united ceo regrets joining obamacare

If you want to offer counseling, start your own thread.

I'm not offering counseling. I thought you might be interested in having access to affordable health insurance.

Yes you are offering counseling.

Could you define "affordable" for us ?

Without knowing your income and number of people covered? Of course not. And I certainly wouldn't expect you to tell me that here.

All I can do is give you information like the link to this site: Subsidy Calculator Widget and encourage you to take responsibility for your own situation.

I have insurance...good insurance.

I am asking a question as a matter of generalities.

Who defines what is affordable and where do we get those definitions ?

The answer is individual, as in "What is affordable for you?"

You used the term "affordable".

When people tell you that they can't find something affordable, you tell them they are not looking hard enough.

How do you know what they are talking about ?

I'm not offering counseling. I thought you might be interested in having access to affordable health insurance.

Without knowing your income and number of people covered? Of course not. And I certainly wouldn't expect you to tell me that here.

All I can do is give you information like the link to this site: Subsidy Calculator Widget and encourage you to take responsibility for your own situation.

When people tell you that they can't find something affordable, you tell them they are not looking hard enough.

Because when I give them the links, some of them respond with "Fuck Obamacare, fuck Kaiser, fuck everybody!"

Which I'm inclined to translate as either "I refuse to click your links because I might find something that will save me $ and that will destroy my narrative" or "I might click your links but I'll never admit to it because I've been screaming about Obamacare for years and I don't want my friends to call me a pussy even if it saves me $."

I can't tell which is more commonplace.

Because when I give them the links, some of them respond with "Fuck Obamacare, fuck Kaiser, fuck everybody!"

Which I'm inclined to translate as either "I refuse to click your links because I might find something that will save me $ and that will destroy my narrative" or "I might click your links but I'll never admit to it because I've been screaming about Obamacare for years and I don't want my friends to call me a pussy even if it saves me $."

I can't tell which is more commonplace.

This reply is not an asnswer.

How can you tell me if my health insurance is affordable.

You seem to think you can set a bar and then reach it. What is your criteria ?

Start here and decide for yourself: Subsidy Calculator Widget

I am asking you.

You use the term affordable.

What does that mean ?

What's your annual income? What state do you live in? How many people will be covered by your health insurance?

Questions that you can answer privately at the link I posted or that you can post publicly here.

I wouldn't ask you to post them publicly here. I don't think you'd want to post them here.

But you're resisting posting them privately on the KFF site.

So what's the game?

Start here and decide for yourself: Subsidy Calculator Widget

I am asking you.

You use the term affordable.

What does that mean ?

What's your annual income? What state do you live in? How many people will be covered by your health insurance?

Questions that you can answer privately at the link I posted or that you can post publicly here.

I wouldn't ask you to post them publicly here. I don't think you'd want to post them here.

But you're resisting posting them privately on the KFF site.

So what's the game?

You keep use the term affordable. You keep asking people if they want help finding affordable insurance.

Are you admitting you have no definition of what that means.

And thus admitting that when you tell people they are not looking hard enough...you don't know what they are looking for ?

And thus admitting that when you tell people they are not looking hard enough...you don't know what they are looking for ?

I do not know each and every poster's individual circumstances. Nor, frankly, do I want to know.

If they are looking to possibly find a health insurance plan with a lower premium, I can point them at sites that may possibly help.

Why is that so difficult to understand?

Is it just because some here are so paranoid that if someone they'd previously labeled a liberal said "Watch out for that truck!" they'd step off the curb anyway because "You're not the boss of me"?

I do not know each and every poster's individual circumstances. Nor, frankly, do I want to know.

If they are looking to possibly find a health insurance plan with a lower premium, I can point them at sites that may possibly help.

Is it just because some here are so paranoid that if someone they'd previously labeled a liberal said "Watch out for that truck!" they'd step off the curb anyway because "You're not the boss of me"?

I'll keep an eye out for you and others who use the term affordable.

As in "Affordable Care Act" and keep asking.

You're looking for a one-size-fits-all answer. There isn't one.

Then maybe you should stop using the term.

Nope not taxed more but I'm paying 30% more for my benefits. All because of the ACA. The only winners in the ACA are those the rest of us will paying for with our tax dollars.

Okay, then, let's talk about your real issue. May I assume that your employer covered your health insurance in the past?

To those that pay, ACA is not affordable. United Health Care premiums have gone up a great deal over the last couple of years. (for those that pay).
Affordable would be to go back to the way it was before the leaches started having the working class pay their insurance along with everything else it takes for them to live.

Then maybe you should stop using the term.

Don't call a thing what it is? Yeah, that solves everything.

Nope not taxed more but I'm paying 30% more for my benefits. All because of the ACA. The only winners in the ACA are those the rest of us will paying for with our tax dollars.

Okay, then, let's talk about your real issue. May I assume that your employer covered your health insurance in the past?

To those that pay, ACA is not affordable. United Health Care premiums have gone up a great deal over the last couple of years. (for those that pay).
Affordable would be to go back to the way it was before the leaches started having the working class pay their insurance along with everything else it takes for them to live.

You're making the assumption that people who have signed on to their insurer via the marketplace sites are getting "free stuff." You couldn't be more wrong.

As for the leaches, they entered the market en masse in the 1980s. UHC was actually ahead of the curve, founded in 1977. I'd love to see them all pulled out by the roots, but that means single-payer.

You're making the assumption that people who have signed on to their insurer via the marketplace sites are getting "free stuff." You couldn't be more wrong.

As for the leaches, they entered the market en masse in the 1980s. UHC was actually ahead of the curve, founded in 1977. I'd love to see them all pulled out by the roots, but that means single-payer.
Free or greatly subsidized? is that better for you?
when I have to pay as much as I do and some leach on society gets better insurance for 60 bucks a month, I call that free. as in freeloading.
Going back to a responsibility driven insurance like we had prior to the give the worthless free stuff ACA, would not be pulling them out by the roots, and it would not mean single payer, what it would mean is simple, if you want it, pay for it.

Free or greatly subsidized? is that better for you?
when I have to pay as much as I do and some leach on society gets better insurance for 60 bucks a month, I call that free. as in freeloading.
Going back to a responsibility driven insurance like we had prior to the give the worthless free stuff ACA, would not be pulling them out by the roots, and it would not mean single payer, what it would mean is simple, if you want it, pay for it.

"Better"? Some of your cohort are arguing that "Obamacare means you get shitty health care." Y'all need to get on the same page.

From the OP:

The company had already eyed ObamaCare’s federal marketplace cautiously since it launched in 2013. UnitedHealth only began selling plans on the exchanges last year.

Now, UnitedHealth officials have said that move will result in a half-billion dollars in losses over two years.

How do you lose that much money in this ?

Forum List

Back