Unreasonable Search...

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
I got into this discussion with another member of this site about what is unreasonable. I did not know how to answer this completely but I wonder if the people who wrote that meant a search without a reason or a reason not pertaining to the cause of the search.

Does anyone have an originalist POV on this?

i dont believe in giving the police more powers than necessary..todays society is now externally contained more and more....calling for more extreme measures by the "government" to control the populas...no knock laws should never be allowed....i am not for a national id cards...some day we will have chips to id us...just like the domestic companions

It means what it says, one must have some "reasonable" reason to detain and search. The "reasonable" part is up to the Laws and the Courts to work out.

See the 4th amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

That's why you never give them permission to search you and let them if they're going to do it. That way you can get it thrown out and get them in trouble.

Forum List

Back