Unmanned Surveillance Drones

Apparently their use is on the increase right here in the U.S.

Military, governemnt, law enforcement.

Why?

Is anyone else bothered by this?
Why should be extremely obvious. They are cheap and effective. Would you rather spend 1 million bucks catching the criminal that ran away with a helicopter or 100 bucks with a UAV? The answer is obvious.
:eusa_eh: This guy has one.

OWS Invests In Unmanned Surveillance Drone Dubbed The ‘Occucopter’

[quote removed by me for brevity]

OWS Invests In Unmanned Surveillance Drone Dubbed...
That is awesome. Something good actually coming from the mess that is OWS. For my part, I think that all cops should be on surveillance whenever on duty period, not protected from surveillance...
I have little to hide. Why should I worry about who's watching?
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

If you do not understand that whether or not you are threatened now is irrelevant to the future abuse of such technology then you are beyond helping and have not a clue as to what freedom means or what is required to keep it.

The one poster said it best though, technology moves forward whether we like it or not. I am sure that people were afraid of all kinds of new advancements that are commonplace today. Satellites come to mind for one. The problem is not in the use of drones, that is not only prudent but it would be a travesty if we ignored such breakthroughs over idiotic fears. The issue is in the use. As it stands, I don't see any actual abuse of the technology (or difference from other aerial, manned surveillance for that matter) from a domestic standpoint.

Of course unmanned drones will be in the skies over the USA.

Such a system of surveillance is absolutely ncessary in developing police state.

First of all the government will want to have that power, and then throw in the fact that selling those drones to our government will make some INSIDERS very wealthy and its practically a guarantee that they'll be flying over this nation.

Our government would buy these things even if they didn't really need them, given the fact that by buying them it will make the some of the masters very wealthy.

Bullshit, and you know it. You are better than this tripe.

Forum List

Back