Unions to make a come back in America

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
Perhaps with this bill, the public servants will be able to establish unions to regain workers rights.

S.3194 - Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act of 2009
Declares that it is the purpose of this Act to provide collective bargaining rights for public safety officers employed by states or local governments. Directs the Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA) to determine whether a state substantially provides for specified rights and responsibilities for public safety officers, including: (1) granting public safety employees the right to form and join a labor organization which excludes management, supervisory, and confidential employees, and which is, or seeks to be, recognized as the exclusive bargaining agent for such employees; and (2) requiring public safety employers to recognize and agree to bargain with the employees' labor organization.

S. 3194 - Summary: Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

so what, I missed your commentary that sets the debate or are you just reposting news for the benefit of users of usmb.

Perhaps with this bill, the public servants will be able to establish unions to regain workers rights.

so what, I missed your commentary that sets the debate or are you just reposting news for the benefit of users of usmb.

Public servants are parasites that should be eliminated by privatizing the services of government.

end of debate.

More unions, more power to them, the same ones that put dozens of businesses OUT of Business by demanding outrageous benefits, sick leave and other bullshit that bled the companies dry?

The same unions that overcharge the consumer led by the the 'maifia like' leadership in them?

The same unions that have their own way of monetary redistribution,(from your pocket to theirs), High union rates etc way before Obama's agenda of income redistribution?

The same unions that grab your dues and live like kings and queens, while you walk the picket line in the dead of winter while one of the goons stops in his Lincoln Town car derby hat and big cigar? (from experience)

"F" the UNIONS, unless they can be controlled, capped and limited to reasonable rates, benefits and salaries for the members, and other monetary compensations that must fall in line with the average American salaries.

The other poor non-union employees, citizens of this country, who unions services are required in many cases, have to fork up more cash just to support the memberships and the goons in the lavish lifestyles and retirements they are accustomed to.

I am not saying "Down with Unions" entirely, I am saying they should be cost controlled and stop charging ridiculous rates for those who have no choice in many cases in using them.

This from a one time Union Member and never again relying on some goon to get me a raise or benefit, I and many others relied on our own professionalism and knowledge to achieve raises and bonuses, if the company happened to be 'unfair' then quit, there are many looking for dedicated employees that don't require the 'union crutch' to get ahead.

More unions, more power to them, the same ones that put dozens of businesses OUT of Business by demanding outrageous benefits, sick leave and other bullshit that bled the companies dry?

The same unions that overcharge the consumer led by the the 'maifia like' leadership in them?

The same unions that have their own way of monetary redistribution,(from your pocket to theirs), High union rates etc way before Obama's agenda of income redistribution?

The same unions that grab your dues and live like kings and queens, while you walk the picket line in the dead of winter while one of the goons stops in his Lincoln Town car derby hat and big cigar? (from experience)

"F" the UNIONS, unless they can be controlled, capped and limited to reasonable rates, benefits and salaries for the members, and other monetary compensations that must fall in line with the average American salaries.

The other poor non-union employees, citizens of this country, who unions services are required in many cases, have to fork up more cash just to support the memberships and the goons in the lavish lifestyles and retirements they are accustomed to.

I am not saying "Down with Unions" entirely, I am saying they should be cost controlled and stop charging ridiculous rates for those who have no choice in many cases in using them.

This from a one time Union Member and never again relying on some goon to get me a raise or benefit, I and many others relied on our own professionalism and knowledge to achieve raises and bonuses, if the company happened to be 'unfair' then quit, there are many looking for dedicated employees that don't require the 'union crutch' to get ahead.

I'll take "What is the Taft-Hartley Act" for $1,000 Alex. ;)

Declares that it is the purpose of this Act to provide collective bargaining rights for public safety officers employed by states or local governments. Directs the Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA) to determine whether a state substantially provides for specified rights and responsibilities for public safety officers, including: (1) granting public safety employees the right to form and join a labor organization which excludes management, supervisory, and confidential employees, and which is, or seeks to be, recognized as the exclusive bargaining agent for such employees; and (2) requiring public safety employers to recognize and agree to bargain with the employees' labor organization.

S. 3194 - Summary: Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

The problem with Unions is not that they are not legal, it's that they are obsolete.

If I make something and have factories in 10 countries, iof there is a union in one of those countries that makes the products uncompetitive, I'm pulling the plug in that country.

The reason that the unions for government workers are still thriving is that if Indiana wants to do business as a government, it must do so in Indiana. That said, there is no reason that it must do all the business in Indianapolis as opposed to say Evansville or South Bend.

E-commuting is a wonderful thing.

Sub contracting functions or selling off assets is, too. A toll road in northern Indiana was a money pit for years. It was sold at a price af 4 Billion and now has added another lane and is making money and generating tax revenue instead of costing tax dollars. Indiana, in passing, is running a budget in the black.

How might unions make a comeback?

If Obamacare is a loser and heavily controlled by government and companies want to shed the weight of this, maybe a union type of organization could group workers from various companies into unions of healthcare care pools.

Unions reborn due to government intervention.

Imagine the heights that healthcare costs could rise to with unions working in concert with government...

Exactly, Union manipulation has got to stop screwing the rest of America, we need politicians with enough GUTS to do what's right for ALL of America, unfortunately 'they' are a rare species today both in honesty and dedication to all, all but themselves and their 'pals' that is.

Exactly, Union manipulation has got to stop screwing the rest of America, we need politicians with enough GUTS to do what's right for ALL of America, unfortunately 'they' are a rare species today both in honesty and dedication to all, all but themselves and their 'pals' that is.

For two years the Statist Democrats and Obama have been in payback mode to the Unions. It's a shame the people stood up and began erecting a roadblock to anymore paybacks.

As long as it legal to hire scabs unionism is basically worthless.

As long as we allow FREE TRADE to continue, unionism is not a solution.

Faulty premise.

You must first show rights that the public servants have lost, that being a part of a union will restore.

(there are none)

Can you fill us in on what rights they've lost?

All this bill is, is an attempt to gut Right to Work state laws in the south, laws which have caused the south to grow due to better business climates and caused northern states to shrink due to hostile business climates.

Unions are dying because as someone already pointed out, they are obsolete and not needed today in most industries. Public employees should not be allowed to unionize. If private employees want to that's their privilege, but nobody should be forced to join.

This bill won't pass anyway with the Republicans controlling the House.

What rights have they lost???....What rights have the lost??!!!!

You got to be kidding!!

1) They have lost the right to work less and get paid more.
2) They have lost the right to get reinstated on the job after the 8th time they were fired for drinking on the job.
3) They have lost the right to control output speed on manufacturing lines if it makes them work too hard.
4) They have lost the right to have 4 - 15 minute breaks, 1 - 1 hour lunch, and 3 - 10 minute bathroom breaks.
5) They have lost the right to have double the people it takes to get the job done.
6) They have lost the right to have benefit packages that bankrupts the company they work for.
7) And finally - they have lost the right to drive industry out of America.

Public servants are parasites that should be eliminated by privatizing the services of government.

end of debate.
Ditto.

Adding that they're also the last employees on Earth that have any business unionizing.

Unions are for nothing else but for union DUES. They dont give a shit about the people.

The unions are how this country got to were we are now..... falling behind in the wold and people out of work.

Look at GM. Part of the bail out should have been the stipulation that no union would ever be allowed again.

Public servants should server the public, not the unions.

New Topics

Forum List

Back