Unprecedented USA Student Loan Debt

Not to worry. There are other countries who are investing in US students.

10712969_932027690141543_7940467894914647290_n.jpg

Awesome. Now we can send all the people who don't want to pay for their own education to countries which will give free university education to Americans.

We don't need to do anything now. Debate over. Go to Brazil.

American college students have run up a mere 1.2 trillion dollars in loan debts!

So what? Just a mere drop in the bucket in liberals' efforts to create a state of dependency upon government. And, they want Obama to bail those poor students out. Why should they assume responsibility for themselves now?

The 18 sobering facts about this subject are @ 18 Sobering Facts About The Unprecedented Student Loan Debt Crisis In The United States

You racists only what they tell you on Fox. - so pathetically stupid.

Just to point out... Investing in education is one of the best investments a government can do...

It pays back at a 9 to 1 ratio...

Education is the best option for a young person by far... it not only increases the earning potential of the person but a more educated society is always always always better off. Less people making low wages and overqualified for those jobs.

Awesome. Now we can send all the people who don't want to pay for their own education to countries which will give free university education to Americans.

Actually this is a great idea!!
We protect them with our military at a great cost, which enables them to not have to spend $billions on a military - in return every American child has their choice of any European school to attend for free - including room and board.
Great Idea!!

Gladly, to get away from shyt heads such as yourself..

The Education system should be the same today to cover the budget but everybody should be able to loan the full cost of their education from Federal Student Aid. Today you can loan max 129000 dollar or something if you are graduate or professional, that should cover up all cost for peoples education.

The state should support stipendium as today to also cover people's eduaction.
What kind of school taught you?

You don't know the difference between loan and borrow.

Is this post an ESL exercise?

If one doesn't go to college then how is one to avoid working for low wages for some idiot business owner for two years?

I know plenty of people who have avoided it. I guess they are just that much smarter than you.
Business owners are idiots?

There are hundreds of thousands of people with HS diplomas earning 6 figures in the oilfield.

Of course, they have to forgo drugs, and show up on time.

I realize that is a tremendous burden to shoulder.

Last edited:
It should be easier for someone to go to school. Why should it be difficult based on the almighty buck?
Most states have a tuition exemption for top grads.

Even primitive Louisiana has one.

My kids NEVER paid the base tuition fee, they had the exemption due every graduate with a B average.

I taught in rural ghetto schools for 25 years.

I have had SCORES of poor kids go on to college and come out with minimal debt if any at all.

I'd say most student loan debt went to non-school things, like partying and tattoos.

Student loan debt issue is another non-issue created to divide.

No education equals lower wages for most. No way for a worker to stick it to their employer. And then they are told they should be thankful for the job. Pathetic.
Question: Do you see life as a game where you "stick it to the man"?

Now, that is pathetic.

Nope but you train yourself to use your skills so you can be mobile and walk away from a job without notice... and find another one quickly. I've done it several times... try it..it is exhilarating.

Bottom line: No students should go to college unless they have a damn good idea how they are going to pay for it. And the realistically-projected level of later income is a major factor, so if you expect to go to work as a Social Worker and will be borrowing most the education costs, you MUST be looking at community colleges and low-cost alternatives.

I would be willing to start financing state school tuitions 100% with tax money PROVIDED that only the top 25% of applicants were eligible, they have to maintain a "B" QPA minimum, and the degree must lead to a job, not personal enlightenment.

Just to point out... Investing in education is one of the best investments a government can do...

Bullshit. The return to university education is very minimal once cognitive ability is controlled for.

Bottom line: No students should go to college unless they have a damn good idea how they are going to pay for it. And the realistically-projected level of later income is a major factor, so if you expect to go to work as a Social Worker and will be borrowing most the education costs, you MUST be looking at community colleges and low-cost alternatives.

I would be willing to start financing state school tuitions 100% with tax money PROVIDED that only the top 25% of applicants were eligible, they have to maintain a "B" QPA minimum, and the degree must lead to a job, not personal enlightenment.

How nice of you to be "willing" to dictate every detail of everyone else's life, comrade.

Bullshit. The return to university education is very minimal once cognitive ability is controlled for.

Well we just used science to get our answer in Ireland and you used figures pulled out of your ass... Well it would explain why Ireland is being a choice location for many countries around the world to set up.
My town is medical devices makers and we rely on a consistent supply of educated workforce... Only an idiot thinks having an uneducated workforce is good for the economy.

Nice to see that Hitler here has his day of enlightenment.

Are these people who are commenting about education got any?

The so called fiscal conservatives here are all about not leaving their kids in debt except when is comes to education where they want to leave their kids in debt.

While the rest of the first world wants their best and brightest taking the best courses, they want there best and brightest to take courses they can afford while the less best and brightest with daddy's money can do what their daddy pays for...

So if you're poor now and you work hard, you can stay poor. So much for land of opportunity, the US has become much harder to come out of poverty than other first world countries.
Economist s View Stiglitz America is No Longer a Land of Opportunity
They support the rich getting richer and keeping the poor down.

Forum List

Back