Unpatriotic, Anti American.

Superlative

Mar 13, 2007
If you have the time and patience please feel free to read this.

It is my belief, feel free to attack or praise it.

What’s with “Unpatriotic” “Anti America”

This is a term thrown around by US citizens in a negative way toward citizens expressing their rights in a Democratic society.

If Australians or Italians fought against government policies they didn’t believe in, are they being Anti Australian or Anti Italian?

No, they are standing up for what they believe in as Australians and Italians.

This is what Democracy is all about.

In America people who fight for what they believe in and feel is right is some how construed as Unpatriotic.

Americans have the freedom and the right to disagree with the people elected into power, because that’s what Democracy is.

How is it “Anti American” to exercise the very right we are fighting for in Iraq?

How is it fair for the government to use the populous as pawns in a political battle?

Does anyone see that there are people dying on BOTH sides?

Democrats and Republicans are too busy with their political bullshit to seriously address the problem and work quickly to find a solution.

Too busy spinning the issues to attract some kind of insane favoritism in the polls.

Everyone is so distracted with an issue that has been fabricated and framed.

The actual problem is not being addressed, and if it is, it’s being dealt with so slowly and so lightly it makes the public feel that it really isn’t all that important an issue to our elected officials, we are somehow expected to go on with our daily lives and be patient and mind our own business when it comes to politics we arent meant to understand.

Both sides are guilty in this, I don’t care your stance, a resolution or plan of action is absolutely a necessity, and the people we elected, the people we entrusted with this job, are dicking around. Going on holidays and conventions, holding press conferences as a means of communication, instead of talking and working toward resolving this, its been months what have they accomplished?

Nothing.

Going back a few years

I don’t remember ANY outcry from the Iraqi people to be “rescued” from Saddam, I don’t remember anyone from Iraq going before the World Court requesting intervention from another country to remove Saddam.

Our elected officials, our Democratically elected officials invaded another country without probable cause, all based on the fear and assumptions generated by 9/11, which they used to manipulate and then fed us through constant political propagandist repetition.

I can say this confidently now that the facts are coming to light,

that all evidence for the invasion presented by our elected government wasn’t thoroughly investigated beyond all reasonable doubt as to its validity.

And yet here we are, arguing about whether to stay or abandon our occupation of another country.

WE started this, we all did, every American, when we went along so blindly and unquestioningly with what our Democratically Elected officials told us.

Our media is responsible for not taking varied standpoints on anything, they stepped in line to the drum beat of war amplifying fears and subsequently silencing any voices of dissent, and “WE” the bewildered herd obediently fell into step, repeating what they told us, screaming about terrorists and mushroom clouds, and buying duct tape.

And anyone who raised a question was immediately singled out and labeled “Anti American” for not following our leader in a time of war.

A climate of war that was manufactured from the top down.

Instead of calling for a peaceful investigation The reaction of our government officials was to fabricate a casefor war on pre-selected targets, of obvious strategic economical and political value.

Anyone who didn’t buy the hype and propaganda the media so readily delivered was somehow “unpatriotic” in asking for more proof, and evidence in favor of what the government was proposing.

The United States of America invaded another country! Again, under the guise of spreading Peace and Democracy.

To this day, at least 65,000 people or more from that country have died.

And all we are arguing about is whether to stay and fix the situation we have created, or to leave.

What is wrong with that?

Can anyone even fathom that kind of situation here in America? Can anyone imagine 65,000 American citizens dying at the hands of an invading force?

And the fact that Americans speak out against this is some how “Unpatriotic” and “Anti American”

Are we War Mongers?

A society that feeds off the blood and suffering of others in the search of self righteous Democracy? Playing it off like it doesn’t effect any of us? It appears that as long as it’s not on American soil that’s all that matters?

Are we so far removed from the real world that what the US has done could not possibly be considered wrong by anyone other than “Unpatriotic Anti Americans”?

We support our troops for doing what they were told. As we should.

But we never questioned what they were being told, That is everyone's fault, those voices were silenced and chastised as "Unpatriotic".

We were all swept up and hurried along in making the decision for war, because too much time and not enough fear would make ANY rational person question the reasons, motives, and consequences of something as incredibly significant as going to war.

This may come across as self righteous and you can argue with me and have your opinions freely expressed and heard, but you must ask yourself one thing;

Without the government and the media scaring everyone, would we be in this situation?

If everyone wasn’t so brainwashed into thinking that tomorrow or next week we will be attacked by a people we knew literally nothing about and have no understanding of, would we be where we are today?

Pettily Arguing whether or not to clean up a mess we created?

WE all have a guilty hand in this because we all willingly sat by and so obediently allowed the people we elected into power to do what they pleased, we freely let the fear they fed us to overcome reason.

It is ridiculous to me that those who rationally questioned motives were called “Unpatriotic and Anti American”, that is insane.

It is insane to me that the suppression of these voices is not viewed as “Unpatriotic” it stands against everything America has fought and died for in the past, which in my eyes, makes all the voices silencing the dissent “Anti American”

Republican Conservatives hide behind the hollowly constructed wall of patriotism to rally the population behind whatever cause has been so carefully selected.

I take this from the Daily Show - What if the Democrats renamed the Time tables and dates for withdrawal - “Freedom Deadlines” or “Patriot dates” even “Glory Goals” What patriotic American wouldn’t stand behind a “Glory Goal” - John Stewart.

When you argue in favor of the war, you argue in favor of fear and government policy, you argue and hide behind the infallible patriotic protection of America.

How is it unpatriotic to argue against Occupation and Invasion, arguing against death?

How is it Unpatriotic in arguing for accountability?

How is it unpatriotic to demand rational leadership?

How is it unpatriotic to demand a plan of action in regards to a situation that has spun out of control beyond anything anyone has ever imagined?

The Left and Right have polarized the issues and bogged down the public minds and American society, all but halting all progress in our democratic government.

No one should be arguing the validity of Politically framed “surrender dates”, no one should be arguing “patriotism”.

We should be standing up and demanding resolution from the people we democratically chose to make these decisions.

I agree completely.

I find the charges of anti-Americanism from the right to be the worst sort of slander. They spit on the very freedoms that our forefathers fought and died to establish and protect. They value party and president over country and I think that is, in itself, despicable if not treasonous behavior.

This is a term thrown around by US citizens in a negative way toward citizens expressing their rights in a Democratic society.

If Australians or Italians fought against government policies they didn’t believe in, are they being Anti Australian or Anti Italian?

In America people who fight for what they believe in and feel is right is some how construed as Unpatriotic.

Americans have the freedom and the right to disagree with the people elected into power, because that’s what Democracy is.

How is it “Anti American” to exercise the very right we are fighting for in Iraq?

How is it fair for the government to use the populous as pawns in a political battle?

Democrats and Republicans are too busy with their political bullshit to seriously address the problem and work quickly to find a solution.

Too busy spinning the issues to attract some kind of insane favoritism in the polls.

The actual problem is not being addressed, and if it is, it’s being dealt with so slowly and so lightly it makes the public feel that it really isn’t all that important an issue to our elected officials, we are somehow expected to go on with our daily lives and be patient and mind our own business when it comes to politics we arent meant to understand.

Both sides are guilty in this, I don’t care your stance, a resolution or plan of action is absolutely a necessity, and the people we elected, the people we entrusted with this job, are dicking around. Going on holidays and conventions, holding press conferences as a means of communication, instead of talking and working toward resolving this, its been months what have they accomplished?

Nothing.

Going back a few years

I don’t remember ANY outcry from the Iraqi people to be “rescued” from Saddam, I don’t remember anyone from Iraq going before the World Court requesting intervention from another country to remove Saddam.

Our elected officials, our Democratically elected officials invaded another country without probable cause, all based on the fear and assumptions generated by 9/11, which they used to manipulate and then fed us through constant political propagandist repetition.

that all evidence for the invasion presented by our elected government wasn’t thoroughly investigated beyond all reasonable doubt as to its validity.

And yet here we are, arguing about whether to stay or abandon our occupation of another country.

WE started this, we all did, every American, when we went along so blindly and unquestioningly with what our Democratically Elected officials told us.

Our media is responsible for not taking varied standpoints on anything, they stepped in line to the drum beat of war amplifying fears and subsequently silencing any voices of dissent, and “WE” the bewildered herd obediently fell into step, repeating what they told us, screaming about terrorists and mushroom clouds, and buying duct tape.

And anyone who raised a question was immediately singled out and labeled “Anti American” for not following our leader in a time of war.

Instead of calling for a peaceful investigation The reaction of our government officials was to fabricate a casefor war on pre-selected targets, of obvious strategic economical and political value.

Anyone who didn’t buy the hype and propaganda the media so readily delivered was somehow “unpatriotic” in asking for more proof, and evidence in favor of what the government was proposing.

The United States of America invaded another country! Again, under the giuse of spreading Peace and Democracy.

And all we are arguing about is whether to stay and fix the situation we have created, or to leave.

What is wrong with that?

Can anyone even fathom that kind of situation here in America? Can anyone imagine 65,000 American citizens dying at the hands of an invading force?

And the fact that Americans speak out against this is some how “Unpatriotic” and “Anti American”

Are we War Mongers?

A society that feeds off the blood and suffering of others in the search of self righteous Democracy? Playing it off like it doesn’t effect any of us? It appears that as long as it’s not on American soil that’s all that matters?

Are we so far removed from the real world that what the US has done could not possibly be considered wrong by anyone other than “Unpatriotic Anti Americans”?

But we never questioned what they were being told, That is everyone fault, those voices were silenced and chastised as "Unpatriotic".

We were all swept up and hurried along in making the decision for war, because too much time and not enough fear would make ANY rational person question the reasons, motives, and consequences of something as incredibly significant as going to war.

This may come across as self righteous and you can argue with me and have your opinions freely expressed and heard, but you must ask yourself one thing;

Without the government and the media scaring everyone, would we be in this situation?

If everyone wasn’t so brainwashed into thinking that tomorrow or next week we will be attacked by a people we knew literally nothing about and have no understanding of, would we be where we are today?

WE all have a guilty hand in this because we all willingly sat by and so obediently allowed the people we elected into power to do what they pleased, we freely let the fear they fed us to overcome reason.

It is ridiculous to me that those who rationally questioned motives were called “Unpatriotic and Anti American”, that is insane.

It is insane to me that the suppression of these voices is not viewed as “Unpatriotic” it stands against everything America has fought and died for in the past, which in my eyes, makes all the voices silencing the dissent “Anti American”

Republican Conservatives hide behind the hollowly constructed wall of patriotism to rally the population behind whatever cause has been so carefully selected.

I take this from the Daily Show - What if the Democrats renamed the Time tables and dates for withdrawal - “Freedom Deadlines” or “Patriot dates” even “Glory Goals” What patriotic American wouldn’t stand behind a “Glory Goal” - John Stewart.

When you argue in favor of the war, you argue in favor of fear and government policy, you argue and hide behind the infallible patriotic protection of America.

How is it unpatriotic to argue against Occupation and Invasion, arguing against death?

How is it unpatriotic to demand a plan of action in regards to a situation that has spun out of control beyond anything anyone has ever imagined?

The Left and Right have polarized the issues and bogged down the public minds and American society, all but halting all progress in our democratic government.

No one should be arguing the validity of Politically framed “surrender dates”, no one should be arguing “patriotism”.

We should be standing up and demanding resolution from the people we democratically chose to make these decisions.

The fact is, whether or not you consider it exercising your right to free speech, some stances are self-evidently defined as "unpatriotic" and "unAmerican."

If you feel strongly enough that you are correct in your beliefs, then those labels should not bother you, nor should you be looking to call them something other than what they are for the stigma those labels carry.

If I have the balls to believe it and say it, you damned sure won't see me running from being accused of it.

I agree completely.

I find the charges of anti-Americanism from the right to be the worst sort of slander. They spit on the very freedoms that our forefathers fought and died to establish and protect. They value party and president over country and I think that is, in itself, despicable if not treasonous behavior.

Not to be confused with actual, unAmerican and/or unpatriotic beliefs and/or behavior. There ARE such things.

I agree that using the terms as a baseless personal attack are nothing but slander, and more often than not, a feeble attempt to hide the lack of an argument.

If I have the balls to believe it and say it, you damned sure won't see me running from being accused of it.

I have the balls to say that I disagree with the path this president is taking us....I will not RUN from being accused of treason for that remark, I will, instead, stand and strongly object to such a slanderous mischaracterization of my words.

I have the balls to say that I disagree with the path this president is taking us....I will not RUN from being accused of treason for that remark, I will, instead, stand and strongly object to such a slanderous mischaracterization of my words.

I hate to break the news to you, but I do not consider your political POV treasonous at all. I don't always agree with your POV, but I hardly consier it even close to meeting the definition of treason, unAmerican or unpatriotic.

Treason has a specific, no-guesswork definition due to the seriousness of the crime and the punishment involved.

Oh, and as an added note for those who may wish to disagree, treason is a crime against the NATION, not political opposition to a politician and/or political party.

I realize there are some who cannot differentiate between the two, but it's rather obvious.

The fact is, whether or not you consider it exercising your right to free speech, some stances are self-evidently defined as "unpatriotic" and "unAmerican."

If you feel strongly enough that you are correct in your beliefs, then those labels should not bother you, nor should you be looking to call them something other than what they are for the stigma those labels carry.

The political mud has been thrown and doesnt easily wash off.

Its easy to call someone unpatriotic, and Anti American, refuting the statements is pointless, the damage is done.

Americans calling Americans names instead of making things right.

The political mud has been thrown and doesnt easily wash off.

Its easy to call someone unpatriotic, and Anti American, refuting the statements is pointless, the damage is done.

Americans calling Americans names instead of making things right.

I believe if you read my response to maineman, you will see that I differentiate between something actually being unAmerican/unpatriotic, and the terms being used as as baseless political slander.

I will also point out that there are liberal posters on THIS board who use the exact same mud to sling at conservatives for some of their beliefs. It's a two-way street, and it isn't right in either direction.

I hate to break the news to you, but I do not consider your political POV treasonous at all. I don't always agree with your POV, but I hardly consier it even close to meeting the definition of treason, unAmerican or unpatriotic.

Treason has a specific, no-guesswork definition due to the seriousness of the crime and the punishment involved.

I KNOW that YOU don't consider my POV treasonous. I have the utmost respect and admiration for your opinion and your ethics. I don't want you to think that I ever even IMPLIED that you thought otherwise

I believe if you read my response to maineman, you will see that I differentiate between something actually being unAmerican/unpatriotic, and the terms being used as as baseless political slander.

I will also point out that there are liberal posters on THIS board who use the exact same mud to sling at conservatives for some of their beliefs. It's a two-way street, and it isn't right in either direction.

I read it, and I concur.

I stand by my beliefs that people need to work harder to see through the political mess that we are entangled in, the polarising and the mud-slinging, it draws needed attention away from the facts, and the matters at hand.

But politics isnt as interesting unless its full of drama. And thanks to our media, which is more concerned with ratings than issues. it is, and it should not be.

Not to be confused with actual, unAmerican and/or unpatriotic beliefs and/or behavior. There ARE such things.

Yes, and often, those who dog our military and other institutions do, in fact, feel a general hostility toward this country and its traditional people. So I wouldn't get too excited, if I were a liberal, about the "slander" of the unpatriotic charge.

Though I agree that as a policy matter, defending the Iraq war is not a great way to show how "patriotic" you are...

ME: I agree with you

ME: That is not right :mad: , no one should be silenced, regardless of their views. Only when someone threatens violence, which is not what were talking about.

ME: Agreed

ME: It is NOT anti-american

ME: It is not fair, but i wonder if this is a recent thing, or has happened before?

ME: what do you mean people are dying on both sides?

ME: I agree, why is it only cut and run, or stay and let our soldiers be target be used as target practice

ME: Politics is not honest, and thats a problem.

ME: True.

ME: Agreed.

Nothing.

Going back a few years

ME: If they said anything, saddam would kill them.

ME: I disagree here, Iraq violated the terms of the 1991 gulf war surrender. And Numerous agreements, they made with us, pertaining with to the 1991 gulf war.

ME: I cannot speak to what was in bush's heart. I can say it is possible, we the united states may have rushed into a war. I simply dont know, but i think we had probable cause to remove him, bill clinton and other top democrats said we should remove saddam hussein.

ME: With all due respect, why dont we talk about how to win the war, instead of how to lose or quit the war. Im sure their is a way to win a terrorist insurgency. When reagan left lebanon in 1983, it didnt help, and a similar situation would happen, if we left. We owe the iraqi people, better. We created the mess, we are responsible to clean it up.

ME: Very True, bah, i am a sheep :).

ME: True, very true.

ME: I wasn't there, I do not know, if that was the case.

ME: I do not know if that was the case. We must remember, going to war to remove a dictator who killed 300,000 - 400,000 people is not a bad thing, and securing our oil interests is not a bad thing either. In the real world, we have to secure our oil interests.

The United States of America invaded another country! Again, under the giuse of spreading Peace and Democracy.

ME: I disagree. Saddam violated agreement with the u.s., including the final one with us in the u.n., to show us he didnt have weapons of mass destruction. Every country believe saddam had them, so i see no evidence, this was planned.

ME: Yes, but who killed them?. Americans, yes, but al queda, and sunni's and shia too. So dont just blame america

ME: Good point, we owe it to iraq, to fix the problem.

What is wrong with that?

ME: whats wrong is, we wanted peace and democracy, so we shouldnt leave them with terrorism and a worse future.

ME: America doesnt have a history of slitting each other throats like the sunni and shiites do.

ME: Freedom of speech is not unpatriotic and anti american

Are we War Mongers?

ME: no we are not. that is ridiculous, if we were we could just nuke all of iraq, no questions asked. we have made sure more iraqies and americans are killed because we are fighting a politically correct war and not using our air power.

A society that feeds off the blood and suffering of others in the search of self righteous Democracy?

ME: we are not doing that, and we are not self righetous

Playing it off like it doesn’t effect any of us?

ME: it does effect us, we argue on a mesage board :p

It appears that as long as it’s not on American soil that’s all that matters?

ME: we fight there, so we dont fight here. Same for aghanistan, and many other places you dont even know about.

ME: Reasonable people can disagree with you, and not call you unpatriotic. I dont think what the u.s.a. is doing is unpatriotic, and i still consider you a very intelligent, articulate person, who i am glad to call a close friend :)

ME: Good :)

But we never questioned what they were being told, That is everyone fault, those voices were silenced and chastised as "Unpatriotic".

ME: Very good point. Every day in america, we silence people we disagree with, whether its a republican or democrat. Its a politically correct country, and it must stop.

ME: You believe we rushed, I can understand that. I am not sure if that is the case, Hindsight says we did, but what if saddam did have the weapons, their was a report that saddam was planning on getting weapons after the sanctions were lifted.

ME: No, because the media scares us, not only on terrorism but on every issue, to get ratings, they dont care about the truth. They care about ratings. Ratings = money, Scaring people gets rating, my point, you are so right :), where would we be?. I dont know, you tell me?

ME: We are brainwashed, because the government and media dont want us to think for ourselves, they want to think for us, and tell us what to think. If the government schools taught us what to think, instead of telling us what to think, we would challenge the government, with facts, and we would have more common goals. And get more done, instead of fighting for power. We know of muslim history, especially the beginning, 632-636, when they stole palestine, syria, egypt, and other places, how global jihad, against jews, christians and non-muslims has been going on since islam started, and how the crusades were a Defensive war to get back the land stolen by the muslims, and how palestine, is a false creation of the romans, the west bank and gaza, were really, judea and summaria.

ME: We need iraq to help us.

ME: True

ME: He is right, but he is also very biased against conservatives.

ME: I agree, america is like a person, both good and bad, but I think its the most moral, and best country in the world, even with all its fault, it came along way so far :)

ME: I dont consider it an occupation, we had a legal right to invade when saddam doesnt stop violating the agreement, and i am against death, but war is no cupcake :p, and terrorists are assholes, and the iraqis are stupid, and keep killing each other.

ME: its not

ME: I dont know what you mean here

Yes, and often, those who dog our military and other institutions do, in fact, feel a general hostility toward this country and its traditional people. So I wouldn't get too excited, if I were a liberal, about the "slander" of the unpatriotic charge.

Though I agree that as a policy matter, defending the Iraq war is not a great way to show how "patriotic" you are...

Why is black pride a civil right but white pride a federal crime?

Because it is hateful to hate anyone you haven't been told to hate! :rolleyes:

Expressing spontaneous hatred reeks of free-speech and will result in you being hated and accused of racism and/or treason by you more biddable brothers and sisters.

So when your gorge rises and you feel like spitting out "I hate this/these \!/s!!" stop and think; "Is my reasoning/emotion authorised?" If in doubt, check with Big Bubba's media to see what the Christo-capitalist proles are parroting these days.

If still in doubt, see who those with the same religion and skin hue as you hate. :eusa_pray:

Because it is hateful to hate anyone you haven't been told to hate! :rolleyes:

Expressing spontaneous hatred reeks of free-speech and will result in you being hated and accused of racism and/or treason by you more biddable brothers and sisters.

So when your gorge rises and you feel like spitting out "I hate this/these \!/s!!" stop and think; "Is my reasoning/emotion authorised?" If in doubt, check with Big Bubba's media to see what the Christo-capitalist proles are parroting these days.

If still in doubt, see who those with the same religion and skin hue as you hate. :eusa_pray:

I think Chips is unAmerican ....:cool:

I think Chips is unAmerican ....:cool:

Well it’s either that or stand accused by my own conscience of being treasonously un-Strailyun and, worse still, anti-humanity. ;)

PS: I did my bit to stop the American concocted atheistic “Yellow Hordes” from allegedly getting us to labour all day in their rice paddies, while they repeatedly raped Peggy Sue and Bernadine.

Have you seen the elephant yet?

Well it’s either that or stand accused by my own conscience of being treasonously un-Strailyun and, worse still, anti-humanity. ;)

PS: I did my bit to stop the American concocted atheistic “Yellow Hordes” from allegedly getting us to labour all day in their rice paddies, while they repeatedly raped Peggy Sue and Bernadine.

Have you seen the elephant yet?

Too much. Haven't slept right since, and am so claustrophobic half the time I can't stand being in my own bedroom.

I'm still seeing shrinks, taking Lexapro, and frightening shit outta Sam and Lochie (they sleep inside) waking up screaming and running at 65 years of age.

Peace be with you, Digger. :sad:

Bad juju for sure ... it does get better though. I hope the best for both of you.

Forum List

Back