Universal Healthcare - will not work in the US

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AzogtheDefiler, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Markle

Markle Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,200
    "You would say"? I provide FACTS and a source and you provide..."You would say". Got it!

Show us all the reliable sources and links stating that figures from the Fraser Institute are inflated. If you cannot, then you are, once again, lying. Why?

Can you not read the figure in the lower right corner? Yes, this is a more recent chart but is that figure close to 35,000? To assist you so you know what to look for, this one reads 63,459.

[​IMG]

2. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,053
    Yes, they did... which proves my point that capitalists were JUST FINE WITH THE NAZIS.

Um, no... It's still an insignificant number.. A Significant number is 1 Million Americans going to Mexico for cheap doctors

63K out of 37 Million? Still small. Less than 1%.

3. Markle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,200
    [​IMG]

4. Markle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,200
    Post-1160 went way over your head, didn't it?

5. mikegriffith1

mikegriffith1 Mike Griffith

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,404
    People are comparing apples, oranges, and bricks. I've lived or spent some time in several countries with universal healthcare programs. Israel has a good one, but it only has to serve 8 million people and there is competition built into the system. Greece and England's national healthcare systems are substandard, at best. Germany's universal care system is pretty good. So is Canada's, all things considered. But Germany and Canada's populations combined are not even half the size of ours. Plus, all of the above nations have either tough or draconian tort laws, something that our liberals fight tooth and nail.

6. JoeB131

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,053
    Yes we can Definitely compare you to a Brick....

Torts aren't the problem. Frankly, I WANT my doctor to make extra sure he cuts into the right leg before he puts me under, don't you?

The reality- The countries with Single Payer have longer life expectancy, lower infant mortality rates, and yes, they spend a lot less than we do per capita.

7. Markle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,200
    As you know, tort reform is desperately needed. Frivolent lawsuits cost us hundreds of billions of dollars every year. Looser pays would go a long way toward rectifying that problem. That would have nothing, whatsoever to do with you suing a doctor for malpractice.

As you know too but continue to "mislead" about is life expectancy. Countries with longer life expectancies are homogenous countries, one race, one nationality. We are, as you refuse to accept, a heterogeneous country, many races, many nationalities.

The life expectancy in Norway at birth is 81.8 years. Until Muslim refugees started moving into the country, they are nearly 100% white Norwegians.

In Minnesota, a very large percentage of their population are Scandanavians. They also eat many of the foods from the Old Country. Their life expectancy is 81.05.

There are other reasons as well. We have far more vehicular fatalities than other countries.

As you know too, infant mortality rates are for the same reason. In addition, other countries have different criteria for evaluating infant mortality. But, you already knew that you just love to "mislead" gullible folks.

Wouldn't you be better able to deal with the issues if you were honest?

8. JoeB131

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,053
    Actually. No. Texas already DID the kind of "tort reform" - taking away the right of patients mauled by incompetent doctors - you guys talk about. Health Care costs didn't go down even a tiny little bit.

Report: Texas' tort law has failed to reduce health costs, attract doctors

Look, we realize you are a racist cocksucker, you don't need to remind us.

Yes, when people of color can't get the kind of good health care white people can get, they WILL die younger. This is a bad thing for most decent human beings, but I don't think you understand that concept.

9. ScorpioRising007

ScorpioRising007 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +212
    I hear people say under socialized medicine doctors will quit because they won't make as much, I say let them we don't need that many doctors. My wife and I when we get treated when we are ill we usually just see Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and sometimes a DO. Unless I get admitted into ER I don't usually see an MD, they are way too expensive. Most of the time my wife and I do not see white male doctors (when we do choose to see a doctor), because everyone wants a white male doctor and booking is a nightmare and they never want to work after-hours or weekends. So I prefer seeing Indian doctors instead. They are usually cheaper, I can call and get an appointment right away, they will work weekends and they will work late hours too so I can see them after work, they all will take my HMO, and I actually have found them very intelligent and they seem to know more and do a better job treating me then the white doctors I have seen. So people say how expensive universal healthcare will be well one way is to convince people they don't have to go to an MD for many things a Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, DO is in most cases just as good and if they do want to see an MD convince them that an Indian, woman, or foreign doctor will be just as good.

10. forkup

forkup Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,033
    wasn't that what ACA was?