University of Colorado allows students to carry guns

Awesome.Maybe we can avoid another Va Tech. Bout time people came to their senses.

Would the Va Tech shooting have happened in the shooter had not had access to guns?

Bout time people came to their senses, alright!

Yeah, we're waiting, but for some reason - people like you just NEVER do.

For instance, by your logic here, we should have no thefts ever because theft is completely outlawed (yet strangely, it happens every day all over the country).

Awesome.Maybe we can avoid another Va Tech. Bout time people came to their senses.

Would the Va Tech shooting have happened in the shooter had not had access to guns?

For instance, by your logic here, we should have no prostitution since exchanging sex for money is completely outlawed (yet strangely, the black market supplies it).

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Are you suggesting the Va Tech killer acquired his guns illegally?

so you want to ban all guns?

No, I don't.

I doubt anyone does.

What I am suggesting is that the US use laws which have proved effective in other countries, and which reduce the rates of death. These laws should balance the rights of all individuals, gun owners and non-gun owners.

As Rottweiler said ealier on this thread - ideology is less important than human life. He is absolutely right.

Last edited:
I agree totally.

And yet the US has 246 times more gun-related homicides than the UK.

So you would agree that the US must change its ideology, no?

Nonsense.. The obvious solution is what you have done, a camera on every corner. Fear your neighbor.....

The problem isnt the firearm......

Sorry...I don't get your point.

If the US has ten times more homicides than countries which have less guns in society - on what logical basis are guns not the problem?

Each society is different, There are as many things different as they are the same.

In our culture very little respect is given to the elderly. Here half of all births are to single parents. The era of personal responsibility gone......

You bitch about guns and I have never once heard you mention the weapon that has more deaths attributed to it then all people killed with guns including the wars fought.

Why is that? Why is it you dont know what the number one weapon of death is?

For instance, by your logic here, we should have no prostitution since exchanging sex for money is completely outlawed (yet strangely, the black market supplies it).

I'm not "suggesting" anything. I'm illustrating what an incompetent moron you are to believe that outlawing guns would stop anything. The black market will (and does) supply ANYTHING outlawed. And even if you had a "magic wand" that could make guns permanently disappear from America forever, the people doing these mass murders would just plant a bomb. Or they would drive a car over everyone (as has happened quite a few times already). Or they would set a fire to a building and block the exits.

The bottom line, you're a fucking moron with no idea what you're talking about. Arming people to defend themselves is the answer. It's why no mass shootings ever happen where conceal carry is permitted.

I'm illustrating what an incompetent moron you are to believe that outlawing guns would stop anything.

Really?

Can you explain why 20 western democracies which all have far less guns than the US also have far less homicides?

And can you explain whu research conducted in the US found a direct correrlation between gun possession rates and the number of homicides?

Full-Auto -

I haven't seen anyone suggest that guns are the only problem in society which needs addressing in order to reduce homicide rates.

Obviously guns, poverty etc are problems as well.

But this thread is about guns.

ideology is not more important than human life.

I agree totally.

And yet the US has 246 times more gun-related homicides than the UK.

So you would agree that the US must change its ideology, no?

And the fact that the US has 246 times the population and is 246 times the size of the UK has nothing to do with that?

Way to connect the dots on items that have NOTHING to do with each other.

You want an interesting fact? In the summer, ice-cream consumption goes way up. Also in the summer, the homicide rates go way up. So by the way you think, ice-cream is causing murder and we should outlaw it immediately.

While a person of higher intelligence realizes that in the summer, ice-cream consumption goes up because it's hotter. And the homicide rate goes up because A.) it's hotter (ie tempers flare), B.) there are more people out and about, so there are more targets, C.) there are more people out and about, so there are more conflicts, etc.

And even if you had a "magic wand" that could make guns permanently disappear from America forever, the people doing these mass murders would just plant a bomb.

So countries which do not have many guns have a lot of bombings, do they?

Again - can we see some evidence of this, as I don't recall the last bombing in the UK or Germany....

I'm illustrating what an incompetent moron you are to believe that outlawing guns would stop anything.

Really?

Can you explain why 20 western democracies which all have far less guns than the US also have far less homicides?

And can you explain whu research conducted in the US found a direct correrlation between gun possession rates and the number of homicides?

Can you explain why 100% of mass shootings have occured in locations where guns are prohibited?

And the fact that the US has 246 times the population and is 246 times the size of the UK has nothing to do with that?

Way to connect the dots on items that have NOTHING to do with each other.

No, because these are per capita statistics.

The US has 246 more gun-related homicides per capita than the UK does.

So we have background checks and mental checks, if he passed he'll get a gun, simple as that, and if he pulls it on a crowd, the crowd can be unarmed and sitting ducks or armed and have the ability to fight back.

What laws would you have? Chicago and DC have strong laws and they still have huge crime rates.

The point is if you want to kill someone, like in NYC you can, especially if you have the initative and suprise. The guy died killing another person, he's a nutjob, but what can you do? If people are willing to die for it, then you cant do much, which is why I'm ok with Truman nuking JApan, they were nuts and flying planes into ships, you cant shoot all those planes down....so you have to end the war....same with guns, you have to shoot the guy before he kills more...

And even if you had a "magic wand" that could make guns permanently disappear from America forever, the people doing these mass murders would just plant a bomb.

Again - can we see some evidence of this, as I don't recall the last bombing in the UK or Germany....

Really? Right off the top of my head, I instantly recall TWO bombings on the same day in the UK. One was in the subway and another was on one of those triple-decker busses. Oops - looks like someone was just exposed for being a moron!

You want an interesting fact? In the summer, ice-cream consumption goes way up. Also in the summer, the homicide rates go way up. So by the way you think, ice-cream is causing murder and we should outlaw it immediately.

While a person of higher intelligence realizes that in the summer, ice-cream consumption goes up because it's hotter. And the homicide rate goes up because A.) it's hotter (ie tempers flare), B.) there are more people out and about, so there are more targets, C.) there are more people out and about, so there are more conflicts, etc.

Who claimed that guns CAUSE crime?

I don't think they do...at least not often.

Guns are used as a method of killing...not a reason to kill.

Really? Right off the top of my head, I instantly recall TWO bombings on the same day in the UK. One was in the subway and another was on one of those triple-decker busses. Oops - looks like someone was just exposed for being a moron!

Um....maybe you want to go and think this one through a little more....

University of Colorado Allows Students to Carry Guns

Yeah at CSU--they tried to stop guns from coming on campus--but the sheriff's office said no way.

Another DADT situation. If I don't advertise (concealed?) that I am carrying, you won't know unless the situation forces me to act. I'll deal with the questions after the fact. In the meantime, my carrying concealed increases the survival probabilities of myself and my fellow students should such an unfortunate event occur.

Full-Auto -

I haven't seen anyone suggest that guns are the only problem in society which needs addressing in order to reduce homicide rates.

Obviously guns, poverty etc are problems as well.

But this thread is about guns.

About guns and your fear.............

They say guns kill people.......Are mine defective?

They havent killed anyone, but have proven on several occasions to be a very effective deterrent....

The look on those faces.................Priceless.

You can continue with platitudes, however you might as well piss up wind.

An adage of truth.....................Those that would surrender liberty for safety deserve neither.....

Forum List

Back