United Health Trimming Involvment in ObamaCare

Your shared responsibility is nothing more than the fiction they call a social contract......

I agree we need to help people. The foolish POV taken by the far left is that somehow you'll get this done and everything will be great.

Most "single payer" markets actually have private systems too.

What does that tell you ?
Like the Mayflower, the US Constitution with the Bill of Rights.

ROTFLMAO....

Please make the case.

The Constitution creates a limited federal government. Not a nanny state.

Or you can point me to the place it says as much (and spare me the General Welfare Clause....everyone with a brain knows how that one works).
A "limited federal government."

Now let us argue over the limits.

Good god some of you people are odd, or is that limited in your ability to grasp the basic? Not sure.

Did you forget to put your argument in there ?

(A) I don't have the time or the inclination to read every thread on this board
(B) Most of what I've seen in this forum is folks like Greenbeard and Care4All and Flopper et al. presenting solid data, and the other side throwing tantrums, and
(C) I listened to you, didn't I? :p

No, you didn't. That's why I consider you a troll. You deliberately ignore my proposals and arguments in favor of the usual partisan talking points and deliberate fallacy. I have no use for it

The post above is a perfect example. I made three claims, first that separating government and business is actually a progression in liberal democracy, and not a 'return' to anything. Second, my accurate appraisal of the form of government you advocate as corporatism, a form of fascism.

And third, I responded to your demonstrably false claim that you're all ears when it comes to alternatives to state intervention. You're not.

Typically, you chose to respond only to the tedious personal dispute - over whether I have proposed alternatives and whether you have listened. This is, of course, utterly irrelevant, but it's par for the course. You ignore important concepts and ideas in favor of petty personal sparring.

(A) I don't have the time or the inclination to read every thread on this board
(B) Most of what I've seen in this forum is folks like Greenbeard and Care4All and Flopper et al. presenting solid data, and the other side throwing tantrums, and
(C) I listened to you, didn't I? :p

No, you didn't. That's why I consider you a troll. You deliberately ignore my proposals and arguments in favor of the usual partisan talking points and deliberate fallacy. I have no use for it

The post above is a perfect example. I made three claims, first that separating government and business is actually a progression in liberal democracy, and not a 'return' to anything. Second, my accurate appraisal of the form of government you advocate as corporatism, a form of fascism.

And third, I responded to your demonstrably false claim that you're all ears when it comes to alternatives to state intervention. You're not.

Typically, you chose to respond only to the tedious personal dispute - over whether I have proposed alternatives and whether you have listened. This is, of course, utterly irrelevant, but it's par for the course. You ignore important concepts and ideas in favor of petty personal sparring.

So, at first, your post followed mine with no quote...so I though I am confused here.

Then I hit reply and guess what popped up ? Aironheads little gem.

Greenbeard, Care4All and Flopper post what they see as relevant to the current situation.

Greenbeard has openly admitted that the administration has failed on just about every promise.

No solid data has been provided that in any way support a future looking projection. In fact, Greenbeard's posts, as of late, seem a bit lackluster.

If she still follows the same MO, then the stupid little deflections are pretty much the bulk of what she does.

My guess is that she'll respond to this even though she knows I won't read it.

Now, that's stupid.

Another major health insurer is scaling back operations in ObamaCare due to unsustainable costs. This is, of course, the inevitable result that those of us who didn't drink the Messiah's Kool-Aid told everyone would happen.

It's also the predictable ploy of any industry who depends on government policy for its profits.

As the insurance industry as a whole has done for decades. That you've just learned about it doesn't make it "new."

Fuck off, troll. I've known about this for years. But I think we should work to separate business and government, not merge them further.

Oops...knew what was behind this.

I second your motion......

Others are warning that losses are reaching dangerous levels.

But everything is O.K.

You can't spend 8500 per person and not have incredible insurance premiums.

You deliberately ignore my proposals and arguments in favor of the usual partisan talking points and deliberate fallacy.

You seem to have confused "disagreeing" with "ignoring."

I'm not ignoring your points; I'm debating them. If all you want is agreement, I can't help you.

You deliberately ignore my proposals and arguments in favor of the usual partisan talking points and deliberate fallacy.

I'm not ignoring your points; I'm debating them. If all you want is agreement, I can't help you.

The reason I come to USMB is to debate ideas with intelligent people who disagree with me. I haven't noticed you debating, and that's what's frustrating. You mostly seem interested in a PR campaign.

The reason I come to USMB is to debate ideas with intelligent people who disagree with me. I haven't noticed you debating, and that's what's frustrating. You mostly seem interested in a PR campaign.

I keep telling you.....she won't.

It appears she can't.

She appeals to posters like Greenbeard and appears to have some kind of worship complex even though Greenbeard has been hammered on several occasions.

Next, you have the deflection...which is I finally decided it wasn't worth wading through her bulls**t. Never address the key points as they've been presented. Dim them or ignore them.

Another major health insurer is scaling back operations in ObamaCare due to unsustainable costs. This is, of course, the inevitable result that those of us who didn't drink the Messiah's Kool-Aid told everyone would happen.

UnitedHealth, the nation's biggest health insurer, will cut its participation in public health insurance exchanges to only a handful of states next year after expanding to nearly three dozen for this year.

CEO Stephen Hemsley said Tuesday that the company expects losses from its exchange business to total more than $1 billion for this year and last. He added that the company cannot continue to broadly serve the market created by the Affordable Care Act's coverage expansion due partly to the higher risk that comes with its customers.

News from The Associated Press

Well, you know.....they were not big players....

Wonder why ?

The right is stupid if they think they have a solution.

The left is stupid if they think the ACA is a solution.

Forum List

Back