Unnacceptable?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Superlative, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Superlative

Superlative Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    April 10th.

"Congress’s failure to fund our troops on the front lines will mean that some of our military families could wait longer for their loved ones to return from the front lines, and others could see their loved ones headed back to the war sooner than they need to,” That scenario is “unacceptable,” Bush said, noting he believes the American people would agree with him.

April 11th.

Tours of duty for members of the U.S. Army will be extended from 12 months to 15 months effective immediately, Defense Secretary Robert Gates announced Wednesday.

"What we're trying to do here is provide some long-term predictability to our soldiers and their families," Gates told reporters at the Pentagon.

2. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    I am sure the troops are thankful for the "support" Dems are giving them

Iraq war is 'lost': US Democrat leader

The war in Iraq "is lost" and a US troop surge is failing to bring peace to the country, the leader of the Democratic majority in the US Congress, Harry Reid, said Thursday.
    "I believe ... that this war is lost, and this surge is not accomplishing anything, as is shown by the extreme violence in Iraq this week," Reid told journalists.

Reid said he had delivered the same message to US President George W. Bush on Wednesday, when the US president met with senior lawmakers to discuss how to end a standoff over an emergency war funding bill.

"I know I was the odd guy out at the White House, but I told him at least what he needed to hear ... I believe the war at this stage can only be won diplomatically, politically and economically."

Congress is seeking to tie funding for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to a timetable to withdraw US troops from Iraq next year, but Bush has vowed to veto any such bill and no breakthrough was reported from the White House talks.

Bush on Thursday was addressing an Ohio town hall meeting and defending the war on terror launched in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks.

"It is the most solemn duty of our country, is to protect our country from harm," Bush told the invited audience in Tipp, Ohio.

"A lesson learned was that -- at least in my opinion -- that in order to protect us, we must aggressively pursue the enemy and defeat them elsewhere so that we do not have to face them here."

But Reid drew a parallel with former US president Lyndon Johnson who decided to deploy more troops in Vietnam some 40 years ago when 24,000 US troops had already been killed.

"Johnson did not want a war loss on his watch, so he surged in Vietnam. After the surge was over, we added 34,000 to the 24,000 who died in Vietnam," Reid said.

The comments came a day after bombers killed more than 200 people in a slew of car bombings in Baghdad, dealing a savage blow to the US security plan which aims to deploy an extra 30,000 troops in the country to quell sectarian unrest.

US Defense Secretary Robert Gates fly into Iraq Thursday on an unannounced visit for talks with top US military commanders there.

He met with General David Petraeus, chief of coalition forces in Iraq, his deputy Lieutenant Colonel Ray Odierno and Admiral William Fallon, chief of US forces in the Middle East.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=

3. Superlative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    So lets look at this, A democrat says lets use diplomacy, and Bush employs the same polarising talking points he has since the beginning of the invasion.

Bush hasn't changed his stance, and his stance is proving to be less and less fruitful. (which means nothing is changing)

Now what id like from you (RSR) is your opinion, in your own words regarding what you think should/could be done.

Should the US carry on and wait patiently for the surge to show progress?

Or should they continue trying to address the issues of sectarian violence and attempt to reach some kind middle ground with the Iraqi people?

4. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    The surge is showing signs of progress. I have posted them on several threads

So far, the libs opn this board have failed to answer a common sense question

How do you use diplomacy with people whose only goal is to kill you?

5. Superlative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Please allow me the room to demonstrate.

Your attention would be appreciated.

Lets say you were a little bit, for lack of better words, aggressive, and territorial and proud.

And you didnt really like me much, (no big stretch)

One day.

I kick in the door to your house and burst in with a very big gun and pointed it in your face,

and said very loudly:

"Dont Fuckin MOVE, Im here to free you from your landlord!!"

The next day I blow up your neighbours house,(accidentally of course)

The next day I stood in your living room

And said:

"please, carry on living, this wont take long I promise."

the next day I stood in your kitchen.

I told my friends to go accross the street and search the guys house.

They dragged him into the street and put a black hood over his head and took him away.

The next day I stood in your bedroom.

And said:

"please, continue carrying on living, this wont take long I promise."

Take away the electricity, and water once in a while and repeat this for a few years.

What would you do?

How would you feel?

Would you maybe wish harm on the man with the very big gun occupying your house?

The man who helps sometimes, while his friends kill others?

What would you do?

Would you want him to leave? ?

Would you go out and meet with your friends and say

"This is bullshit, Im a prisoner in my own home."

What would you do?

What if one of your friends said,

"They will never leave. lets kill them."

Some of your friends might say:

"No, we cannot."

Some might say:

"They killed my son."

"They killed my father."

"I want to kill them."

What would you do?

This is what the general population of Iraq feels not the people who already distrusted and hated America.

I realize America isnt in anyones living room, but they are on EVERY streetcorner in Baghdad.

What would you do?

I might fight back. But thats just me.

What would you do?

6. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    :cuckoo:

7. Paul Revere

Paul Revere Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Too many words placed in a chronological order to make a valid point leave RSR confused.

8. Superlative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    HA, and I left alot out just to make it easier to understand.

9. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    I posted the appropriate response to his child like post

Why are you here Paul? No pro terrorists rally to attend?

Oh well, go burn a solider in effigy like your fellow Bush haters did - help let out that built up hate you have inside

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0anRyWT9nQg[/ame]

10. Superlative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Yer so ridiculous.

How about an actual response, in your own words to what it would be like to have someone invade your town?

Not even Iraq related, just what would you do if a foreign country took over your town?

NOT A CUT AND POST.

your honest response in what you personally would do if there were armed forces in the streets of your neighborhood.

can you do that?