Unseasonably cool in the central California coast regions

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
Wow, would you look at that. It's hot in the NE (like usual for the summer season) and yet in Santa Barbara and the rest of the central coast from Ventura up to San Luis Obispo it has been unseasonably cold. My local news says that it was record low high temps for the region but I havn't been able to confirm that yet. As you can see it is 61 in SF and 67 in San Jose

San Francisco, Oakland & San Jose: Bay Area News, Weather & Traffic - KTVU California

Wow, would you look at that. It's hot in the NE (like usual for the summer season) and yet in Santa Barbara and the rest of the central coast from Ventura up to San Luis Obispo it has been unseasonably cold. My local news says that it was record low high temps for the region but I havn't been able to confirm that yet. As you can see it is 61 in SF and 67 in San Jose

San Francisco, Oakland & San Jose: Bay Area News, Weather & Traffic - KTVU California

*looks out the window* Agreed, its cold and foggy.

San Jose is hardly San Francisco. The micro-climates in the Bay Area vary quite a bit. It's been chilly all over, not just in SF.

Yep. Hotter in Portland, Oregon than in Los Angeles. And?

Quite simple old fraud, you point to hot summer weather as evidence for GW and I point to cold weather at the exact same time and you try to pass it off as meaningless, which in fact it is, but then so is your point about the hot weather in the NE.

Can't have one without the other old fraud, no matter how hard you try!

The temperatures that I have pointed to, have been those from all over the world, not just in a few places that were warmer or colder than normal. The satellite data from Dr. Spencer backs up the fact that it is getting warmer. Just look at the 13 month running mean.

June 2010 UAH Global Temperature Update: +0.44 deg. C Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

Note that the mean is approaching the high of 1998. And that the mean has never gone done to the 0 line since 2000.

San Jose is hardly San Francisco. The micro-climates in the Bay Area vary quite a bit. It's been chilly all over, not just in SF.

exactly, its been okay here, we had maybe, oh 3-4 days I would call really hot so far, thats it.....I travel to the SF climate to work everyday and its 5 deg. cooler than the lower valley area.

The temperatures that I have pointed to, have been those from all over the world, not just in a few places that were warmer or colder than normal. The satellite data from Dr. Spencer backs up the fact that it is getting warmer. Just look at the 13 month running mean.

June 2010 UAH Global Temperature Update: +0.44 deg. C Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

Note that the mean is approaching the high of 1998. And that the mean has never gone done to the 0 line since 2000.

Yes and you fail to note that he attributes it to the current El Nino, and then also says that the temp appears to be waning as the La Nina approaches. Also these are lower atmosphere temperatures not ground temperatures. And so far there is little evidence that atmospheric temps transfer to the ground.

I see, Ol' Walleyes. Until 1998, 2005, and 2010, we had no El Ninos. Because, if we did, why was it not as warm as the last three El Ninos? In fact, why was the La Nina of 2008 only able to lower that years temperature to the 10 warmest recorded? Remember, the sun war very quiescent that year, also. In fact, you wingnuts were predicting the start of another ice age based on that. How did that prediction turn out?

2005 was also a year where the La Nina started immediatly after an El Nino, at about the same time too. And that year tied 1998 for warmth, by GISS data. Not only this, but the oceans are as warm as they have ever been in the time that we have been recording them.

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/388674main_portal2Huge.jpg

I see, Ol' Walleyes. Until 1998, 2005, and 2010, we had no El Ninos. Because, if we did, why was it not as warm as the last three El Ninos? In fact, why was the La Nina of 2008 only able to lower that years temperature to the 10 warmest recorded? Remember, the sun war very quiescent that year, also. In fact, you wingnuts were predicting the start of another ice age based on that. How did that prediction turn out?

2005 was also a year where the La Nina started immediatly after an El Nino, at about the same time too. And that year tied 1998 for warmth, by GISS data. Not only this, but the oceans are as warm as they have ever been in the time that we have been recording them.

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/388674main_portal2Huge.jpg

The GISS data is, by their own admission, ummmm shall we say scattered?
http://strata-sphere.com/blog/index.php/archives/12532

NASA GISS Inaccurate Press Release On The Surface Temperature Trend Data Climate Science: Roger Pielke Sr.

Forum List

Back