Universe or Multiverse?

Do we live in a Multiverse?

• Total voters

SixFoot

Get off my lawn!
Sep 4, 2014
What's your consensus?

Does Gravity interact with matter, regardless of it's dimensional origin? If so, is Gravity the answer to Dark Matter...?

Will we ever even be able to peer deep enough into the world of the Very Small to test these things (perhaps via String Theory)?

I'd love to hear everyone's theories on the matter.

No Politics Please.

Perhaps when electrons appear to instantly jump from one place in spacetime to another, it is crossing a dimensional plane, and simply moving in a different direction than what is permitted in a 3-Dimensional space? To me, that sounds more sensible than particles simply flashing in and out of existence.

The problem with all of this is it's nothing but pure conjecture. I thought science was supposed to be about observation and measurement.

This is just a bunch of physicists talking out of their ass.

My theory is that tiny green monkey too small to ever observe or measure fly out of God's ass every time he farts. The tiny monkeys are the substance that holds the universe together. Prove me wrong. :D

Sadly, my statement is subject to just as much "science" and experimentation as the questions posed above. This is why physics has largely become irrelevant.

What's your consensus?

Does Gravity interact with matter, regardless of it's dimensional origin? If so, is Gravity the answer to Dark Matter...?

Will we ever even be able to peer deep enough into the world of the Very Small to test these things (perhaps via String Theory)?

No Politics Please.
ask Prof. Ray Palmer.....he knows....

The problem with all of this is it's nothing but pure conjecture. I thought science was supposed to be about observation and measurement.

My theory is that tiny green monkey too small to ever observe or measure fly out of God's ass every time he farts. The tiny monkeys are the substance that holds the universe together. Prove me wrong. :D

Sadly, my statement is subject to just as much "science" and experimentation as the questions posed above. This is why physics has largely become irrelevant.

There was no way to prove that the Sun didn't rotate around the Earth...
1_Ptolemaic_system_%2528PSF%2529.png

....Until it was proven. :beer:

A little less idle speculation and a little more scientific evidence would be welcome. :)

There may be many bubble universes, but I simply cannot believe there are other versions of ourselves in them.

What's your consensus?

No Politics Please.
Scientists have this 1 billion dollars telescope in Louisiana or somewhere down south and it saw two black holes collide. When that happened the whole universe shook. You didn't feel it but it happened.

This is just one bubble. This is just our seeable universe. How can there be an end? What's beyond that wall? Just because we can't go there doesn't mean there doesn't exist.

Think of infinity. Dark matter is infinite. Within dark matter are bubbles and those bubbles are universes. Universes can collide. Black holes might lead to other universes

Lol,

I'd like to see how much further ahead we'd be if it wasn't for people such as the op. The American taliban is truly something to face palm too.

Well, that's not very nice. lol

I'm just here to talk science with you people. :p

A little less idle speculation and a little more scientific evidence would be welcome. :)

Agreed. Problem is, I have a hard time finding people with the capacity to have these conversations with (that I may learn more), so I'm stuck trying to spark meaningful conversations with fellow armchair science-enthusiasts on a message board. lol

There may be many bubble universes, but I simply cannot believe there are other versions of ourselves in them.

The universe is a lot more mysterious than even the wildest of the wildest of our imagination can imagine. May be there is a collection of entangled particles somewhere in this universe which is an exact replica of particles that represent you. Entangled particles are real and when the entanglement happens the distance does not matter. Entangled particles can be at the opposite ends of the universe and yet their respective states are synchronized. This is an extremely mysterious part of quantum mechanics as it defies theory of relativity.

With the sheer numbers involved, there might not be another "you" per se, but it's possible someone in another reality could have the exact genetic code as you?

The universe is a lot more mysterious than even the wildest of the wildest of our imagination can imagine. May be there is a collection of entangled particles somewhere in this universe which is an exact replica of particles that represent you. Entangled particles are real and when the entanglement happens the distance does not matter. Entangled particles can be at the opposite ends of the universe and yet their respective states are synchronized. This is an extremely mysterious part of quantum mechanics as it defies theory of relativity.

I disagree with the defiance of Relativity part, hence my questions about the Multiverse. Perhaps entangled particles are simply sending information to and fro in a different direction than our 4D reality currently allows us to see or understand (i.e. inter-dimensional travel of information)?

Perhaps when electrons appear to instantly jump from one place in spacetime to another, it is crossing a dimensional plane, and simply moving in a different direction than what is permitted in a 3-Dimensional space? To me, that sounds more sensible than particles simply flashing in and out of existence.

This is a pretty old topic. It was explained by Heinemann long time ago using a diagram which gained popularity as Heinemann Diagram. Even on this forum, we already discussed this in detail a while back when I was new on this forum.

This is a pretty old topic. It was explained by Heinemann long time ago using a diagram which gained popularity as Heinemann Diagram. Even on this forum, we already discussed this in detail a while back when I was new on this forum.

I think when you were new, I wasn't here yet. lol

But hey, I tried. :)

I disagree with the defiance of Relativity part, hence my questions about the Multiverse. Perhaps entangled particles are simply sending information to and fro in a different direction than our 4D reality currently allows us to see or understand (i.e. inter-dimensional travel of information)?

What is your 4D reality?

Why do you think quantum entanglement does not contradict theory of relativity?

Search for that thread and revive it. Don't give up :) More importantly, don't reinvent the wheel :)

What is your 4D reality?

Why do you think quantum entanglement does not contradict theory of relativity?

Because I don't think the information is violating the speed of light, even though it can seemingly transmit information instantly from light years away.

I think it's simply moving in a different direction that allows the information to travel, similar to the metaphor of bending a piece of paper to bring two points in space together when explaining "FTL" travel.

That way, there's no violation of Relativity (as far as I can tell).

Search for that thread and revive it. Don't give up :) More importantly, don't reinvent the wheel :)

I'll attempt to revive it then. lol

tumblr_nu6jfx1KA61ub1k0po1_1280.jpg

Forum List

Back