Universal healthcare....

Which committee and which head?

And how if it is coming out of an unspecified committee, is it Obama's plan?

Get rid of the FDA ... prices will drop like stones.
Cool, we could watch you take those drugs, and eat untested food before we decide.

The FDA has allowed mostly untested drugs which are killing people into the US, while perfectly safe alternatives don't make it because they are from smaller companies ... stop and think why that is.

The only thing they have done right is stop imported e-coli outbreaks, other than that, our food is more toxic now than ever. You really should learn about what you are buying and consuming before you take anyone's word for it.

Get rid of the FDA ... prices will drop like stones.
Cool, we could watch you take those drugs, and eat untested food before we decide.

The FDA has allowed mostly untested drugs which are killing people into the US, while perfectly safe alternatives don't make it because they are from smaller companies ... stop and think why that is.

The only thing they have done right is stop imported e-coli outbreaks, other than that, our food is more toxic now than ever. You really should learn about what you are buying and consuming before you take anyone's word for it.

That is all true on top of granting monopolies and misleading profit structures so that drugs cost ten times what they should.

I don't think we should get rid of the FDA, just retask and cut off the top and make them do what they are intended to. Get rid of the dead weight thieves that run it and pay for more inspectors.

That is all true on top of granting monopolies and misleading profit structures so that drugs cost ten times what they should.

I don't think we should get rid of the FDA, just retask and cut off the top and make them do what they are intended to. Get rid of the dead weight thieves that run it and pay for more inspectors.

Well, at least that's a middle ground I would agree with. ;)

I want the food inspectors and the drug production inspectors and the administrative functions to continue and the enforcement of what pesticides are allowed and coordinated with the AG Dept, etc., etc....What I don't want is the assholes at the top making deals for bogus drug studies and giving carte blanche to monsanto for GM foods and subsidizing industries to put shit like high fructose corn syrup in the entire food supply..........shit like that........

I want the food inspectors and the drug production inspectors and the administrative functions to continue and the enforcement of what pesticides are allowed and coordinated with the AG Dept, etc., etc....What I don't want is the assholes at the top making deals for bogus drug studies and giving carte blanche to monsanto for GM foods and subsidizing industries to put shit like high fructose corn syrup in the entire food supply..........shit like that........

The food inspectors, yes, they do a decent job in spite of several failings and haven't influenced the prices on the market as much. But the drug inspectors are not needed. Here's why:

1. People should be looking into the drugs their doctors recommend much more than just what's advertised anyway. An educated patient is a healthy patient. I found that out the hard way myself.

2. Most of the drugs they let pass have not been tested on humans, thus why they are trying to appease us skeptics now with open drug trials in the US. I won't take anything that has been on the market less than 10 years, period. The last "new" drug in the US I took left me permanently disabled and had all the backing of both the FDA and AMA.

3. They operate on bribes more than anything, but since they call it "filing fees" it's legal. Thus they can control the market, yet the FDA drug inspectors do not really care about health and safety, that is evident in so many ways. Look into some procedures that recently got approval from them by pressure from patients (joint resurfacing is one), in spite of proving to be widely successful in other countries for many years, they are still saying it's worse than joint replacement and many insurance companies cannot pay for it (state and federal won't touch it) because of this. So even when pressured to do the right thing, they still lie about it to keep the money going to the right hands.

Health care reform
While the full scope of health care reform is not known, the initial
proposals call for mandated coverage for nearly all Americans.
Individuals not covered by health insurance would have the
option of buying insurance through a public or private sector
provider or pay a penalty of 2.5% of their income. Businesses
would be required to provide health care or face a penalty up to
8% of their payroll. The additional costs of the system would be
covered by a surtax on individual incomes starting at 1% over
$350,000 and reaching 5.6% for incomes above $1 million. The
Congressional Budget Office has estimated the total cost of
making health care coverage a right for all Americans to be
around $1 trillion over the next decade, not all of which would be
covered by higher taxes resulting in an additional $239 billion in
deficit spending.
Although health care reform advocates expect the expansion of
health care benefits to result in significant savings, increasing the
demand for any good or service and doing little to increase
supply has not been known historically to reduce the price of any
good or service. Health care reform likely will result in higher
levels of inflation and eventually a search for a more effective
way of rationing health care services. In much of the rest of the
world this is done by queuing and the eventual denial of service
to the very terminally ill.

And Obama is running around still stating that it's not gonna cost any more money and that there will be no rationing. He's not fooling anyone.

Forum List

Back