Unlisted Videos (unlistedvideos.com)

PatriotPotato

Rookie
Sep 30, 2012
As the name suggests, Unlisted Videos is a website for unlisted videos (i.e. watch, search, and submit unlisted YouTube videos). No registration is required. There are some restrictions on the types of videos permitted.

The option of unlisted videos, was introduced by YouTube in 2010. Unlisted videos are pretty much the same as public videos, but won't appear in YouTube's search results. They would however show up in the search results if they have been added to a playlist.

Unlisted Videos

Hmmm... I've made quite a few videos that I set to "unlisted". I should probably make them "private".
I shall now self bitch-slap. :slap:

In their Terms of Use section, they give some guidelines on what is and isn't permitted.

Quoted from their Terms of Use:
- Only submit videos that would most likely have been made fully public, had the unlisted option not been available.
- Do not submit videos that would infringe on the privacy of individuals. If an unlisted video appears to be uploaded solely for the friends and/or family of the uploader, it shouldn't be submitted.
- Do not submit a video if its owner has stated (or implied or hinted) that they don't want it shared, in its description on the video sharing site or on the owner's site where the video has been embedded or linked to.

Would people who see your unlisted videos have any reason to think that your videos would fall outside of these limitations?

So far, most of the videos submitted appear to be from verified or at least hugely popular accounts e.g. Lady Gaga, Oasis, Google, YouTube 'celebrities' with over 1 million subscribers etc.

Forum List

Back