Unspeakable Violence Is Correct

deaddude said:
Yes and their are conservatives who hate gays so much that they believe God is punishing the US by killing soldiers. You get wackos in any ideology, using them to blacken the ideology as a whole is underhanded.

Except the left AS A WHOLE was on the Abu Ghraib bandwagon, or the alleged Koran flushing, or at any time some poor detainee gets a bent eyelash.

Hardly a good comparison to a fringe element bunch of religious wahckos who are about as Christian as Hitler was.

GunnyL said:
Well, that WAS supposed to be humor, but since you want to play ......

Humour's good. Sometimes though I'm not good at picking up on subtlety, that was obviously one of those times. I shall read with a more positive frame of mind in future.

I really didn't expect anyone to come along and attempt to justify the act. The absolute silence from the left is all the "justification" required.

With respect, that's not fair. Silence isn't approval. I don't post on every thread in this forum, but I read most of them. If I agree I may post or I may not. If I disagree I may post or I may not. Where I disagree I really do - some may not believe this - weigh up whether I have anything useful to add or if I'm simply giving vent to my feelings. I fully realise that my view of the world is in the minority in these forums so it's important that I don't give the impression of being some sort of idiot troll just here to pick at scabs. Since you don't know me personally, you have no idea of how I feel about this outrage, so don't assume that because I didn't post a condemnation that I'm not appalled by it. I can't speak for anyone else.

Where's the every-other-thread "Abu Ghraib this and Abu Ghraib that"? Or pointing of fingers in every direction but at the people whose turn-a-blind-eye political philosophy allows this kind of people to fometn hatred, breed, and grow?

Brutality of this nature disgusts but doesn't surprise me. Nothing humans do surprises me. I've dealt with humanity at its most base, I know what humans are capable of. Since you bring up the behaviour of the soldiers in Abu Ghraib let me say it didn't surprise me.

Where's all your liberal "moral outrage?" The pages and pages and hours and hours and days and days and months and months of nonstop running off at the mouth that accompanied prisoners being mistreated in Abu Ghraib?

I don't have to express my moral outrage, I feel it. The point about the outrage at Abu Ghraib was that it was perpetrated by supposedly disciplined soldiers in a custodial facility, not some whacked-out nutter mediaevalist with a sword.

Last I looked, there were TWO threads on this subject on this board ....both posted by conservatives. Why IS that? Doesn't the same moral outrage apply to the scumbags that are our enemies you apply to those serving our Nation?

See above.

You don't need to justify a damned thing. You are condemned by your silence.

You assume too much. Again, see above.

Diuretic said:
Humour's good. Sometimes though I'm not good at picking up on subtlety, that was obviously one of those times. I shall read with a more positive frame of mind in future.

With respect, that's not fair. Silence isn't approval. I don't post on every thread in this forum, but I read most of them. If I agree I may post or I may not. If I disagree I may post or I may not. Where I disagree I really do - some may not believe this - weigh up whether I have anything useful to add or if I'm simply giving vent to my feelings. I fully realise that my view of the world is in the minority in these forums so it's important that I don't give the impression of being some sort of idiot troll just here to pick at scabs. Since you don't know me personally, you have no idea of how I feel about this outrage, so don't assume that because I didn't post a condemnation that I'm not appalled by it. I can't speak for anyone else.

Brutality of this nature disgusts but doesn't surprise me. Nothing humans do surprises me. I've dealt with humanity at its most base, I know what humans are capable of. Since you bring up the behaviour of the soldiers in Abu Ghraib let me say it didn't surprise me.

I don't have to express my moral outrage, I feel it. The point about the outrage at Abu Ghraib was that it was perpetrated by supposedly disciplined soldiers in a custodial facility, not some whacked-out nutter mediaevalist with a sword.

See above.

You assume too much. Again, see above.

I assume nothing. You came to play. "You" being the universal mainstream left, not you personally. If you choose to champion that cause, then you choose to carry its burden.

The accusation I posted is legitimate. The hypocrisy is real. If the accusation does not apply to you, then don't argue the point with me.

GunnyL said:
I assume nothing. You came to play. "You" being the universal mainstream left, not you personally. If you choose to champion that cause, then you choose to carry its burden.

The accusation I posted is legitimate. The hypocrisy is real. If the accusation does not apply to you, then don't argue the point with me.

If I stood back and stayed silent on everything that didn't apply to "me" (as in me the person), then I'd never get a post completed - no fun that.

And I like arguing the point, it's the only way I'll ever find out if my views and ideas have any validity to them. Standing around in a big circle nodding and agreeing never got anyone anywhere (except perhaps the Bay of Pigs and other political fiascos where groupthink ruled).

However I do like to try and keep it impersonal.

Checked for humour. Found none. Posted accordingly.

Diuretic said:
If I stood back and stayed silent on everything that didn't apply to "me" (as in me the person), then I'd never get a post completed - no fun that.

And I like arguing the point, it's the only way I'll ever find out if my views and ideas have any validity to them. Standing around in a big circle nodding and agreeing never got anyone anywhere (except perhaps the Bay of Pigs and other political fiascos where groupthink ruled).

However I do like to try and keep it impersonal.

Checked for humour. Found none. Posted accordingly.

I made my point, and you responded with how it wasn't fair as it didn't apply to you. I merely pointed out that if you champion the cause, it DOES apply to you as you have taken on the burden of carrying the argument.

Whether you do or not, is up to you. But you can't have your cake and eat it too.

GunnyL said:
I made my point, and you responded with how it wasn't fair as it didn't apply to you. I merely pointed out that if you champion the cause, it DOES apply to you as you have taken on the burden of carrying the argument.

Whether you do or not, is up to you. But you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Fair enough. Point conceded in that case.

GunnyL said:
Except the left AS A WHOLE was on the Abu Ghraib bandwagon, or the alleged Koran flushing, or at any time some poor detainee gets a bent eyelash.

Yes I will accept that the left as a whole thought that what happened in Abu Ghraib was wrong, however that is not what I was comparing the god hates fags to. I requote what I was talking about and bold the important bit that I was refering to.

is fraternity hazzing tourture....had an sf lefty tell me she deserved it

Not only is that using anecdotal evidence, it is also using an example of one wacko to blacken an ideology as a whole.

Kathianne said:
And their fellow Christians reactions? Can't really say the same for MS Muslims.

Oh, seems to me that this particular thread was about a Muslim woman being killed by terrorists. Oh but of course according to your dogma she tacitly approved of having her head choped off. You cant use an example with a muslim victim, and then go on to say that all muslims approve of terrorism.

deaddude said:
Yes I will accept that the left as a whole thought that what happened in Abu Ghraib was wrong, however that is not what I was comparing the god hates fags to. I requote what I was talking about and bold the important bit that I was refering to.

Not only is that using anecdotal evidence, it is also using an example of one wacko to blacken an ideology as a whole.

I see a statement, backed up with an example. I don't see a statement that ALL lefties said it, just the one in the example, who we can all see is an extremist.

I am the one who threw out the blanket indictment. And i didn't say "the left as a whole thought that what happended at Abu Ghraib was wrong." I have found very few on the right who thought it was right.

The event did not warrant the sensationalism it received, nor the continued beating of the proverbial dead horse to this day. Hell, any Marine who ever got promoted has been treated worse than anything that happened at Abu Ghraib, and that's not to mention getting your jump wings "pinned on."

The point is, in contrast, the severity of the subject crime is unquestionable; yet, it gets little attention because there's no way (as of this moment) an attack on Bush can be construed from it.

The left wanted to hang everyone from the lowliest private all the way up to and including Bush over Abu Ghraib. Blanket indictments against the military as opposed to against acts of individuals acting outside the rules and regulations were tossed against the wall on a daily basis.

This story got a one-time shot.

What's right doesn't matter. How can I throw shit on the Republicans DOES.

deaddude said:
Oh, seems to me that this particular thread was about a Muslim woman being killed by terrorists. Oh but of course according to your dogma she tacitly approved of having her head choped off. You cant use an example with a muslim victim, and then go on to say that all muslims approve of terrorism.

Excuse me? I was referring to your post only:

DD said:
Originally Posted by deaddude
Yes and their are conservatives who hate gays so much that they believe God is punishing the US by killing soldiers. You get wackos in any ideology, using them to blacken the ideology as a whole is underhanded.

Again, what was the reaction to the likes of these 'conservatives'? What has been the reaction of Muslims to the killing of women in the example you gave? Who is it fighting for Sharia law in Western states? Do you see the 'whacko Christians' increasing in recruitment?

Forum List

Back