UNPRECEDENTED: Sen Shelby is placing a hold on ALL Nominees FOR WHAT? TO GET PORK!

paperview

Life is Good
Jul 27, 2009
the road less traveled
This disgusts me.
Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) on Thursday placed a blanket hold on all of President Barack Obama's nominees before the Senate, according to his spokesman.

Shelby's holds mean that the Senate cannot vote on a nominee unless the hold is broken using a cloture vote that requires 60 senators or if the senator lifts the hold.
Sen. Shelby puts hold on all Obama nominees - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Foul piece of shit senator.

Using extortion to get his Piggy Piggy PORK.

The Tanker issue is a huge split in the military-industrail world, both sides of this have been going at it for some time, what it comes down too is thousands of jobs for the state that gets the contract.

Its not pork at all, its a battle over the way contractors get defense money.

This one is way deeper than merely an issue of pork.
Please explain.
Sure.

About a year ago, a consortium of Airbus and Northrop/Grumman won the bid process to build the Air Force's new aerial tanker. Boeing, a bunch of their lobbyists and a slew of ignoramus economic populists cried foul. So, in direct violation of the bid process, the winning bid was thrown out and Boeing was given another shot at it.

That Shelby is mad over jobs in his state at Northrop/Grumman being put on hold, if not lost altogether, is quite understandable.

Please explain.
Sure.

About a year ago, a consortium of Airbus and Northrop/Grumman won the bid process to build the Air Force's new aerial tanker. Boeing, a bunch of their lobbyists and a slew of ignoramus economic populists cried foul. So, in direct violation of the bid process, the winning bid was thrown out and Boeing was given another shot at it.

That Shelby is mad over jobs in his state at Northrop/Grumman being put on hold, if not lost altogether, is quite understandable.
I'm sorry. I call that a crap reason to hold nominees ransom for Alabama earmarks.

No matter how it is spun, that's what it comes down to.

I do thank you for your explanation of how you see it though.

The Tanker issue is a huge split in the military-industrail world, both sides of this have been going at it for some time, what it comes down too is thousands of jobs for the state that gets the contract.

Its not pork at all, its a battle over the way contractors get defense money.

Pork is pork.

Please explain.
Sure.

Yes but pork is pork. Or is this an earmark?

Crap, earmarks and pork nothing...Airbus/Northrop/Grumman won the bid to produce something to serve in one of the few actually legitimate functions of the federal gubmint.

You're going to get this when the previously agreed upon rules of the process are thrown out by fiat.

Please explain.
Sure.

I'm sorry. I call that a crap reason to hold nominees ransom for Alabama earmarks.

No matter how it is spun, that's what it comes down to.

I do thank you for your explanation of how you see it though.

Getting Sen. Landrieu's vote for the Health Care bill by offering her state 300,000,000 was pretty damn cheesey, too. The point? The process has gotten corrupted.

Sure, it's not a new thing.

But at least Shelby is doing his thing to register a valid protest that procedures (designed for fairness, in theory anyway) should NOT be tossed aside for such cheap political reasons. And when it happens, the folks doing it should expect consequences in like measure.

IF it forces this Administration to stop handling all "obstacles" like a bull "handles" the wares in a china shop, maybe Shelby's behavior has some merit.

"DICK Shelby has placed a hold on 70 nominees for the Obama Administration as ransom for over $40 BILLION in pet military PORK projects for his home state of Alabama.

This sort of "blanket hold" on nominees is unprecedented and highly unusual. This is a man who constantly mouths off about PORK spending and EARMARKS,
yet he is single handedly OBSTRUCTING the Senate's process as a means of extortion for his pet PORK from US THE TAX PAYER! It will require 60 votes for EACH nominee to be released from the hold. This will clog up the Senate floor for more important legislation like a JOBS BILL! Good Job!" -iReport

Crap, earmarks and pork nothing...Airbus/Northrop/Grumman won the bid to produce something to serve in one of the few actually legitimate functions of the federal gubmint.

You're going to get this when the previously agreed upon rules of the process are thrown out by fiat.
There is going to be some fight over this.

You can bet though that its more then just the contract, the goP had to suck on it while Barry passed a number of questionable apointees into the gov, now they have a say again.

These are critical positions needed to be filled, some for our national security, and that asshole Shelby is holding them all up for his fat piggy porky FEED-ME-ME-ME fest.

He was low before. I didn't think this rat fuck of a senator could get any lower.

But the snake has proven yet again there are simply no limits to his level of putrid level of lowness.

Be happy Brownbaggers. This is the change Your man brought.

Imagine the change once he actually gets seated.

The gov actually has to take all opinions into account again and cannot rule by fiat anymore.

I'm digging it.

The White House reaction involves the implicit "threat" that the President may resort to "recess" appoinments.

Remember, these are only "bad" when President Boooooosh resorted to them or threatened to.

Forum List

Back