United Nations To Appoint Ambassador To Space Aliens For First Contact

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
It's true. Her name is Mazlan Othman from Malaysia and she will be the one to greet extraterrestrials and welcome them to earth. I just wonder what her salary will be. Do any of you find that this is shows the UN is out of its element?

UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens | News.com.au

RTEmagicC_othman.jpg.jpg

THE United Nations was set today to appoint an obscure Malaysian astrophysicist to act as Earth's first contact for any aliens that may come visiting.
Mazlan Othman, the head of the UN's little-known Office for Outer Space Affairs (Unoosa), is to describe her potential new role next week at a scientific conference at the Royal Society’s Kavli conference centre in Buckinghamshire.

She is scheduled to tell delegates that the recent discovery of hundreds of planets around other stars has made the detection of extraterrestrial life more likely than ever before - and that means the UN must be ready to coordinate humanity’s response to any “first contact

Last edited:
Whoopie, UN chooses a volunteer to be first in line for the rectal probe. I don't know. Seems right up their alley. (and as useful as anything else they do day to day) Best luck with all that, however...

keep in mind it does not always go well. :tongue:

MarsAttacks.jpg

• Banned
What gets me is the first person of the Earth appointed to meet Aliens is a Muslim. That is a slap in the white european Americans who actually achieved the feat of going to the moon.

Last edited:
They should have appointed Terral.

I would have thought they'd appoint Dennis Kucinich.

And why does this womans religion matter? It's not like aliens are actually going to come visit her.

Last edited:
It's true. Her name is Mazlan Othman from Malaysia and she will be the one to greet extraterrestrials and welcome them to earth. I just wonder what her salary will be. Do any of you find that this is shows the UN is out of its element?

UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens | News.com.au

RTEmagicC_othman.jpg.jpg

THE United Nations was set today to appoint an obscure Malaysian astrophysicist to act as Earth's first contact for any aliens that may come visiting.
Mazlan Othman, the head of the UN's little-known Office for Outer Space Affairs (Unoosa), is to describe her potential new role next week at a scientific conference at the Royal Society’s Kavli conference centre in Buckinghamshire.

She is scheduled to tell delegates that the recent discovery of hundreds of planets around other stars has made the detection of extraterrestrial life more likely than ever before - and that means the UN must be ready to coordinate humanity’s response to any “first contact
Too ugly to be an appetizer, she will have to make do as being a treat for the aliens pet blob. :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back