Unions threaten to disrupt Super Bowl

"Your idea of business is so far off the mark the only sensible thing to do is make fun of you."

No, it isnt. I always wanted my workers to make a good wage. I didnt look at them as trash as a very large percentage of us corporations do. As a business owner I always look to my employees as people, not statistics. Annual raises should be expected.

"Your idea of business is so far off the mark the only sensible thing to do is make fun of you."

No, it isnt. I always wanted my workers to make a good wage. I didnt look at them as trash as a very large percentage of us corporations do. As a business owner I always look to my employees as people, not statistics. Annual raises should be expected.
You know, this reminds me of a conversation I had with a radical liberal who did own a business. She complained how corporations try to cheat the employees. I asked her if she would do that if she was in charge of the corporations. She not only said yes, she says she already did that with her current employees as to make the most money possible.

So, really what we see is a condemnation of her own actions by condemning others for doing what she projects on her own behaviors on them.

I doubt Init ever ran a business, or if they are, they do precisely what they condemn others of doing and assume all the others are too. Just like crooked cops always assume EVERYONE is as crooked as them when almost nobody else is.

I have run the same business for the past 23 years. Now my son is half owner.
We pay our employees very well, ensure they have 6 weeks paid vacation per year after one year plus health insurance.
How do you expect to demand good work if you dont pay them?
I have great workers, many who have been with me over 15 years. How do I keep them? By annual raises, good benefits. Sure I could make more profit by paying less but then the work quality is less. Turnaround is high. I have skilled people happily working. I make less profit because I pay more. Makes PERFECT business sense to me. My workers are people, they are what makes my business perform. Paying them less means less performance. Treat them like people, not like workers.

You keep repeating if it isnt a high paying job dont open.

I will make fun of you. Because you havent a clue.

Construction and concrete. I have 17 employees so I 'm not that big. I could acutally use more hands but as stated I wont pay less than $20.50 per hour per employee. I just dont believe its fair to pay less than that when people have families to feed. So I could expand, make more profit, pay less. But why would I upset the apple cart when it works well now.

"Unions had their time, now it's over for them. They got too greedy.... "

Yup. And soon it will come the corporations time too. They are wanting more tax breaks at the expense of people like me whom they want to pay for it. Both the unions and corporations are running this country. We have to take away their voices somewhat. Too much power.
How is it at your expense?

If you give the corporations tax breaks to come in, then I have to make up for it. So my taxes will inevitably go up. SO if they are going to go up, at least ENSURE that all jobs created are nothing less than high paying. A job that pays $10 per hour should NEVER BE CONSIDERED A JOB. Then again if I'm paid $10 per hour I'm going to barely work so to speak.

Construction and concrete. I have 17 employees so I 'm not that big. I could acutally use more hands but as stated I wont pay less than $20.50 per hour per employee. I just dont believe its fair to pay less than that when people have families to feed. So I could expand, make more profit, pay less. But why would I upset the apple cart when it works well now.

:bsflag:

20.50 for a laborer. Sure buddy...sure...

we should do what they did in China and threaten anyone who wants to form a union with 12 years of jail time!

YEAH!!!!

Straw_man4.jpg

you're new, plenty of people around here want to see unions gone period.

im pro-death
You didn't answer his question.
Do you think people should have a choice to join a union or to not join a union?
Contrary to union propaganda, right to work has nothing to do with unions at all. Except right to work protects the rights of workers in that a worker SHALL NOT be compelled to join a labor organization as a prerequisite for employment or to maintain employment.
It's that simple. What's wrong with that?

Always have a choice, that doesnt mean that unions shouldnt fight back against people who want them destroyed.
There some who despise unions to the point where they's rather they did not exist, but their numbers are insignificant.
Unions have a tremendous image problem. They do business as though this was the early part of the 20th century. Unions use threats and intimidation to get their way.
Unions create an insulated world for their members where they do not have to deal with competition in the workplace. Unions do not allow for individual achievement and success at one's job. Better employees are discouraged under the union mindset.
Unions create an artificially high wage structure. Unions do not negotiate, they make demands. They threaten business with slowdowns and shut downs.
Union managers believe they have an absolute right to force employers to business with them under the notion of good faith collective bargaining. There is no good faith. Once a union sets up shop, the relationship save for a very few, is adversarial.
These are just some of the reasons unions have seen their ranks shrink from about a third of the US work force to around 7%.
One other thing. Unions continue to find themselves fighting a perception that they are run by organized crime. Especially in the large cities in the mid west and northeast.

you're new, plenty of people around here want to see unions gone period.

im pro-death
You didn't answer his question.
Do you think people should have a choice to join a union or to not join a union?
Contrary to union propaganda, right to work has nothing to do with unions at all. Except right to work protects the rights of workers in that a worker SHALL NOT be compelled to join a labor organization as a prerequisite for employment or to maintain employment.
It's that simple. What's wrong with that?

Always have a choice, that doesnt mean that unions shouldnt fight back against people who want them destroyed.
Oh, if choice is the law of the land ,the rest of your argument is moot.
Right to work is 100% about choice.

I have run the same business for the past 23 years. Now my son is half owner.
We pay our employees very well, ensure they have 6 weeks paid vacation per year after one year plus health insurance.
How do you expect to demand good work if you dont pay them?
I have great workers, many who have been with me over 15 years. How do I keep them? By annual raises, good benefits. Sure I could make more profit by paying less but then the work quality is less. Turnaround is high. I have skilled people happily working. I make less profit because I pay more. Makes PERFECT business sense to me. My workers are people, they are what makes my business perform. Paying them less means less performance. Treat them like people, not like workers.
IF... this is true, you are at odds with your typical liberal.

Organized labor is at it again. Due to the upcoming vote to transition Indiana from a forced union state to a right to work state, union leaders are planning to disrupt the Super Bowl and related activities. This is the correct way for unions to endear themselves to the general public.
Yep, they should block traffic, use "rule book slowdowns" threaten people with physical harm, etc ad nauseum.
Unions, already unpopular with taxpayers are not going to gain any sympathy from Super Bowl visitors in Indianapolis.
Unions Threaten To Occupy Super Bowl Over Right To Work - Investors.com
Bosma Decries Super Bowl 'Threat And Intimidation' - Politics News Story - WRTV Indianapolis
Oh please. Let them.... it will be the biggest fucking mistake they ever did.
Of course it would be.
For some odd reason, union leadership still believes they have the same clout they had 40 or 50 years ago. Of course we know such is not the case.
The average American no longer supports unions as they did in the past.
Back in the day, unions not only had the support of members across industry lines, they had the support of the public at large.
Today, most every day folks view unions as greedy and closed minded.

IKEA Workers In Maryland Vote To Unionize

I guess unions aren't completely dead yet.
How long until that distribution center closes?..IKEA may be putting on a happy face now, but for how long.
This scenario has been played out before. Union comes in, organizes the workers and within a relatively short period of time, the business owners either close the facility or simply wait out the workers until the staff turns over enough so that the new employees are discouraged from joining.
Here's the problem most people have with unions and forced unionism states. The majority 50% plus one can vote to join. The other 50% minus one have no choice but to either join or lose their jobs. That's unAmerican. It's criminal.
In many cases, organization of workers in a formerly non-union business often backfires.
Workers see little if any benefit yet have dues automatically deducted from their pay and see their workplace become a daily grind.
Those IKEA workers who at one time could simply go to their supervisor with an concern or idea, can no longer even speak casually to a member of management. And adversarial situation is set up. Who benefits? The workers? No. The management? No..Ultimately organization of workers benefits the union bosses almost exclusively.

If IKEA workers demand more pay and benefits then the company will just lay off some workers or close various locations or eventually go out of business.

It is basic economics, if a company can only afford to pay the workforce $6/hr and they demand $10/hr well some workers need to be fired or the business will eventually close. :eusa_whistle:

I guess unions aren't completely dead yet.

That's the risk run in a foreign company that does business here because it makes money. It's not an American company. There is no loyalty owed to American workers. Cut the profit down to where the company does not find doing business here worthwhile and they will simply close up and go.

Are you implying that NO foreign based employers should do business in the US? Take caution in your answer.

I see sticking up for the middle class is not welcome here. Wanting people to get a fair wage is not welcome. Sounds like a group of CEO's.

Pro union propaganda.
Get this through your thick skull. Union represent less than 8% of all private sector workers.
Hardly representative of the 'middle class'..

Where is the evidence. The story has no meat.
What overtime and work rules?
Sixty seven dollars per hour? No way is that the base wage. The story fails to explain that number.
If the writer is using wage plus benefits plus pension, he should write that in the article.
To use that formula, before the Government bailout and buy out of GM, the average line worker in a UAW organized plant made over $70 per hour. That includes wages, health insurance, vacation pay , sick pay and pension..
BTW $14.50 per hour for a manufacturing position that requires little education and skill is an appropriate wage. Especially for a rural region of the country where the cost of living is relatively low.
Why do you not make your post balanced and explain how many companies both domestic and foreign that pay at or above union scale wages in order to discourage workers from unionizing and because those wages are appropriate.
BTW, I worked at Volvo's North American headquarters in shipping/ receiving when i was in high school. That was in the late 70's...I made $9 per hour! My aunt worked for Volvo for over 30 years and retired with a nice pension. So please, if you are going to discuss, make sure you tell the WHOLE story.

Forum List

Back