Universal Background check laws in Colorado, Washington and Nevada, as useless as predicted....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
We told you Universal background checks would be as useless as current, federally mandated background checks are......but you morons went ahead anyway...and achieved nothing.....

Gun-control measures in Colorado and Washington about as effective as you'd expect - Hot Air

The Guardian reports on curiously limited research published in the medical journal Injury Prevention that calculated the impact of harsher state-based background check requirements.

The study concludes that in Colorado, Washington, and Nevada, the laws had little effect on increasing the number of background checks:

In Colorado and Washington state, advocates spent millions of dollars, and two Colorado Democrats lost their seats, in the effort to pass laws requiring criminal background checks on every single gun sale.

More than three years later, researchers have concluded that the new laws had little measurable effect, probably because citizens simply decided not to comply and there was a lack of enforcement by authorities.

The results of the new study, conducted by some of America’s most well-respected gun violence researchers, is a setback for a growing gun control movement that has centered its national strategy on precisely the kind of state laws passed in Colorado and Washington. A third, smaller state, Delaware, passed a background check law around the same time and did see increases in the number of background checks conducted, the study found. But a similar background-check law in Nevada passed in 2016 has also run into political hurdles and has never been enforced.

The article from the Guardian...

Gun laws that cost millions had little effect because they weren't enforced

In Colorado and Washington state, advocates spent millions of dollars, and two Colorado Democrats lost their seats, in the effort to pass laws requiring criminal background checks on every single gun sale.

More than three years later, researchers have concluded that the new laws had little measurable effect, probably because citizens simply decided not to comply and there was a lack of enforcement by authorities.

The results of the new study, conducted by some of America’s most well-respected gun violence researchers, is a setback for a growing gun control movement that has centered its national strategy on precisely the kind of state laws passed in Colorado and Washington.

And the real reason they want universal background checks.....they want to create more opportunities to turn law abiding gun owners into criminals.....for simple paperwork crimes.....crimes that will strip those law abiding people of their 2nd Amendment Rights, and their guns....

“If I’m an advocate pushing for one of these laws, [I would ask]: ‘What can I do to maximize the opportunities for enforcement? Does that mean funding for law enforcement, for augmenting the activities of an enforcement unit?”

Another approach, Wintemute said, would be focusing on education, “to assertively remind private party sellers that background checks on their buyers is required, and that not having that background check done is a crime, and it potentially exposes them to a much more serious risk if a crime is committed with that gun”.

Last edited:
God damn states rights.

Where are you from please?

And why the focus on the USA's government?
Because 2awouldbeguy's focus and arguments are american govt oriented, byt ou know that.

But you are always criticizing the corruption, waste, fraud, graft and inefficieny in our government - which I agree with.

Here, born and raised, spent some time in europe in the 80's.

God damn states rights.

Because 2awouldbeguy's focus and arguments are american govt oriented, byt ou know that.

But you are always criticizing the corruption, waste, fraud, graft and inefficieny in our government - which I agree with.

Gew up in the same county as Rush Limbaugh.

God damn states rights.
No one is saying that the states can’t do what they want(except progressives), that’s the way it should be. Of course the federal government disregards the 10th amendment.
Enforce the current laws, they’re already background checks with every retail firearm purchase.
Firearm ownership is none of the federal government business… Fact

God damn states rights.

He won’t say where he’s from, sounds like a snowflake to me… LOL

Who Jimmy? I just did.

Who Jimmy? I just did.

I am no snowflake bros.

Who Jimmy? I just did.

I am no snowflake bros.
Not sure what he's blathering on about. I was addressing the "won’t say where he’s from" bit.

Forum List

Back