Unions

Allied here in Memphis is pissed because they lose their pension, and they have to use a 401k that GASP!!!!! they have to contribute to their own plan.....damn those businesses!!!!!!!!!

Labor dispute could affect Memphis-area waste collection : Memphis Commercial Appeal

The biggest issue for workers is a company proposal to end the defined-benefit pension and replace it with a 401K plan.

Republicans Steel For A Loss In Trump Country Special Election | HuffPost

Republicans are anti union

Dwight Harris, 40, is a registered Republican who enthusiastically voted for Donald Trump and is largely satisfied with the choice he made.

Harris, a second-generation coal miner tired of people who feel “entitled” to government handouts, is exactly the kind of voter that Republican congressional candidates need to count on in a difficult election year.

But when a canvassing team from the United Steel Workers labor union knocked on Harris’ door on Thursday afternoon, Harris let them know that he was already planning to vote for Democrat Conor Lamb in Tuesday’s special congressional election.

The reason was simple: His union, the United Mine Workers of America, had informed him that Lamb supports bipartisan congressional legislation to plug the hole in the union’s troubled pension fund.

Republican Rick Saccone, on the other hand, “won’t even talk to our union at all about the pensions or anything,” Harris said.

That left Harris no choice but to go with Lamb, with whom he disagrees on other issues. “I can’t cut my own throat,” he said.

Forum List

Back