UNPRECEDENTED: Sen Shelby is placing a hold on ALL Nominees FOR WHAT? TO GET PORK!

This is from last year at this time:

"Senator Richard Shelby, an outspoken critic of President Obama's stimulus plan, a constant critic of an automobile industry bailout, and a continual loudspeaker criticizing Democrats as liberal spenders doesn't seem to have a problem increasing the budget as long as it's with his own earmarks.

'For solo earmarks, nobody beat out Sen. Bob Byrd (D-W.Va.), last year's appropriations committee chairman.

The defender of earmarks took home $123 million. Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) came in second, with $114 million. Sen. Kit Bond (R-Mo.) rounded out the top three, bringing home $86 million by himself."

OINK OINK!

Last edited:
We Give Senator Richard Shelby’s Blanket Hold on Federal Nominees the Catchy Name It Requires

20100205_shelby_560x375.jpg

"When Democratic senator Ben Nelson made a deal for the federal government to forever pay for Nebraska's expanded Medicaid program in exchange for his vote on health-care reform, Republicans gleefully referred to the agreement as the "Cornhusker Kickback." When Democratic senator Mary Landrieu secured $300 million in Medicaid payments for Louisiana in exchange for her support for the bill, it was deemed the "Louisiana Purchase." Now Republican senator Richard Shelby of Alabama has single-handedly held up the confirmations of 70 federal nominees with something called a "blanket hold." It's a move we humbly propose become forever known as ... the Cotton State Cockblock.
Didn't I see these very same posters that are applauding Shelby calling Landrieu and Nelson out?

And they pretend they are non-partisan.

:lol:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!

Well well well....looks like the picture is getting clearer now. Airbus/Northrop Grumman would have brought hi tech jobs to Alabama....Democrats are favoring Boeing, even pressuring the Pentagon to pick Boeing, and Boeing is in Chicago and Seattle...Hmmmmmmmm.

Behind The Shelby Holds: He Thinks Obama's White House Is Biased Against Alabama | TPMDC

And what exactly is your point here?

When Republicans are in the majority, the sweet contracts go to their districts and when Democrats are in the majority, the sweet contracts go to their districts.

It shouldn't work that way, but it does.

The Republicans used many times the amount of pork during their rule of congress than the Democrats are currently using.

It's just too damn bad for the Republican Senator from Alabama. I'm sure he was able to bring home plenty of bacon to his state during the 2003-2006 Republican Pork-Fest.

He's just going to have to deal with disappointment for a while until another Republican Congress happens. I'm sure they'll throw plenty of defense contracts and other pork his way. Republicans sure seem to love their Pork.

We Give Senator Richard Shelby’s Blanket Hold on Federal Nominees the Catchy Name It Requires

"When Democratic senator Ben Nelson made a deal for the federal government to forever pay for Nebraska's expanded Medicaid program in exchange for his vote on health-care reform, Republicans gleefully referred to the agreement as the "Cornhusker Kickback." When Democratic senator Mary Landrieu secured $300 million in Medicaid payments for Louisiana in exchange for her support for the bill, it was deemed the "Louisiana Purchase." Now Republican senator Richard Shelby of Alabama has single-handedly held up the confirmations of 70 federal nominees with something called a "blanket hold." It's a move we humbly propose become forever known as ... the Cotton State Cockblock.

ROFL!

The Cotton State Cockblock.

Oh that's rich.

ROFL!

The Cotton State Cockblock.

Oh that's rich.

It is?

:cuckoo:

It's actually rather insipid.

When Republicans are in the majority, the sweet contracts go to their districts and when Democrats are in the majority, the sweet contracts go to their districts.

So what's your point?

My point is that the normal back and forth of government contracts from one district to another, is no reason to do something as utterly stupid as this jackass is doing.

If he waits a couple of years, I'm sure he'll get his share of sweet contracts for his special interests.

So what's your point?

My point is that the normal back and forth of government contracts from one district to another, is no reason to do something as utterly stupid as this jackass is doing.

If he waits a couple of years, I'm sure he'll get his share of sweet contracts for his special interests.

Perhaps Shelby knows something that we or Glen Beck doesn't.

Oh Alabama
The devil fools
with the best laid plan.
Swing low Alabama
You got spare change
You got to feel strange
And now the moment
is all that it meant.

Alabama, you got
the weight on your shoulders
That's breaking your back.
Your Cadillac
has got a wheel in the ditch
And a wheel on the track

Oh Alabama
Banjos playing
through the broken glass
Windows down in Alabama.
See the old folks
tied in white ropes
Hear the banjo.
Don't it take you down home?

Alabama, you got
the weight on your shoulders
That's breaking your back.
Your Cadillac
has got a wheel in the ditch
And a wheel on the track

Oh Alabama.
Can I see you
and shake your hand.
Make friends down in Alabama.
I'm from a new land
I come to you
and see all this ruin
What are you doing Alabama?
You got the rest of the union
to help you along
What's going wrong?

Though a Shelby spokesperson would not confirm that these programs were behind the blanket hold
This is for a certain Pateking dipshit who maintained this throughout the thread (even after Shelby's office HAD confirmed it.)

An yupdate:

"The purpose of placing numerous holds was to get the White House's attention on two issues that are critical to our national security -- the Air Force's aerial refueling tanker acquisition and the FBI's Terrorist Device Analytical Center (TEDAC)," Shelby's office said in a statement."

Yup yup.

Furthermore:

"With that accomplished, Sen. Shelby has decided to release his holds on all but a few nominees directly related to the Air Force tanker acquisition."

The White House said that it agreed to none of Shelby's demands, and that the senator released the holds on his own accord.

Furthermore:

"With that accomplished, Sen. Shelby has decided to release his holds on all but a few nominees directly related to the Air Force tanker acquisition."

The White House said that it agreed to none of Shelby's demands, and that the senator released the holds on his own accord.

See, good for him! :clap2:

I guess even Shelby saw how crazy he was being.

Though a Shelby spokesperson would not confirm that these programs were behind the blanket hold
This is for a certain Pateking dipshit who maintained this throughout the thread (even after Shelby's office HAD confirmed it.)

An yupdate:

"The purpose of placing numerous holds was to get the White House's attention on two issues that are critical to our national security -- the Air Force's aerial refueling tanker acquisition and the FBI's Terrorist Device Analytical Center (TEDAC)," Shelby's office said in a statement."

Yup yup.

Look at the date you stupid fucking dipshit!!!! All the while you refused to admit you were WRONG about Shelby's intentions....You see asswipe? I was right...you COULD NOT find a direct quote from Shelby's office until SHELBY'S OFFICE MADE ONE 3 DAYS LATER AFTER your piss poor assumptions were shot full of holes!!!! :lol:

then....what do we have here!!!!!

The Air Force tanker acquisition is not an 'earmark' as has been reported; it is a competition to replace the Air Force's aging aerial refueling tanker fleet.

Yup yup.....more patent dishonesty from paperass...

Keep trying though...eventually you'll have some credibility here....maybe.....NOT!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back