Unrest reported in Libya

May the same fate happen to all the world's dicatators.

The ARAB world is waking up, folks.

I don't know if I buy this, Saddam said the same thing and he ended up going with US Forces without a fight. These dictators only care about themselves and will not martyr themselves for anything.

Libya: Gadhafi vows to fight on, die a martyr

71bf655ea82112fbc8b9070bb7611d18.jpeg

CAIRO – Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi vowed to fight on to his "last drop of blood" and roared at his supporters to take to the streets against protesters demanding his ouster, shouting and pounding his fist in a furious speech Tuesday after two nights of a bloody crackdown in the capital trying to crush the uprising that has fragmented his regime.

It was the second time Gadhafi has appeared during the week of upheaval across his country. Swathed in brown robes and a turban, he spoke on state TV from behind a podium in the entrance of his bombed-out Tripoli residence hit by U.S. airstrikes in the 1980s and left unrepaired as a monument of defiance.

At times the camera panned back to show a towering monument of a gold-colored fist crushing an American fighter jet, outside the building. But at the same time, the view gave a surreal image of the Libyan leader, shouting and waving his arms wildly all alone in a broken-down lobby with no audience, surrounded by broken tiles dangling from the ceiling, shattered conrete pillars and bare plumbing pipes.

"Libya wants glory, Libya wants to be at the pinnacle, at the pinnacle of the world," he proclaimed, pounding his fist on the podium. "I am a fighter, a revolutionary from tents ... I will die as a martyr at the end," he said, vowing to fight "to my last drop of blood."

Libya: Gadhafi vows to fight on, die a martyr - Yahoo! News

I don't know if I buy this, Saddam said the same thing and he ended up going with US Forces without a fight. These dictators only care about themselves and will not martyr themselves for anything.

CAIRO – Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi vowed to fight on to his "last drop of blood" and roared at his supporters to take to the streets against protesters demanding his ouster, shouting and pounding his fist in a furious speech Tuesday after two nights of a bloody crackdown in the capital trying to crush the uprising that has fragmented his regime.

It was the second time Gadhafi has appeared during the week of upheaval across his country. Swathed in brown robes and a turban, he spoke on state TV from behind a podium in the entrance of his bombed-out Tripoli residence hit by U.S. airstrikes in the 1980s and left unrepaired as a monument of defiance.

At times the camera panned back to show a towering monument of a gold-colored fist crushing an American fighter jet, outside the building. But at the same time, the view gave a surreal image of the Libyan leader, shouting and waving his arms wildly all alone in a broken-down lobby with no audience, surrounded by broken tiles dangling from the ceiling, shattered conrete pillars and bare plumbing pipes.

"Libya wants glory, Libya wants to be at the pinnacle, at the pinnacle of the world," he proclaimed, pounding his fist on the podium. "I am a fighter, a revolutionary from tents ... I will die as a martyr at the end," he said, vowing to fight "to my last drop of blood."

on the other hand

it's gaddafi!

on the other hand

it's gaddafi!

I still don't buy it, hes not the one out there on the streets fighting the protestors. If it comes to it he will be on a beach in Venezuela with several Latinas in skimpy bikinis before he stands trial in Libya for human rights violations.

Last edited:
He's a nutjob and he'll do anything to hang onto power.
He's sending strike aircraft and helicopters against his own people FFS!!!

His own diplomats and beauracrats are abandoning him.
It will need the army to turn against him before it stops.
I just hope they do it soon.

What a disaster for Libya that bloke is!

Meanwhile, in Egypt, the Muslim Brotherhood is positioning itself to lead an 'Islamic Democracy'. For anyone who does not see the problem with that, I pity you.

These movements are apparently being driven by a popular uprising of young people.
They're demanding representation, freedoms and democracy and have seemingly achieved what they wanted up to date.

This can't be good news for the Islamic fundamentalists such as Al Qaeda(and allegedly the Brotherhood) who need dis-satisfaction with the staus quo to garner support from the population - why would people turn to the fundamentalists that only promise more repression when they are currently so full of hope and expectation, and have already seen the result of embracing an 'Islamic revolution' in places like Iran and Afghanistan.

Despite what we might think, the people in the Middle East and North Africa aren't all sheep, mindlessly following the imams to martyrdom and paradise - they're people.
They've bravely stood up for what they think they deserve - now that they have it, why would they allow it to be taken from them?

That's my hope anyway.

He's a nutjob and he'll do anything to hang onto power.
He's sending strike aircraft and helicopters against his own people FFS!!!

His own diplomats and beauracrats are abandoning him.
It will need the army to turn against him before it stops.
I just hope they do it soon.

What a disaster for Libya that bloke is!

Saddam did the same thing when the Kurds and Shites had an uprising after the Gulf War in 91, Ghaddafi is cut from the same cloth so I expect no less from him.

Ghaddafi has hired Black African Mercenaries to fight for him.

In 2008, Libyan strongman Muammar Gaddafi invited 200 kings and traditional rulers from sub-Saharan, mainly non-Arab Africa to witness his crowning of as the continent's "King of Kings." Currently, however, his links to sub-Saharan Africa are more violently mercenary than wackily ceremonial as consistent reports emerge that he is using fighters from that region to quell the nationwide uprising against his regime.

Videos and photographs have surfaced on YouTube and other websites of columns of uniformed black African soldiers driving in jeeps through Tripoli and patrolling the streets of the Libyan capital. Other videos show the bodies of several dead, black African men killed by the protestors, including the corpses of two men being paraded on the hood of a car and driven through a crowd of demonstrators in al-Baida. Another video shows a black African man, who has been caught by the demonstrators, being hit and punched. A protestor asks: "Who is giving you orders?" The man replies: "They come from up high. I swear, I swear...orders, orders." The protestor asks: "They told you to fire at us"? The man replies: "Yes, yes."

Read more: Muammar Gaddafi's Delusions of African Grandeur - TIME

I am worried the Libyans will take out their wrath on the Africans living in Libya since Ghaddafi is using African mercenaries to hurt the Libyan people.

dead-africa-mercenaries1.jpg

tplf-mercenaires-in-libya-480x295.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTqCAOsUsMY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTqCAOsUsMY[/ame]

(At 0:36)

Shaykh Qaradawi said:
أنا أفتي الضباط والجنود الذين يستطيعون أن يقتلوا معمر القذافي: من استطاع منهم أن يطلق رصاصة عليه، ويريح البلاد والعباد منه فليفعل

"I [issue a fatwa to] the officers and soldiers who are able to kill Mu'ammar al-Gaddafi: Whoever of them is able to shoot a bullet at him and relieve the country and the people, let him do it."

A 2009 readers' poll in Foreign Policy ranked the Shaykh 3rd on a list of "The World’s Top 20 Public Intellectuals":

The World

Last edited:
Libya Protests: Gaddafi Forces Strike Back At Revolt Near Tripoli

r-LIBYA-PROTESTS-large570.jpg

BENGHAZI, Libya — Leader Moammar Gadhafi says al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden is behind the uprising in Libya and al-Qaida followers give young Libyans hallucinogenic pills in their coffee to get them to revolt.

Gadhafi has made the comments in a phone call to Libyan state TV Thursday, expressing condolences for deaths in the city of Zawiya but chiding its residents for joining the rebellion.

He says those revolting are "loyal to bin Laden ... This is al-Qaida that the whole world is fighting."

He says al-Qaida militants are "exploiting" teenagers, giving them "hallucinogenic pills in their coffee with milk, like Nescafe."

Witnesses said 10 people were killed when pro-Gadhafi forces attacked opponents at a mosque in Zawiya, east of Tripoli.

BENGHAZI, Libya — Leader Moammar Gadhafi says al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden is behind the uprising in Libya and al-Qaida followers give young Libyans hallucinogenic pills in their coffee to get them to revolt.

Gadhafi has made the comments in a phone call to Libyan state TV Thursday, expressing condolences for deaths in the city of Zawiya but chiding its residents for joining the rebellion.

He says those revolting are "loyal to bin Laden ... This is al-Qaida that the whole world is fighting."

He says al-Qaida militants are "exploiting" teenagers, giving them "hallucinogenic pills in their coffee with milk, like Nescafe."

Witnesses said 10 people were killed when pro-Gadhafi forces attacked opponents at a mosque in Zawiya, east of Tripoli.

Oh, then, in that case what else was Gaddafi to do?
Clearly his response to the protestors has been entirely reasonable.

Asking fighter pilots to bomb unarmed protestors in reasonable? having hired guns from Africa kill his own people in reasonable? really?

Asking fighter pilots to bomb unarmed protestors in reasonable? having hired guns from Africa kill his own people in reasonable? really?

They were drinking Nescafe coffee...there was no way of reasoning with them.

Forum List

Back