United we stand, Divided we fall?!?!?

Are we all Americans?

• Yes

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ummm.. Nope.. We need healthcare reform.. Most of america want it.. Healthcare should not be a for profit industry..

Healthcare is a right of all americans is it not??

National defense is an enumerated power. Healthcare is not.

And no... it's not a "right" either.

Isn't the Defense Department budget long over due for consideration as to what's wasteful and what's not?

As soon as you shitcan the Obamacare Bill we can talk about defense spending. Fair enough?

Ummm.. Nope.. We need healthcare reform.. Most of america want it.. Healthcare should not be a for profit industry..

Notice the immediate deflection to healthcare reform vice Obama's 2 trillion dollar debt bomb waiting to go off.

No one's arguing we don't need healthcare reform..we DON'T NEED ANOTHER 10 TRILLION DOLLARS OF DEBT OVER THE NEXT 10 YEARS!!!!!

WHEN WILL YOU CLOWNS GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEADS!!!!

No shit.

STOP THE GODDAM WASTEFUL SPENDING
Isn't the Defense Department budget long over due for consideration as to what's wasteful and what's not?

As soon as you shitcan the Obamacare Bill we can talk about defense spending. Fair enough?
So, in order to cut wasteful spending in the DoD, we have to do without health care? Walk us through this so it makes sense to anyone other than a Conservative.

Remember the RIGHT TO LIFE part of this governments documents?

Healthcare is a life and death issue.

Article I, Section 8 tells us specifically what powers Congress has to tax and spend.

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" is from the Declaration of Independence... which does NOT grant specific powers to Congress to tax and spend.

p.s. Remember that your "unalienable rights", guaranteed in the Bill of Rights, are regarding what government cannot do TO you... not what it will do FOR you. You don't have a right to another citizen's purse in order to prolong your own life. You do have a right that he not kill you without due process.

Last edited:

Where does abortion fall out on that spectrum?

Wait a second, so "right to life" means you give the government your health care proxy? Yeah?

So, in order to cut wasteful spending in the DoD, we have to do without health care? Walk us through this so it makes sense to anyone other than a Conservative.

You don't have to do without health care... all you have to do is pay for it

Isn't that the crux of the issue? If we could afford health care, if that health care insurance delivered on its promises, if that health care was not eliminated because it was needed, we wouldn't have to debate the issue.

But, since the "free" market has to be preserved before the health of the citizens, we constantly worry about the vagaries of the insurance industry and their profit motive making decisions that doctors should be making.

Isn't that the crux of the issue? If we could afford health care, if that health care insurance delivered on its promises, if that health care was not eliminated because it was needed, we wouldn't have to debate the issue.

But, since the "free" market has to be preserved before the health of the citizens, we constantly worry about the vagaries of the insurance industry and their profit motive making decisions that doctors should be making.

So because you cannot afford something that is your personal want, personal responsibility, or personal need, then someone else owes it to you??

What about food?? Is that owed?
What about housing?? Is that owed?
What about sex? Is that owed?

Debate the issue with your own responsibility, your own advancement, your own earning... It is not about the free market, but about personal responsibility.. and the FREEDOMS we have are what is to be preserved.. and quite frankly, you do not have the right to infringe on my freedom to have my own personal property that is not confiscated by you or the government for your personal needs or wants

What are you...stupid? No ones arguing we don't need healthcare reform...we are saying we, as in the majority of Americans, don't want Obamacare as it stands today. Got that?

Why can't you afford healthcare?

So because you cannot afford something that is your personal want, personal responsibility, or personal need, then someone else owes it to you??

What about food?? Is that owed?
What about housing?? Is that owed?
What about sex? Is that owed?

Debate the issue with your own responsibility, your own advancement, your own earning... It is not about the free market, but about personal responsibility.. and the FREEDOMS we have are what is to be preserved.. and quite frankly, you do not have the right to infringe on my freedom to have my own personal property that is not confiscated by you or the government for your personal needs or wants

Sex and food fall under the "Pursuit of happiness" clause, I'm sure sex does, food, maybe not so much

The fact this poll is 9-9 is a bit disturbing.

I do wish the OP had made it a visible poll. I'd like to see which members of USMB think someone isn't a "real american" simply because they don't agree with them.

Abortion? The bottom line here is that it is currently legal.. Roe V. Wade made it legal and that is the current law of the land.. So to hold a current healthcare bill back because of funding for abortion is stupid.. It is the law, and that is the way it is..
But it wasn't always law. So, now that it's law and you agree with you, you can't argue with it. If abortion wasn't the law, can you honestly say that "abortion is against the law so we need to live with it." Sure doesn't sound like it to me.

Obama?? What has this person done to any of you to deserve your hatred and disrespect? He is your president and that is the simple truth.. It is your duty as an american to do anything you can to help him and this government to succeed.. If our government succeeds, then we succeed.. Lower taxes isn't the solution for everything.. That isn't to say that raising them is either.. But our government can't run on air.. It needs funding..
What has Obama done? Oversaw the ringing up of trillions in more debt that will fall upon future generations. Pursued policy that is damaging to the economy and makes life harder for the tax paying American. Kinda hard to support someone who's actions you don't approve of, isn't it? Once again, i find it hard to believe that you would've said this when Bush was the president.

Religion is a major issue inour nation.. As the line on most issues can be drawn right down religious lines..
Religion is an issue?

The facts of the matter are this.. This nation was never created with the intent of being a christian nation.. Most of our founding fathers were not christian.. They came here looking for religious freedom.. The very first amendment gives all of us that freedom.. That amendment does something else as well.. It seperates church and state.. A government simply can't govern a people of many religions unless the government is free from all religions..

We are all americans..

Some of us are conservative and some are liberals..

Some of us are christian and some of us are not..

But we are all americans.. It is time we start acting like it..

What say you?
:cool:
I say that you're basically trying to basically trying to say "if you don't agree with me, then you're part of the problem" in a nice, patriotic way.

I do wish the OP had made it a visible poll. I'd like to see which members of USMB think someone isn't a "real american" simply because they don't agree with them.
Maybe the people who said we aren't all Americans said that because we're not; there are people from other countries that post here.

In America, the ones who are citizens at least, are all Americans with different opinions. I don't see how advocating that a certain group of people change their opinion arbitrarily is American though.

Maybe the people who said we aren't all Americans said that because we're not; there are people from other countries that post here.

In America, the ones who are citizens at least, are all Americans with different opinions. I don't see how advocating that a certain group of people change their opinion arbitrarily is American though.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about America and not USMB.

If we are talking about USMB, then obviously we're not all Americans.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about America and not USMB.

If we are talking about USMB, then obviously we're not all Americans.

Hell, I'm not even sure we're all human. After reading some posts, I'd swear they were written by a spider monkey banging away on a keyboard.

Hell, I'm not even sure we're all human. After reading some posts, I'd swear they were written by a spider monkey banging away on a keyboard.

That's insan-

$040721_monkey_vmed_2p.widec.jpg

Nvm..

Monkey apes humans by walking on two legs - Science- msnbc.com

I actually considered making it visible.. I didn't out of fear that people would not participate and not show a true response to the questions..

I agree.. It is disturbing.. Worse than I had feared..

New Topics

Forum List

Back