Universal background checks are back

While everyone was chatting about the 2018-2019 United States government shutdown, House Democrats introduced a universal background check bill H.R. 8 on January 8, 2019.

Universal Background Checks Are Back | José Niño
-----------------------------------------------------------

Oh isn't that special, we just can't wait until you loon realize how murders will still happen and you won't have a way to defend yourselves once these illegals start going nuts . Look to Europe we're going down their same path.

Thanks for the information #infowars

In 2016, in the State of Colorado, there were something like 1.4 million background checks done. There were more than 27,000 denials for various reasons like Pending Violent Restraining Orders, and the like. There were 270 some odd Violent Criminals sent back to prison for trying to obtain firearms illegally. Just counting the Violent Criminals that tried to get guns so they could continue their old way of life (they were on parole of all things) just how many lives were saved? Tell me again that background checks don't work. If it gets 270 convicted violent felons back off the street then it's working.

Where are the stats that show how many of those 27,000 who were denied were able to go on and buy a gun (or steal one) by any other means?

Leftardz never think anything completely through.

If they were going to steal those guns, they would have already done so. But it's damned dangerous stealing weapons. People with Weapons don't really like you stealing their weapons, now do they. Crashing heavy trucks into pawn shops was the craze for awhile until the pawn shops would lock up all their guns at night so it made it harder to steal them. You no longer had that 5 minutes to do the job. You had less than 90 seconds. And that security reaction team with the cops coming in just over 90 seconds will shoot you dead. Breaking into a house might not work out so well either since only 42% of all homes have weapons. Which ones do you hit? Will the house actually have weapons or will it have a state of the art security system and you now have less than 90 seconds to learn you blew it. If the home has the guns, the gun owner just might shoot your ass dead. Stealing guns is a lot more dangerous than driving one state over and buying them legally. And a lot healthier. Even Criminals don't like dying painful deaths or hasten their way to prison.

Guncrazies never think things out. You just want "Mo Guns".

While everyone was chatting about the 2018-2019 United States government shutdown, House Democrats introduced a universal background check bill H.R. 8 on January 8, 2019.

Universal Background Checks Are Back | José Niño
-----------------------------------------------------------

Oh isn't that special, we just can't wait until you loon realize how murders will still happen and you won't have a way to defend yourselves once these illegals start going nuts . Look to Europe we're going down their same path.

Thanks for the information #infowars

In 2016, in the State of Colorado, there were something like 1.4 million background checks done. There were more than 27,000 denials for various reasons like Pending Violent Restraining Orders, and the like. There were 270 some odd Violent Criminals sent back to prison for trying to obtain firearms illegally. Just counting the Violent Criminals that tried to get guns so they could continue their old way of life (they were on parole of all things) just how many lives were saved? Tell me again that background checks don't work. If it gets 270 convicted violent felons back off the street then it's working.

Nonsense. Those 270 likely were just mistaken and likely should not have been sent back to prison. No convicted felon would bother filling out the forms and applying the finger prints if they actually knew they were a convicted felon.
There is absolutely no way you can ever prevent anyone from getting a weapon, easily. For example, all drug dealers always have to be armed because they have to carry large sums of cash, and can't ever call the police or put the cash in the bank. So then anyone wanting a weapon just has to offer a drug dealer they know, enough money.
Most people want guns to defend themselves, not to commit crimes, but clearly if they intend to commit serious crimes, the minor gun purchase punishment will not at all deter them.

Don't you find it even a little bit objectionable that we would create a 2 tiered society where rights are equal, and suddenly someone convicted of a minor pot possession felony is no longer allowed to vote, defend themselves, etc.? How can people not all have the same rights? Rights are supposed to be inherent to all individuals, and not something granted by government, like a privilege.

You can't stand it that it actually works. That's 270 violent people taken off the streets. And countless others that could not gain access to guns easily that were prevented from getting guns. Sounds like one hell of a success story.

You keep bringing up the Professional Criminal. Newsflash, Cupcake: most of the guns they have were purchased from areas without background checks and shipped in. These guns were purchased legally until they were transported into, say, Chicago, and illegally sold there on the black market. That has been proven. Until a couple of years ago, the major contributor to Chicago Gang guns were inside the state of Illinois until the went to the universal background checks. Now, it's from the surround states that have the loopholes. There are people making a damned good living buying guns legally in private sales including gun shows, transporting them to the inner cities and selling them to illegal gun dealers there. Why? Because it's easy and the only places that it's illegal is the point of destination. We want to make it hard, not easy. You scream about criminals with guns and yet you want to block the one thing that makes it harder for them to obtain these weapons. You aren't making a whole hell of sense and more states are going to universal background checks because they know you are just lying out your ass.

So what's it like with your head up your ass 24/7?

At least it's my ass. Your's is up someone elses ass.

Daryl Hunt lives in Leftardia, not America.

He might would be more at home in Venezuela, shilling for Maduro n shit.

Let's see. I don't own guns because you say I don't
I am afraid of guns because you say I am

Newsflash, cupcake: If those are the criteria for a lefttard then I failed. The World may end now. Just because you say it doesn't make it true. Actually, the fact you say it probably means you are just making shit up again.

I will say this, if you are threatening the safety of the public whether it be your own family or others because you have guns, you damn straight, skippy, that I want your guns removed from your control. If you aren't then it's no one elses business as long as it's within the laws. Let's see if I want to confiscate your guns, are you threatening the well being of the public? If so, you betcha, you shouldn't have your guns, or knives or even heavy toasters. If not, nevermind. Does that clear thing up in your mind now or does it take a wall safe dropped on you to put a little common sense into that noggen.

Historically, registration precludes confiscation.

It's none of the government's business what weapons people have.

To keep them guessing is to keep the people free.

Guns are already registered. They are registered each time they are purchased or sold by license gun dealers. At some point, all guns, with very few exceptions, have gone that route for many, many decades. It appears that gun registration is already here. But to what degree becomes the question. Since background checks have been around for at least 20 years and no steps have been made for universal gun registration, I guess that gets filed in the same basket that "They are coming for all our guns" routine. In the round file 13 one. No one is buying that fear tactic anymore. It's just shoveling more shit and making shit up.

But I have to remember, according to you I am afraid of guns, don't have guns and don't want anyone else to have guns either. Just because you say so.

Guns are already registered. They are registered each time they are purchased or sold by license gun dealers. At some point, all guns, with very few exceptions, have gone that route for many, many decades. It appears that gun registration is already here. But to what degree becomes the question. Since background checks have been around for at least 20 years and no steps have been made for universal gun registration, I guess that gets filed in the same basket that "They are coming for all our guns" routine. In the round file 13 one. No one is buying that fear tactic anymore. It's just shoveling more shit and making shit up.

But I have to remember, according to you I am afraid of guns, don't have guns and don't want anyone else to have guns either. Just because you say so.

Bubba, there's no way for the government to know I have what I have, maybe 1 gun shows. It's none of their business, anyways.

Bubba, there's no way for the government to know I have what I have, maybe 1 gun shows. It's none of their business, anyways.

Cupcake, you keep saying that over and over if it makes you fell all warm and fuzzy all over.

Cupcake, you keep saying that over and over if it makes you fell all warm and fuzzy all over.

Ask me how I know you're not an American?

Ask me how I know you're not an American?

Why. You already say that I don't own guns, I am afraid of guns, I am a libitard. At least allow me to think that you can keep at least one thing correct. If I ask you, you will be batting one hundred percent talking out your ass.

Forum List

Back