Unjust Hanging of Van Tuong Nguyen

Hagbard Celine said:
It's a non-violent crime genius.

True, in this country, but that isn't an issue in the country this guy decided to do the crime. Darwinism at work.

Hagbard Celine said:
Those are two uncomparable crimes. That's like comparing illegal parking with rape.
You condescendingly told Gunny it was a non-violent crime, right?
So is treason. Now you want to compare illegal parking with rape? Let me point out one “is” violent the other is not. So again, what’s your point?

Mr. P said:
You condescendingly told Gunny it was a non-violent crime, right?
So is treason. Now you want to compare illegal parking with rape? Let me point out one “is” violent the other is not. So again, what’s your point?
Dear Genius, treason can result in the toppling of governments, the end of a way of life and the slaughtering of thousands of people. Doing recreational drugs on your vacation cannot. Sincerely, HC.

Shattered said:
Ecstacy is illegal in pretty much every place that I'm aware of.. If their punishment happens to be death, so be it. Vacation elsewhere with a lesser penalty. This guy was in complete control of his own actions. He willingly made a stupid choice, and now needs to suffer the consequences just like everyone else that breaks a law.. Duh?

(I did mention I have little tolerance for human stupidity, yes?)
You're not in the least bit disgusted that these savages are putting a man to death because he had drugs in his duffel bag? No compassion for your fellow man? WWJD?

Hagbard Celine said:
You're not in the least bit disgusted that these savages are putting a man to death because he had drugs in his duffel bag? No compassion for your fellow man? WWJD?

You're barking up the wrong tree, puppy.. I don't buy the WWJD crap.. I also think drugs are dumb. One less idiot on the planet.. Care to try again?

Shattered said:
You're barking up the wrong tree, puppy.. I don't buy the WWJD crap.. I also think drugs are dumb. One less idiot on the planet.. Care to try again?
Ever heard of justice kitten? Death for doing drugs isn't justice, it's savagery.

Hagbard Celine said:
Wouldn't he say, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone?" You guys are nuts if you think death is a fitting punishment for doing drugs.

What the hell part of "It's their law." are you missing? If you don't like it, A) Don't go. B) Don't break their laws..

Hagbard Celine said:
Dear Genius, treason can result in the toppling of governments, the end of a way of life and the slaughtering of thousands of people. Doing recreational drugs on your vacation cannot. Sincerely, HC.
Oh I see, you see one as non-violent and the other as potentially violent so that makes the difference, huh? Well, young college boy, using your well thought out logic both are violent. So again (3rd time), what's your point?

Hagbard Celine said:
Wouldn't he say, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone?" You guys are nuts if you think death is a fitting punishment for doing drugs.

Forget all the examples of following laws and rules in the Bible.

Hagbard Celine said:
Ever heard of justice kitten? Death for doing drugs isn't justice, it's savagery.

Guess it's justice where he went. :D Why are you berating those in favor of obeying the law, but not berating the idiot that broke it?

Shattered said:
Guess it's justice where he went. :D Why are you berating those in favor of obeying the law, but not berating the idiot that broke it?
Because he's being murdered for having drugs. It's an injustice.

Hagbard Celine said:

They're illegal. Period. Since you're missing one important part.. I'll turn up the volume:

Don't break the freakin law if you don't want to pay the price!

Hagbard Celine said:

No. He is being punished for breaking the law.

Do you feel that driving over 50 miles over the speed limit should result in a $100.00 fine?

I think the idea is not that THIS guy should be spared punishment, but that the punishment is not fitting to the crime (in general).

Having drugs shouldn't be a capitol crime. I mean, I'm sure that if we killed everyone who disobeyed the speed limit, there would be less speeding on the highways, but would the ends justify the means?

Mr. P said:
Oh I see, you see one as non-violent and the other as potentially violent so that makes the difference, huh? Well, young college boy, using your well thought out logic both are violent. So again (3rd time), what's your point?
Whatever man, put all cutesy, semantic arguments aside, you and I both know treason and doing drugs are on totally different sides of the spectrum.

Forum List

Back