Post,” Saban said. “For $250 million — bupkis — he stole it.”

9. So Adelson suggested, “Why don’t you and I go after the New York Times?”

10. “You pay significantly more than it’s worth, then the non-family shareholders have the right to bring a suit between the real value and what’s been offered.”
The Jewish Press Never Mind Bombing Iran Sheldon Adelson Wants To Buy The NY Times

You do realize that Sheldon Adelson is on the Right, not the Left... right?

Oh, my...

She just proved her own OP is wrong. Weird but she does that quite often.

I remember some years ago that more than 70% of Republican voters questioned said they believe the press in the US should be controlled by government.

And, sure nuff - they got their wish when Michael Powell took over as head of the FCC.

Watch the documentary, Orwell Rolls In His Grave to see it and the results. Its available on You Tube.

'We' being the extreme right, PoliticalSpice?

Once again you expose your ignorance of the Constitution. The freedom of the press is in the BoR. You don't get to "control the press".

Your RW authoritarian desire to censor the media is un-American.

Again, just as we saw in the net neutrality threads, RWs want to pay more and get less. That's okay with me but they'll also force smart people into the same self-destructive corner.

:nono:

'We' being the extreme right, PoliticalSpice?

Once again you expose your ignorance of the Constitution. The freedom of the press is in the BoR. You don't get to "control the press".

Your RW authoritarian desire to censor the media is un-American.

Oh...another imbecile.

You birds flock together, huh?

There is nothing in the OP about censorship. It relates to the far Left slant of the NYTimes, and what would correct same.

"Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr. is Publisher of The New York Times newspaper and Chairman of The New York Times Company, a conglomerate that owns the Times and many other media entities, including the Boston Globe.

As an adolescent he moved in with his father in Manhattan, grew his hair long, became immersed in the 1960s counter-culture, and was twice arrested in anti-Vietnam War demonstrations.

During this era, Punch Sulzberger asked his activist son: “If an American soldier runs into a North Vietnamese soldier, which would you like to see get shot?” “I would want to see the American get shot,” replied the young man. “It's the other guy's country.” (This statement ignores the fact that most of those fighting against Americans in then-South Vietnam were soldiers invading from another country, Communist North Vietnam.)"
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=1821

"“I would want to see the American get shot,”

These are the scum that formulate what passes for thinking on your part.

Again, just as we saw in the net neutrality threads, RWs want to pay more and get less. That's okay with me but they'll also force smart people into the same self-destructive corner.

:nono:

"RWs want to pay more..."

The operative point is whether or not the owners of the technology get to decide how it is used....or your god, command and control big government does....as in all totalitarian regimes.

There is nothing in the OP about censorship

As usual your reading comprehension is abysmal, PoliticalSpice.

I quoted the title that YOU gave this thread;

That is YOUR authoritarian desire to censor the media.

Deflecting to the OP doesn't excuse your un-Americanism in the least.

You should check to see if your community college offers remedial civics lessons that you can join.

You should check to see if your community college offers remedial civics lessons that you can join.

I sure would like to see America-haters like you and Sulzberger out of the dissemination of information.

I sure would like to see America-haters like you and Sulzberger out of the dissemination of information.

:lmao:

Doubling down on your un-Americanism, PoliticalSpice?

Why, yes, she is!

A truly stupid non sequitur.....

Exactly what one would expect from you.

I've always felt the sad duty to be Jeremiah....predicting the demise of this once great nation.

Yes...I've often said that as long as the Left owns the media and the school system, rectitude is a lost cause.....

Lost....headed into the abyss......

Wait!!!

1."Never Mind Bombing Iran, Sheldon Adelson Wants To Buy The NY Times

2. ...what Sheldon Adelson said on a completely different topic totally caught our attention: he laid out a plan to buy the NY Times. Even though it’s not for sale.

3. ....Adelson knows a thing or two about owning the media. Over in Israel, he created a daily newspaper, Yisrael Hayom...

4. So how would he buy the Times? Simple – by throwing too much money at it.
“There’s only one way to buy it,” Adelson said. “Money.”

5. It started when Shawn Evenhaim, the national chairman of the Israeli American Council, asked the two men if they thought the news media are biased against Israel.

6. Saban said they were, except for both of Rupert Murdoch’s children, Fox News Channel and the Wall Street Journal.

7. He didn’t mention the NY Post. but he did tell Adelson they should have bought The Washington Post together.

8. “I wish that [Amazon.com founder] Jeff Bezos hadn’t bought The Washington Post,” Saban said. “For $250 million — bupkis — he stole it.”

9. So Adelson suggested, “Why don’t you and I go after the New York Times?”

10. “You pay significantly more than it’s worth, then the non-family shareholders have the right to bring a suit between the real value and what’s been offered.”
The Jewish Press Never Mind Bombing Iran Sheldon Adelson Wants To Buy The NY Times

I watch LR damned near every day.

Forum List

Back