Unjust Hanging of Van Tuong Nguyen

Max Power said:
I think the idea is not that THIS guy should be spared punishment, but that the punishment is not fitting to the crime (in general).

Having drugs shouldn't be a capitol crime. I mean, I'm sure that if we killed everyone who disobeyed the speed limit, there would be less speeding on the highways, but would the ends justify the means?
You're wasting your breath Max. If I said, "the sky is blue," these geniuses would argue with me. Anyway, thanks for clarifying my astoundingly incomprehensible argument for those who just couldn't get it.:thup:

Hagbard Celine said:
You're wasting your breath Max. If I said, "the sky is blue," these geniuses would argue with me. Anyway, thanks for clarifying my astoundingly incomprehensible argument for those who just couldn't get it.:thup:

Oh, we get it.. The fact remains that regardless of whether you think it's unjust or not, he committed a crime that carries a mighty stiff (literally) penalty.. Them's the breaks, cupcake. :D

Hagbard Celine said:
Whatever man, put all cutesy, semantic arguments aside, you and I both know treason and doing drugs are on totally different sides of the spectrum.
No cutesy here bud. I just blew yer argument out of the water. :blowup:

Hagbard Celine said:
Because he's being murdered for having drugs. It's an injustice.

Sorry, wrong word. He is being executed as punishment for his crime. Murder is unjust. He had his day in court and lost. One less scumbag walking the Earth.

Wah.

Mr. P said:
No cutesy here bud. I just blew yer arguement out of the water. :blowup:
No you didn't, you think you did. The violent potential of treason doesn't equal the violence potential of doing drugs. By your logic, illegally parking next to a fire hydrant is a violent crime because it could result in people's deaths because the car was blocking the hydrant. Treason is a direct threat to the federal government. The government is authorized by the people to use deadly force to defend itself because a direct threat to the government is a direct threat to the security of the people. A guy doing drugs on his vacation isn't a threat to anybody's way of life.

If the year were 1776, ya'll would be calling for the hanging of George Washington for treason against the king.

GunnyL said:
What's your point, dipshit?
Ooh, "dipshit." Don't burst any blood vessels using such big words Gunny. The point is that non-violent crimes don't deserve death sentences. Isn't it obvious? Why do I have to spell it out for you?

Hagbard Celine said:
No you didn't, you think you did. The violent potential of treason doesn't equal the violence potential of doing drugs. By your logic, illegally parking next to a fire hydrant is a violent crime because it could result in people's deaths because the car was blocking the hydrant. Treason is a direct threat to the federal government. The government is authorized by the people to use deadly force to defend itself because a direct threat to the government is a direct threat to the security of the people. A guy doing drugs on his vacation isn't a threat to anybody's way of life.

Smuggling 396.2 grams of heroin is not doing drugs on vacation.

Max Power said:
I think the idea is not that THIS guy should be spared punishment, but that the punishment is not fitting to the crime (in general).

Having drugs shouldn't be a capitol crime. I mean, I'm sure that if we killed everyone who disobeyed the speed limit, there would be less speeding on the highways, but would the ends justify the means?
Yea well, not that I disagree with the premise max, but many people think 5-10 is to harsh for certain crimes too, so what?

So what is, we ALL live by the the same law, like it or not.

OK HC and Max, are you also willing to argue that Sharia law should be outlawed in Islamic countries because of the barbarity of the punishments via the 'crimes'? Or are you progressive enough to say that it's their countries and they should be able to set their own laws and systems of justice?

If the guy had one joint....I might agree that death is a little extreme.

But again, that is the law of the land there.

There are many people who think that the drug laws here in the United States are barbaric.

That doesn't mean we need to change them.

Our land, our laws. You don't like it, don't come. And if you come to our land, don't break out laws.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Kathianne said:
OK HC and Max, are you also willing to argue that Sharia law should be outlawed in Islamic countries because of the barbarity of the punishments via the 'crimes'? Or are you progressive enough to say that it's their countries and they should be able to set their own laws and systems of justice?

Injustice knows no borders.

Max Power said:
Injustice knows no borders.
So who gets to decide the laws for all countries? You? On what basis do you know best?

Hagbard Celine said:
It's not my logic, MORON!!! it was yours. And this guy wasn't "Just doing drugs on vacation" :rotflmao:

Forum List

Back