University of Colorado allows students to carry guns

Would the Va Tech shooting have happened in the shooter had not had access to guns?

Bout time people came to their senses, alright!

Yeah, we're waiting, but for some reason - people like you just NEVER do.

For instance, by your logic here, we should have no prostitution since exchanging sex for money is completely outlawed (yet strangely, the black market supplies it).

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Are you suggesting the Va Tech killer acquired his guns illegally?

Are you suggesting that absolutely no crimes at all are committed using guns in your country?

So then why are you attacking the method and claiming that the US has more gun crime than the UK? Are you finally coming to your senses and realizing that arming the law abiding citizen is the ONLY solution to the problem?

Guns do not cause crime.

Guns enable crime.

Every year, thousands of women are strangled to death. So by your "logic", we should outlaw men having arms and begin immediate amputation of the population. You first, ok?

Rottweiler -

Please try and stick to an adult level of debate, rather than going off to discuss underwear and prostitutes.

Of course cars and swimming pools are the cause of many accidents, and we also have laws to govern their use and make them as safe as possible, right?

But cars and swimming pool are not often used as a way of murdering someone.

Occassionally, but not terribly often.

US gun owners make up less then one percent of the worlds population, yet we own one third of the worlds guns...

And have 246 times more gun-related homicides than the UK.

The message is simple, alright!

You cower, I will not......

You keep making a comparison when you guys would barely fit into a state. The population isnt even close.

Guns are not going away. I wouldnt surrender them if ordered to.

You want an interesting fact? In the summer, ice-cream consumption goes way up. Also in the summer, the homicide rates go way up. So by the way you think, ice-cream is causing murder and we should outlaw it immediately.

While a person of higher intelligence realizes that in the summer, ice-cream consumption goes up because it's hotter. And the homicide rate goes up because A.) it's hotter (ie tempers flare), B.) there are more people out and about, so there are more targets, C.) there are more people out and about, so there are more conflicts, etc.

Who claimed that guns CAUSE crime?

I don't think they do...at least not often.

Guns are used as a method of killing...not a reason to kill.

So then why are you attacking the method and claiming that the US has more gun crime than the UK? Are you finally coming to your senses and realizing that arming the law abiding citizen is the ONLY solution to the problem?

Perhaps a more accurate comparison would be the number of crimes committed in both countries, disregarding the tools used. I think it would be revealed that crime in the UK surpasses crime in the US. The weapon used might surprise you, guns are not the only weapon used to commit crimes.

US gun owners make up less then one percent of the worlds population, yet we own one third of the worlds guns...

And have 246 times more gun-related homicides than the UK.

The message is simple, alright!

And it's getting worse in the UK, I have a question, where were all the guns and school shooting and theatre shootings in the 1950s, with even less gun laws than now? Where was all this crazyness?

Rottweiler -

Please try and stick to an adult level of debate, rather than going off to discuss underwear and prostitutes.

Of course cars and swimming pools are the cause of many accidents, and we also have laws to govern their use and make them as safe as possible, right?

And that's the point! There not used that often because of guns, but the minute you outlaw guns, guess what?!?! Maniacs will be using automobiles for mass murder!

Dude, WAKE UP! A gun is the greatest friend to all of us. The problem ONLY occurs when guns are outlawed. I guarantee you if you made it mandatory that every man, woman, and child alive carry a gun - you'd never see another mass shooting again. 99% of them would be too cowardly to try it, and the 1% of maniacs who would dare would be blown away before they got a second victim.

Rottweiler -

And that's the point! There not used that often because of guns, but the minute you outlaw guns, guess what?!?! Maniacs will be using automobiles for mass murder!

Dude, WAKE UP! A gun is the greatest friend to all of us. The problem ONLY occurs when guns are outlawed. I guarantee you if you made it mandatory that every man, woman, and child alive carry a gun - you'd never see another mass shooting again. 99% of them would be too cowardly to try it, and the 1% of maniacs who would dare would be blown away before they got a second victim.

DING DING DING, which is why you didnt see the kind of stuff back in the day. Even in the Wild West, most people didnt have the balls to gunfight and it still had rules

Huh? Are you serious? All this will do is make it more likely there will be another mass shooting!

This is the same ignorant battle cry from the left everytime, despite the FACT that mass shootings ONLY happen where guns are banned.

Guns are banned in Australia (exceptions for those with permits) so according to your logic, we should have a lot of mass shootings.

Care to retract your argument, or shall I toss egg in your face?:lol:

Rotteiler -

Have you heard of 9/11?

Terrorist attacks tend to be very different in motive and methodology to other kinds of crime. Very few major terror attaks us guns as the primary weapon.

Very few murders use bombs as the method.

Your claim that murderers would use bombs if guns were not available is not backed up by fact, because in countries with fewer guns, we do not see a lot of bombings. In fact, I suspect the UK and France have less bombings than the US does.

Actually, that's a great point too! Thank you for helping me! We saw the murder of 3,000 people on 9/11 from airplanes. Should we outlaw airplanes? By the way, before you claim this was some once in a lifetime thing, when Bill Clinton was in office, an American flew his own plane into the White House.

By your logic, looks like it's time to outlaw airplanes! Man, your logic is taking us back to the stone ages...

Then those so inclined would be restricted to using rocks and sticks for murdering their fellow man. Still effective, though, if the one wielding that rock or stick is determined enough. Better consider outlawing rocks and sticks while we're at it.

Are you suggesting that absolutely no crimes at all are committed using guns in your country?

No, Finland has the 4th highest gun ownership in the world, and an appalling rate of gun-related homicides.

We have a terrible problem with guns here.

Do you want to stop that problem? Totally ban the private ownership of guns. Really, it will work. Try it.

Huh? Are you serious? All this will do is make it more likely there will be another mass shooting!

This is the same ignorant battle cry from the left everytime, despite the FACT that mass shootings ONLY happen where guns are banned.

Guns are banned in Australia (exceptions for those with permits) so according to your logic, we should have a lot of mass shootings.

Ok so why is Chicago have higher murder rate than say Montana?

And I'm sure you do. But unlike you, I don't give a fuck about other countries and don't pay attention to what is going on. If America is so awful, perhaps you should get the fuck off of the US message board and go the fuck away. Either way, nobody gives a fuck what an Aussie thinks about our nation or our gun laws. You can't vote here, so you opinion means nothing.

By the way, the first thing the Nazi's did was take the guns. I'll be laughing at YOU when your government because an oppresive Nazi regime and you're crying about it.

And I'm sure you do. But unlike you, I don't give a fuck about other countries and don't pay attention to what is going on. If America is so awful, perhaps you should get the fuck off of the US message board and go the fuck away. Either way, nobody gives a fuck what an Aussie thinks about our nation or our gun laws. You can't vote here, so you opinion means nothing.

By the way, the first thing the Nazi's did was take the guns. I'll be laughing at YOU when your government because an oppresive Nazi regime and you're crying about it.

No one is crying here. We had one mass shooting in 1996, and none since then. NONE. In over FOURTEEN YEARS. How many mass shootings has American experienced in the last 3 months?

I did try counting but I ran out of fingers.:lol:

Boy, I couldn't agree more with that. It's almost like there are no problems in their own ratbag countries that they have to come over here and spew their irrelevant bullshit opinions. Fix you own before you come telling us what's wrong with the US.

No Australian will deny that there are problems with our country. However, when we hear Americans insist there is no gun problem in the US, despite multiple shootings every year, its laughable to see you all turn your backs and ignore an obvious problem.

How many more innocent people have to die before you decide to do something about this, and actually SAVE lives, instead of taking them?

No one is crying here. We had one mass shooting in 1996, and none since then. NONE. In over FOURTEEN YEARS. How many mass shootings has American experienced in the last 3 months?

I did try counting but I ran out of fingers.:lol:

We've had a ton STUPID, and 100% of them have been in areas where guns are banned. You know how many we've had where guns are permitted? ZERO, stupid. That's right - ZERO.

You're an ignorant aussie - worry about your own nation.

Forum List

Back