United States investing millions to refurbish mosques as a good-will effort

Islam is a religion that stands for everything you on the left are against. Why do you help them?
Bush was on the left? Obama was on the left? They both took the same sort of positions in foreign policy i.e. toppling foreign regimes, rewarding Muslim friends and turning a blind eye to human rights abuses when it suited them. If I remember didn't the Bush administration ignore Russian abuses in Chechnya in the name of the 'war on terror'.

Humanitarian aid to foreignors - billion$

Preserving some historically significant mosques --million$

Witnessing these witless haters get their panties all in a bunch over it --pricele$$

:lol:

The State Department is sending millions of dollars to save mosques overseas.
Seriously, I could not make this shit up............
Think of it as a Taxpayer funded "This Old Mosque"

Just a cursory search of the term “mosque” on the State Department’s list of “projects” reveals 26 examples of federal funds going to fund construction, renovation, and rehabilitation of various mosques abroad. The benefiting countries include Bulgaria, Pakistan, Mali, Tunisia, Afghanistan, Benin, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Albania, Egypt, Tunisia, the Maldives, Yemen, Turkmenistan, Tanzania, Uganda, Azerbaijan, Sudan, Serbia and Montenegro.

The U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) — which is putting millions toward “heritage preservation” projects in the developing world — financed mosque-related projects in all the aforementioned countries.

Investigation Finds Obama Financing Mosques Worldwide With U.S. Taxpayer Dollars « Pat Dollard

and it seems it has been going on for awhile now
State Dept. Funds Mosque Rehab
State Dept. Funds Mosque Rehab
I hate to tell you this but bush did it also.

Bush wasn't all bad.

obama continues bush plan

Why should the United States help refurb any building not in the United States?
US Tax Payers should not have to rebuild any building outside our borders, especially when a number of historical buildings in the United States need repair.
So now, the United States not only has to play the role of Policeman of the World, we also have to be the Maintenance People of the world and according to some here it would be racist not to be.

Last edited:
US Tax Payers should not have to rebuild any building outside our borders, especially when a number of historical buildings in the United States need repair.
So now, the United States not only has to play the role of Policeman of the World, we also have to be the Maintenance People of the world and according to some here it would be racist not to be.

Every developed nation is involved in these kind of projects, and I think it is a nice way of contributing to a better planet at often minimal cost.

Why you would think the US was thus the Maintenance Man of the world I have no idea.

Every developed nation is involved in these kind of projects, and I think it is a nice way of contributing to a better planet at often minimal cost.

Why you would think the US was thus the Maintenance Man of the world I have no idea.

This is all well and good, but why should the American taxpayer be put on the hook to refurbish buildings, landmarks, etc in other countries where the local populace doesn't care about them? You want to repair a church, temple, mosque, doghouse, outhouse in Timbuktu --- take up a collection.

This is all well and good, but why should the American taxpayer be put on the hook to refurbish buildings, landmarks, etc in other countries where the local populace doesn't care about them? You want to repair a church, temple, mosque, doghouse, outhouse in Timbuktu --- take up a collection.

It isn't the US taxpayer - it is the entire developed world.

It's worth keeping in mind that the US give less per capita than almost any other country!!

In a country where the average inome is €150 per YEAR, a collection won't help.

6506980059_1d42df6b20_b-300x188.jpg

Lifecycle cost of single f-22: $469 million.

Seems like a good financial judgment to me.

Money well spent when you consider it keeps American pilot's lives intact, and protects our, and our Allies interest's abroad. Mosques... Not so much.

It's worth keeping in mind that the US give less per capita than almost any other country!!

And who does the developed World call upon when their interest's are threatened? The United States. We'll kick the door in, but it's your responsibility to fix the door when the smoke clears... It's only fair.

And who does the developed World call upon when their interest's are threatened? The United States. We'll kick the door in, but it's your responsibility to fix the door when the smoke clears... It's only fair.

Are...you mean like the developed world called the US into Viet Nam, Somalia, Iraq or Korea?

Do try and think thing through before you post them.

Valerie Jarret is pushing for food stamps and for extending their unemployment insurance.
Nancy Pelosi approves because she knows what a tremendous lift it gave our economy and
how it led to the US leading the World economy....

One of these days the Libs will wake up from their kool aid induced Obama zombie like trance.

I beg to differ. We are talking about the American Taxpayer here.

First off, The US give less per capita than almost any other country to whom, for what?
Be more specific here. Keep in mind the US doesn't have to give a dime. Be lucky for what you get.

Then it seems that repair cost would be cheaper since the labor would be cheaper.

Desperado -

I had thought it wa fairly clear - but the US is amongt the lowest donors of overseas development aid in the western world.

The US does not pull its weight in this area, it is as simple as that.

Desperado -

I had thought it wa fairly clear - but the US is amongt the lowest donors of overseas development aid in the western world.

The US does not pull its weight in this area, it is as simple as that.

The bottom line is Does the US donate more than one dollar?
If the answer is yes, than the US is doing more than it is legally required to do.

Forum List

Back