Unstoppable

Tickets still about $6 I think here.

How many runaway train movies do we need?
Snakes on a runaway train next?

i just cant part with the 16 or 18 bucks for 2 tickets...i will wait for the dvd

Yea...I know what you mean....costs about 19 for two here. :/
And unless I think it's REALLY gonna be worth watching, it's a big waste of money.
To be honest, I enjoy the dollar theater we have here. Not as posh and fancy, but nevertheless ...still good popcorn and the same movie for much less!

Tickets still about $6 I think here.

How many runaway train movies do we need?
Snakes on a runaway train next?

haha...."Snakes On A Runaway Train"...our next blockbuster. :tongue:

Denzel is the shit! :thup:

Couldn't agree more. The last movie I saw with him in it, The Book Of Eli, was great!

the dollar place here has closed.....last time i went to the movies....i got a popcorn and coke...gave the guy a 20...he gives me back 8 bucks...surely there is a mistake...i cry....nope...he says....12 bucks was the tab

the dollar place here has closed.....last time i went to the movies....i got a popcorn and coke...gave the guy a 20...he gives me back 8 bucks...surely there is a mistake...i cry....nope...he says....12 bucks was the tab

Once, in the airport at Frankfort, Germany, I was traveling with 3 of my friends. We decided to have some coffee while we waited for our plane to begin the boarding process. We went into this little place at the airport and ordered 3 cups of coffee and a glass of milk cause one of the guys didn't want coffee. The tab was $26.00!

I was in a theatre lobby when 2 eldery gals sauntered in with a huge clear plastic bag of their own popcorn. No one said a word about it. Age sometimes has it's priveleges. :D

afternoon matinees and patience for dollar theaters.

BUT...

being the Foamer that I am, I'm going to see this first run actually. Latest decent looking train flick since "Under Siege: Dark Territory" which wasn't the greatest, but had some fun moments.

no no i dont knw whats in 3d......just that 3d adds to the ticket price..

avatar is the only thing i have seen in 3d and i think that movie was so over rated

no no i dont knw whats in 3d......just that 3d adds to the ticket price..

avatar is the only thing i have seen in 3d and i think that movie was so over rated
I saw Dances With Smurfs in 2d. I wouldn't pay the extra to watch that in 3d. That movie will be one confusing anomaly for studio experts to understand why it was one of the highest grossing films of all time 20 years from now because it's all flash and halfassed hyperbole. Kinda like trying to understand why "The Graduate" is a 'great' film.

lol@the graduate...never got that one either...nor will i watch titanic....i really prefer the old movies...b/w by directors who make cinema history....without all the bells and whistles

Titanic is good once you deal with boarding the ship, ignore the love story, and the boat hits the damn iceberg. It's that big chunk in the middle, unless you focus on what's going on in the background that make it worth while.

But as for train movies... I own a few, and have more to get.

Emperor of the North Pole. Fantastic movie (Sometimes called "Emperor of the North" because some studio exec didn't get the "Pole" part which the movie explains) Ernest Borgnine and Lee Marvin are fantastic in it. Lots of steam action.

Runaway Train. Powerhouse performance by John Voigt and Rebecca De Mornay. Even Eric Roberts is good, and the train sequences in Alaska are awesome.

Sullivan's Travels. A gem of a film which a popular hollywood comedy movie director wants to make 'important' films and decides to ride the rails to learn what 'suffering is'. The first half of the film is comedic, but then takes a sudden shift in the second half as the diretor gets what he really wants. One of Veronica Lake's first films, done while she was 7-8 months pregnant and you'd never know.

Fools Parade. If you can FIND this one, it's a fantastic 'lost' Jimmy Stewart film with a very young Kurt Russell as a teen aged bounty hunter!!!! A parolee goes to his bank in the depression to find out that the sheriff and banker have colluded to steal his money. So he comes back with dynamite to rob the banker of his money and then hoboes trying to escape the vengeful sheriff and bounty hunter who have been hired to stop him. Jimmy does a wonderful trick scaring the life out of the overly religious bounty hunter by plucking out his glass eye in one scene. It is not on VHS or DVD so finding it will take a miracle. And if you do, let me know, dammit!!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back