Unions to attempt to shut down Mississippi River trade

I may have MULTIPLE stories of strikes confused. I just heard there are also threats of strikes along the coasts by dock workers.

I tried to google but too many differing stories of union strikes pops up. I'm doing estimates all day today so ill leave it up to you to determine if I got the stories mixed up. I'm sure someone on here with nothing better to do can straighten me out. I'll check in later to see if crow is on my dinner menu

I may have MULTIPLE stories of strikes confused. I just heard there are also threats of strikes along the coasts by dock workers.

I tried to google but too many differing stories of union strikes pops up. I'm doing estimates all day today so ill leave it up to you to determine if I got the stories mixed up. I'm sure someone on here with nothing better to do can straighten me out. I'll check in later to see if crow is on my dinner menu

The strike stories you're thinking of are the West Coast dock strike in October and the threatened East Coast dock strike next week.

The Mississippi barge men are not threatening a strike.

Anyone else hear the death rattle of the American private union?

Unions Warn Mississippi Shutdown Could Come Next Week

Unions Warn Mississippi Shutdown Could Come Next Week « CBS St. Louis

I never thought it possible, you're even dumber and more dishonest than I thought. Did you read the link you provided?

Better to have titled the thread: Bush policy threatens Commerce on the Mississippi, and have made the case that his refusal to acknowledge Climate Change is the cause of the lack of rain and low waters.

the "Global Warming" nuts are sure to appear.....
aka the "Climate Change" nuts.....
aka the "never let a crisis go to waste" nuts.......
aka they want to tax the hell out of everything nuts.....

droughts (not to mention floods) have happened before.....
much WORSE droughts than this i might add......
WAY BEFORE any taxable human activity occurred.....

When records of drought for the last two millennia are examined, the major 20th century droughts appear to be relatively mild in comparison with other droughts that occurred within this time frame. Even the 16th century drought appears to be fairly modest, when compared to some early periods of drought.

Drought: A Paleo Perspective -- Data: The Last 2000 Years

Actually, the unions aren't saying they will shut down barge traffic, but that it will shut down due to the extremely low water levels in the Mississippi River. They are demanding the govt release water from the upper Missouri River to help raise the water levels.

But if that's done, then the Missouri won't have enough water for traffic, and a new problem starts.

syentists_1.png

effects-of-global-warming-global-warming-prevention-250238_1280_1024.jpg

Geez, did either of you read the article??

I didn't read the article. I heard on the radio this morning the strike is about barge weight because the shoreman get paid a percentage based on weight. Smaller barges equal less weight. And they don't want last years wages and percentages continued. They want them increased.

The media can twist the facts to make the strike appear proper or just but you should know better.

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Fuckin' Teabaggers

I didn't read the article. I heard on the radio this morning the strike is about barge weight because the shoreman get paid a percentage based on weight. Smaller barges equal less weight. And they don't want last years wages and percentages continued. They want them increased.

The media can twist the facts to make the strike appear proper or just but you should know better.

You heard it on the radio? I hope not from the same people that convinced you that Romney was going to win?

Anyone else hear the death rattle of the American private union?

Unions Warn Mississippi Shutdown Could Come Next Week

Unions Warn Mississippi Shutdown Could Come Next Week « CBS St. Louis

I never thought it possible, you're even dumber and more dishonest than I thought. Did you read the link you provided?

Better to have titled the thread: Bush policy threatens Commerce on the Mississippi, and have made the case that his refusal to acknowledge Climate Change is the cause of the lack of rain and low waters.

"Conservative media outlets are claiming that a leaked draft of the UN climate panel's upcoming report undermines previous predictions of rapid warming driven by rising CO2 emissions. But scientists say these claims are "nonsense" and that the draft report only adds to the existing body of evidence that manmade climate change is a serious problem.

A draft of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) fifth assessment report, due to be published in fall 2013, was leaked by Alec Rawls, a blogger who volunteered to review the report despite having no scientific expertise. In a blog post on Watts Up With That, Rawls claimed that the draft report contains a "game-changing admission" that galactic cosmic rays have significantly contributed to global warming, undermining the scientific consensus that climate change is driven by human activity. But experts say Rawls "completely misrepresented the IPCC report," noting that he ignored a paragraph that explicitly states there is "high agreement" among scientists that cosmic rays do not have a meaningful impact on global temperatures. Dr. Steve Sherwood -- a lead author of the chapter in question -- told Australia's ABC News that Rawls' claim is "ridiculous," adding: "we conclude exactly the opposite, that this cosmic ray effect that the paragraph is discussing appears to be negligible."

They don't come much-more-crazy than....

....Alec Rawls!!!

"I was writing a book on republicanism (the system of liberty under law) for World Ahead Publishing when I discovered that the Flight 93 memorial was going to be a terrorist memorial mosque."

323.png

1 weather system just went through and dumped a large amount of rain and snow, one more is on the way and another is to follow. Don't get your panties in a wad too soon rwer's.

You heard it on the radio? I hope not from the same people that convinced you that Romney was going to win?

Unlike most I felt the election was a toss up and for the most part that's what I said on here. Your troll attempt is duly noted though

You're just confused about this one. Hell, I'm confused all the time.

Nothing to apologize for. Welcome to the club.

I was confused at first because when I read the title of the article, I was convinced a strike was called. The misleading title along with the fact the the Longshoremen were planing strikes elsewhere added to the confusion. Also I realized that striking simultaneously at different strategic locations is the most effective strike policy. Everything together convinced me that a strike was involved. Fortunately for me, a poster or two was adamant this was not so, so I checked the article out, researched it as best I could and determined that the unions had no intent to stop work on the river. In fact, they were doing everything possible to keep the traffic flowing.

Crow is good. Over the course of my long life I got a lot of protein eating crow.

You're just confused about this one. Hell, I'm confused all the time.

Nothing to apologize for. Welcome to the club.

I was confused at first because when I read the title of the article, I was convinced a strike was called. The misleading title along with the fact the the Longshoremen were planing strikes elsewhere added to the confusion. Also I realized that striking simultaneously at different strategic locations is the most effective strike policy. Everything together convinced me that a strike was involved. Fortunately for me, a poster or two was adamant this was not so, so I checked the article out, researched it as best I could and determined that the unions had no intent to stop work on the river. In fact, they were doing everything possible to keep the traffic flowing.

Crow is good. Over the course of my long life I got a lot of protein eating crow.

Thanks. After the day I've had (not even home yet) I'm ready for sone crow. I'm starving and it seems crow and Boulevard Wheat are on tonights menu.

As to the story I'm so tired I just don't care at this point.

Forum List

Back