University Reform

Considering the trends towards collective thought and punishment of thought outside the groupthink is mostly coming from the left nowadays, your statement is a comical deflection.

Yes, let us consider which group is more prone to groupthink. Those who are uneducated and thus are the most easily manipulated, or those who are educated.

Check with the founders, their view was only an educated population could keep democracy.

Con-media vomits in the ears of the uneducated, saying "beware those who are intelligent, those who go to university, they are your enemy".

'Twas always thus with conservatism throughout history and always thus will be.

These days going to college does not guarantee an education. I'm sorry but some degree in victim-status studies does not make one an intellectual, and it certainly doesn't make people ready for the job market.

You are confusing the conservative disdain for egghead intellectualism for an actual disdain of intellectual pursuits and knowledge.

Yet you ignore the current PROGRESSIVE trend of college students to want to suppress any dissenting opinion.

Haaaaaaacccccckkkkkk.....

You live in conservative-media la la land.

Go to your local university or lookup up the curriculum for a 4 year degree. It hasn't changed much in the last 50 years. Chemistry, biology, geology, and other standard requirements. Then you get into specifics for your field.

Con-media has demonized universities with its nonstop lying factory. Because educated people are anathema to current conservative politics.

I feel sorry for anyone who looks at education as a negative. It only enhances life.

Yes, watered down chemistry, biology, etc. I live in the real word, and as an Engineer with a Master's degree I basically torpedo your entire "conservatives hate education" mantra. What we hate is academic track curriculum that only lead to a small # of academic based jobs being considered as viable majors for other work pursuits.

And education for an education's sake is the luxury of the trust fund set, the rest of us should get one that allows us to earn more $$ than the people before us.

LOL Watered down. Yes explain how you water down chemistry.

Break out of your meme-guided unreality. Chemistry is chemistry.

It's so sad to see people who believe political whackjobs about 'education isn't a good thing'.

Ridiculous, get educated. And stop with the right-wing whining about universities and Hollywood. You aren't that smart and you aren't that creative, live with it. Go dig ditches or something useful.

There is Chem 101, which is the science track chemistry all freshmen who want to work on a STEM degree take, and "introduction to" or "topics in" Chemistry, the watered down version taken by Poli-Sci and communications majors so they can meet requirements. I suggest you actually look a course guides, the fluff classes are easy to pick out.

You live in conservative-media la la land.
I am certainly not a partisan Republican. For example I strongly oppose corporate welfare and nation-building in the Mideast.

Go to your local university or lookup up the curriculum for a 4 year degree. It hasn't changed much in the last 50 years. Chemistry, biology, geology, and other standard requirements. Then you get into specifics for your field.
You claim to value education yet you lack basic reading skills. I suggested in the OP that we focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) education.

I feel sorry for anyone who looks at education as a negative. It only enhances life.
I agree. That's why I oppose the twisted PC fanatics.

Ridiculous, get educated. And stop with the right-wing whining about universities and Hollywood.
Now you embrace Hollywood celebrities? You think Rosie O'Donnell and Barbra Streisand and Sean Penn are great intellects? lol

Last edited:
The new non-issue being pushed by con media to try to discredit academia, which is a tactic that every authoritarian government uses. Its an attempt to make smart people look not so smart so "don't listen to them, what do they know".

The few bad apples should be dealt with. But if you are going to convict all 'Universities' for the actions of a tiny few then all Christians are responsible for the murders of people that bomb abortion clinics, and by your logic we'd need 'Christianity reform'.

So pick your poison.

:lmao:

More tantrums from the over-privileged and the under-tolerant. Watch as students scream at a left-wing professor and demand his resignation:

The revolution consumes its own.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back