United Airlines, does it suck?

hipeter924

Not a zombie yet
May 5, 2009
Nowhere you can follow
Never traveled them before (meant to be run by Air New Zealand so should be marginally better service), but going to visit my parents in Maryland (Silver Spring to be exact), in this weather maybe not the best time.

I hate long-haul flights even with a few hour stop overs (first in Sydney then in San Fran) but I don't know anyone who loves them with the changing pattern of air flight being to squash people in more than ever before, and I prefer trains and walking myself. :eusa_eh:

Far as I can tell they ALL suck, now.

When I compare what flying used to be to what it is today?

I'd rather take a bus.

Nobody's "good" anymore, but there are others that suck a lot worse.

I'll never, ever fly American again. Not after my last three experiences with them. If no other flights are available I'll walk first.

Never traveled them before (meant to be run by Air New Zealand so should be marginally better service), but going to visit my parents in Maryland (Silver Spring to be exact), in this weather maybe not the best time.

I hate long-haul flights even with a few hour stop overs (first in Sydney then in San Fran) but I don't know anyone who loves them with the changing pattern of air flight being to squash people in more than ever before, and I prefer trains and walking myself. :eusa_eh:

I am a united 1K.

It depends on where you sit if it sucks or not. Try and get the best seat you can. Get economy plus if nothing else. The extra few inches will be worth it, especially on a long haul. Try asking for a exit row when you check in.They have reconfigured the 767's to pod seating for first and business and they are very nice. There is not much difference in the comfort level from first to business...but half of the business pod seats are backwards. The only difference is the menu they offer.

I am a united 1K.

It depends on where you sit if it sucks or not. Try and get the best seat you can. Get economy plus if nothing else. The extra few inches will be worth it, especially on a long haul. Try asking for a exit row when you check in.They have reconfigured the 767's to pod seating for first and business and they are very nice. There is not much difference in the comfort level from first to business...but half of the business pod seats are backwards. The only difference is the menu they offer.

Overall I didn't book it, my parents did, if I was booking myself then I would have flown Air New Zealand Premium Economy:
5386546361_accfa239e9.jpg

My favorite Airline is still Singapore however) but the way I see it, since it is likely economy it won't be nice...but saying that I have flown longhaul before and I have short stop overs in Sydney, San Fransisco,etc which should take some of the pressure off. I can't sleep on planes, unusual since I am a heavy sleeper (and I have tried sleeping pills).

Last edited:

I am a united 1K.

Overall I didn't book it, my parents did, if I was booking myself then I would have flown Air New Zealand Premium Economy (my favorite Airline is still Singapore however) but the way I see it, since it is likely economy it won't be nice...but saying that I have flown longhaul before and I have short stop overs in Sydney, San Fransisco,etc which should take some of the pressure off. I can't sleep on planes, unusual since I am a heavy sleeper (and I have tried sleeping pills).

when do you fly?

Try and find out what your seat assignment is. Ask for what you what. What is the worst that will happen, you don't get it. What is the best? You do get what you want. If your parents have booked you economy, spring for the upgrade. But do it now before it books out.

Yeah, if you're going all that way you'll at least want economy plus. I've done United Economy plus from the US to Europe - the extra inches are worth it.

Forum List

Back