united states postal service awareness

I think it needs to be restructured, not abandoned.
That's a great idea. I love the USPS, but it needs a facelift to keep up with the times. They've been in the communications business since Ben Franklin, and imho, we could use their experience in everything. That way if one area of communication fails, the other areas can and will pick it up in the event of a national emergency. We even need to keep pidgeon handlers' education alive in case of failures in (1) the national electrical grid, (2) electronic communications (3) severe gas shortages/interruptions. Trained postal workers have a very good handle on the order of things as well as why communications are absolutely fundamental in time of emergencies.

That's a great idea. I love the USPS, but it needs a facelift to keep up with the times. They've been in the communications business since Ben Franklin, and imho, we could use their experience in everything. That way if one area of communication fails, the other areas can and will pick it up in the event of a national emergency. We even need to keep pidgeon handlers' education alive in case of failures in (1) the national electrical grid, (2) electronic communications (3) severe gas shortages/interruptions. Trained postal workers have a very good handle on the order of things as well as why communications are absolutely fundamental in time of emergencies.

we do?......Becki im a Mail Man not a Community Organizer......:lol:

postal employees are normally just nasty to the public.....i could easily go with mail every other day.....i remember when the mail man was an enjoyable figure .....he would check on people etc...not anymore...they are rude and think they are doing you a favor by explaining anything to you....fuck em

From what I understand, the Post Office delivers packages for FedEx and UPS in rural areas. They should simply raise their fees for doing this.

If USPS goes down, mailing packages is going to become a lot more expensive.
I just sent a 50 lb. espresso machine on a 250 mile trip to have it serviced.Cost ? $3. Public bus. It was there in 4 hours.

i work for the us postal service and i would like to make the public and congress aware of certain points, first the postal service is not funded by tax dollars it is supported by its own revenue, through serving the public with varieties of mail processing.
as most know the postal service is in financial stress today mainly because of modern times, electronic mail, however congress can help the postal service by allowing them to stop investing money in the retirement system for a while, the postal service has over invested so much that it has put a financial strain as well, also congress needs to allow the postal service to stop sat. delivery across the us this will save mega bucks on fuel alone.
also the post master general needs to put a halt on supervisors using postal revenue for lunches and dinners, you bring it or you buy it, no free lunch, also bonuses for supervisors needs to stop, someone makes 60k to 75k a year giving them bonuses for doing their job is ridiculous, and i may be conserative on some yearly salarys.
also the ps needs a clause to limit workers to age 65, you have people working late 60s 70 up to 80 and believe it or not 90, give a young person a job or allow the ps to save, thank you.

I wrote to the Postmaster General last year with an idea I thought could help out with their funding problems. I suggested that they take the opportunity to offer stamps as an advertising tool as a novel way to finance the making of the stamps and encourage stamp collectors to start another collection of novel sort of collection. Even if the stamps could be used as coupons for 50 cents off a products, it just may worth a billion in advertising dollars to Proctor and Gamble, Kraft and othert big advertisers while "Helping their Country."

The idea was dismissed, although the response was very nice. They save the stamps to depict Historical events or people. I may suggest the financial floundering of the Postal Service is a historical event.

postal employees are normally just nasty to the public.....i could easily go with mail every other day.....i remember when the mail man was an enjoyable figure .....he would check on people etc...not anymore...they are rude and think they are doing you a favor by explaining anything to you....fuck em

postal employees are normally just nasty to the public....

ALL of them?.....you just have a shitty carrier......or you dont have a regular.....everyone i work with will tell someone to check up on an Elderly person or a Wheelchair bound person if their mail isnt getting picked up......people dont tip you at Christmas time because your "nasty" to them....and believe me, some of them get tipped pretty dam good.....when i am off a week or so i have people driving by i have never seen before yelling out.....i am sure glad your back,your sub sucked............

Last edited:
i work for the us postal service and i would like to make the public and congress aware of certain points, first the postal service is not funded by tax dollars it is supported by its own revenue, through serving the public with varieties of mail processing.
as most know the postal service is in financial stress today mainly because of modern times, electronic mail, however congress can help the postal service by allowing them to stop investing money in the retirement system for a while, the postal service has over invested so much that it has put a financial strain as well, also congress needs to allow the postal service to stop sat. delivery across the us this will save mega bucks on fuel alone.
also the post master general needs to put a halt on supervisors using postal revenue for lunches and dinners, you bring it or you buy it, no free lunch, also bonuses for supervisors needs to stop, someone makes 60k to 75k a year giving them bonuses for doing their job is ridiculous, and i may be conserative on some yearly salarys.
also the ps needs a clause to limit workers to age 65, you have people working late 60s 70 up to 80 and believe it or not 90, give a young person a job or allow the ps to save, thank you.

I wrote to the Postmaster General last year with an idea I thought could help out with their funding problems. I suggested that they take the opportunity to offer stamps as an advertising tool as a novel way to finance the making of the stamps and encourage stamp collectors to start another collection of novel sort of collection. Even if the stamps could be used as coupons for 50 cents off a products, it just may worth a billion in advertising dollars to Proctor and Gamble, Kraft and othert big advertisers while "Helping their Country."

The idea was dismissed, although the response was very nice. They save the stamps to depict Historical events or people. I may suggest the financial floundering of the Postal Service is a historical event.

thats been talked about for years.....there is too much opposition for that to happen.....and not from the PO.....they are the ones who originally brought it up....they cant even get an ok to advertise on their vehicles or in their offices....

I'm all for shutting it down but not in any way offering a private service to take over for it. Then my service goes way way down. I like the service I have now. I want my mailmen paid very very well. You can bet a private company is going to try and offer less. That is insulting for the service I am provided.

I disagree, my mailman's great. I've met his kids. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

He helped me catch my cat once, when he ran out the door.

we do?......Becki im a Mail Man not a Community Organizer......:lol:
Uh, dummies don't pass the postal service exam. They could be challenged to do more national security stuff than they already do in cooperating with Homeland Security. It's not personal. Just sayin' :eusa_whistle:

From what I understand, the Post Office delivers packages for FedEx and UPS in rural areas. They should simply raise their fees for doing this.

If USPS goes down, mailing packages is going to become a lot more expensive.

From what I understand, the Post Office delivers packages for FedEx and UPS in rural areas.
not just in the rural areas.....i deliver Packages for Fed Ex just about every day......but the 3 delivery giants all seem to work together now doing things for each other.....for Fed-X flying all the PO's First Class Mail the PO allows them to put their Collection Boxes at PO sites......UPS and the PO have a Parcel deal where we will deliver and pick up each others Parcels if requested by each other OR the Customer.....
Doesn't UPS charge twice as much, though? If I send a package UPS and the PO delivers it, didn't I just get ripped off?

I find that ups is FAR cheaper than USPS 90 percent of the time.

Really, the USPS cant 'go away' as a few posters suggested for the reasons that some others have pointed out: it is SPECIFICALLY called for in the constitution. That alone is enough for the post office to not only continue but to have tax monies invested when it is having troubles.

The changes in the OP are a start though. I don't see why delivering every day is such a big deal. There is no reason that Sat can't be dropped from the routs. Also, removing not only the current leadership but also unchaining them from congressional micro management would go far in helping them. I understand major changes but congress gets far too involved in the day to day workings of the PO. They even name the damn things. Why???

Forum List

Back