"Unprecedented in the history of the Medicare program"

Higher out of pocket cost is definitely the key player in the reduction of healthcare spending.

Who is paying more? I'm not. I'm paying less. I've gotten two refund checks from my insurance company. Why haven't you? For that matter, why is it that all the rw's are paying more while the libs are paying less?

Makes one wonder, doesn't it?

That works great providing you don't get sick and you don't need one of those procedures that they are not going to pay for in the future.

What procedures are those?

In fact, health care providers tend to do more tests and more procedures for the insured.

Considering how many doctors are opting not to see Medicare patients, a drop in costs is more likely linked to lack of supply, and Obamacare will make that situation worse.

That's odd. I live in a retirement community of 31,000 people, which will not even allow anyone under 55 to live here, and we are seperated from a major metropolitian area by 40 miles of desert. Yet, I have many choices of doctors in the community, all contracted by three different Medicare Advantage plans that I can choose from. I was in Urgent Care last week, and my wait was 15 minutes. I am covered by Medicare Advantage, and though I am reading on this thread that proceedure denials are increasing, I find the oppoisite to be true. I have never had a proceedure recommended by my Primary care physicain denied by Medicare or the Advantage plans. I find myself declinng services they want to provide for me (for excmple, I am diabetic, and they want to send me down every year to buy a new pair of $500 diabetic shoes that I don't need). In short, you guys who are parroting all this crap from AM talk radio don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Most doctors love Medicare for the same reason they love ObamaCare - they don'thave to chase patients to get paid.

Was at a get-together with friends who were saying the same thing you said - they dropped their insurance because Medicare is all they need.

Considering how many doctors are opting not to see Medicare patients, a drop in costs is more likely linked to lack of supply, and Obamacare will make that situation worse.

That's odd. I live in a retirement community of 31,000 people, which will not even allow anyone under 55 to live here, and we are seperated from a major metropolitian area by 40 miles of desert. Yet, I have many choices of doctors in the community, all contracted by three different Medicare Advantage plans that I can choose from. I was in Urgent Care last week, and my wait was 15 minutes. I am covered by Medicare Advantage, and though I am reading on this thread that proceedure denials are increasing, I find the oppoisite to be true. I have never had a proceedure recommended by my Primary care physicain denied by Medicare or the Advantage plans. I find myself declinng services they want to provide for me (for excmple, I am diabetic, and they want to send me down every year to buy a new pair of $500 diabetic shoes that I don't need). In short, you guys who are parroting all this crap from AM talk radio don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Most doctors love Medicare for the same reason they love ObamaCare - they don'thave to chase patients to get paid.

Was at a get-together with friends who were saying the same thing you said - they dropped their insurance because Medicare is all they need.

Sure they do. Who doesn't want to be on the gravy train?

Don't know if you mean the doctors who work for a living or the seniors who paid into Medicare coverage and still have to pay a co-pay in addition.

Whatever, please stop spewing the same ole uninformed crap.

Thanks.

Don't know if you mean the doctors who work for a living or the seniors who paid into Medicare coverage and still have to pay a co-pay in addition.

I mean that the notion that corporatist healthcare will be bad for doctors is nonsense. The whole point of PPACA is too keep the vested interests of the healthcare industry in tall cotton.

Forum List

Back