Unions: The New 'Dinosaurs'?

Without unions do you really believe you would have a chance of being paid what you are worth?

as a liberal you will be a perfect economic illiterate.

Under capitalism you must pay the higest wage possible or lose your best workers and go bankrupt!

It seems simple but a liberal will lack the IQ to understand that let alone challenge it.

Have you read any of the following books, or seen any of the following movies -- every one of which is based on cold, hard facts?

as I said as a liberal you will be a perfect economic illiterate. Here's more proof, since you've the books, give us all a good laugh and tell us the best argument in favor of unions!!

Without unions do you really believe you would have a chance of being paid what you are worth?

Under capitalism you must pay the higest wage possible or lose your best workers and go bankrupt!

It seems simple but a liberal will lack the IQ to understand that let alone challenge it.

It's because liberals have generally speaking never owned a business with employees. So they dont understand that employers want good employees and will pay top dollar to get and retain them. Because a bad employee is a liability.

why would anyone respect unions ever?? They get higher wages through government violence while the rest of us get them by being worth more.

Imagine an entire economy where all prices are set with violence rather than in peaceful voluntary transactions?
You seem to have absolutely no awareness of the union movement in America. Without unions do you really believe you would have a chance of being paid what you are worth? The simple reality is unless you possessed some rare and unusual skill or ability you would be paid however little an employer could get away with paying you.

Have you read any of the following books, or seen any of the following movies -- every one of which is based on cold, hard facts?

U
First, you are talking to a con. Con's do not read books. They spend their time with bat shit crazy con web sites and simply post the dogma from those sources. Makes them angry. And they like being angry. Reading a book would make them less angry. So they do not do so.
You are absolutlely correct in saying that some unions have warts. But mostly they try to provide benefit to the working class. And that is a bad thing, if you are a con.
In addition, they see no problem with monopoly power among businesses, but do not believe that workers have any right to organize to offset monopoly power among these businesses.

Remind me which businesses have monopoly power in this country.
And then tell me how you got an MBA. I need a good laugh before the weekend.

Yes. That is why I have to keep bringing you proof while you simply post con dogma. Sure, my poor con tool. But, what the hell, everyone has an opinion. And you know how much I respect yours.

You'e never offered anything remotely resembling "proof." You dont know the meaning of that word any more than you know the meaning of "monopoly."
Tell me again how you're an econ major with an MBA. I need a good laugh.
That is one of the interesting things about morons. They spend a lot of their time laughing. And making noises that amount to drivel. that would be Rabbi.
Sorry you could not understand the concept of Monopoly. I simply posted definitions from impartial sources. You just do not want to believe an actual source. Which is a normal con tool trait.
A rational human would post proof that my sources are wrong. Which you can not, because they are simply true. So, you just attack. Which is a normal con tool trait.

The simple reality is unless you possessed some rare and unusual skill or ability you would be paid however little an employer could get away with paying you.

100% stupid and 100% liberal!! If you are A-rod or Joe Smoe capitalism forces you to pay the highest wage possible and charge the lowest price possible.

Now even an illiterate liberal can understand why capitalism made Americans are the richest people in human history!!

It's because liberals have generally speaking never owned a business with employees. So they dont understand that employers want good employees and will pay top dollar to get and retain them. Because a bad employee is a liability.
now, there is a good thought. And it would be mostly true, IF there was not significant monopoly power in industries in our country. And IF we did not have huge corporations and multi national corporations, with a great deal of monopoly power. And IF, as you think, we were an agrarian country as we were in the early 19th century.

IF there was not significant monopoly power in industries in our country.

of course if there was monopoly power you would not be so afraid to give your best example after being asked 17 times and counting.

I guess you like always playing the liberal fool??

You seem to have absolutely no awareness of the union movement in America. Without unions do you really believe you would have a chance of being paid what you are worth? The simple reality is unless you possessed some rare and unusual skill or ability you would be paid however little an employer could get away with paying you.

U
First, you are talking to a con. Con's do not read books. They spend their time with bat shit crazy con web sites and simply post the dogma from those sources. Makes them angry. And they like being angry. Reading a book would make them less angry. So they do not do so.
You are absolutlely correct in saying that some unions have warts. But mostly they try to provide benefit to the working class. And that is a bad thing, if you are a con.
In addition, they see no problem with monopoly power among businesses, but do not believe that workers have any right to organize to offset monopoly power among these businesses.

First, what does the weekend have to do with anything. You can not possibly have a job. You are here posting all the time. Which makes me believe you are a paid con tool. And morons need no thing to laugh at, as I said before. Feel free. Laugh all you feel you need to.
Companies that have monopoly power: Simple enough. Boeing, Walmart, Intel, Microsoft, Apple, Verizon. There are a few. And by the way, interesting you said monopoly POWER instead of simply ae monopolies. I did not think it was possible that you would admit that there are varying amounts of monopoly power. Good for you, rabbi. You can be educated, even if only slightly.

as I said as a liberal you will be a perfect economic illiterate. Here's more proof, since you've the books, give us all a good laugh and tell us the best argument in favor of unions!!

See the industrial revolution.

Remember to be nice

Last edited:
Laugh all you feel you need to.
Companies that have monopoly power: Simple enough. Boeing,

Boeing is your best example?????????????????????????????????? when they are getting killed by Airbus despite developing the state of the art Dreamliner??????? Thats a monopoly only if you are a severly retarded liberal which you apparently must be. Is it fun to play the fool??

Competition

Commercial Airplanes
The commercial jet aircraft market and the airline industry remain extremely competitive. Boeing faces aggressive international competitors who are intent on increasing their market share, such as Airbus, Embraer and Bombardier, and other entrants from Russia, China and Japan. Boeing is focused on improving its processes and continuing cost reduction efforts. The company intends to continue to compete with other airplane manufacturers by providing customers with greater value products, services, and support. Boeing continues to leverage its extensive customer support services network which includes aviation support, spares, training, maintenance documents and technical advice for airlines throughout the world to provide a higher level of customer satisfaction and productivity.

Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS)
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) faces strong competition in all market segments, primarily from Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon Company and General Dynamics. Non-U.S. companies such as BAE Systems and European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS), the parent of Airbus, continue to build a strategic presence in the U.S. market by strengthening their North American operations and partnering with U.S. defense companies. In addition, certain of Boeing's competitors have occasionally formed teams with other competitors to address specific customer requirements. BDS expects the trend of strong competition to continue into 2012 with many international firms pursuing announced intentions of increasing their U.S. presence.

Last edited:

as I said as a liberal you will be a perfect economic illiterate. Here's more proof, since you've read the books, give us all a good laugh and tell us the best argument in favor of unions!!

See the undustrial revolution.

Remember to be nice

give us all a good laugh and tell us the best argument in favor of unions or admit as a liberal you lack the IQ to do so. Thanks

First, what does the weekend have to do with anything. You can not possibly have a job. You are here posting all the time. Which makes me believe you are a paid con tool. And morons need no thing to laugh at, as I said before. Feel free. Laugh all you feel you need to.
Companies that have monopoly power: Simple enough. Boeing, Walmart, Intel, Microsoft, Apple, Verizon. There are a few. And by the way, interesting you said monopoly POWER instead of simply ae monopolies. I did not think it was possible that you would admit that there are varying amounts of monopoly power. Good for you, rabbi. You can be educated, even if only slightly.

Yes, Edward is right. You are an economic illiterate.
Boeing is getting killed by Airbus. Walmart is losing share to dollar stores. Intel suffers from competition with AMD, Microsoft is fighting for its life with open source software, Apple competes against every other maker of electronics and Verizon is pitted against other cell phone operators.

Wow. You lose. Yet one more time. What a fucking tool. Have you used your MBA for toilet paper yet? Because that's all it's worth.

From the level at which it might be possible to circumvent the brainwash you clearly have been subjected to:

The 8 hour day.

Overtime pay.

The 40 hour work week.

Paid vacations.

A safe working environment.

I will assume you are acquainted with those benefits -- which you probably enjoy but take for granted. Each is attributable to the union movement and a bloody price was paid to achieve it.

Keep in mind the basic economic system in America is capitalism, the fundamental objective of which is profit. As the history of labor in America attests (if you will take the time to study it) prior to the organized labor (union) movement industry was content to work children to death for pennies an hour (study the history of the mining industry, for one).

Any notion you might have about industry treating labor fairly out of a sense of decency is purely naive.

So, Rabbi says:
Yes, Edward is right. You are an economic illiterate.
Edward is never right. More schooling for you coming up. Why am I not surprised that you had to have the other half of your IQ answer for you. So, first you need to try to understand what you asked me. It was:
So, you are answering as though you asked me what pure monopolies there are in the countries. Which you did not. Clumsy lie, and easy to catch. So, again, lets remember what monopoly power is. Apparently this is a difficult concept for you, so write it down this time:
Monopoly power
A pure monopoly is defined as a single supplier. While there only a few cases of pure monopoly, monopoly ‘power’ is much more widespread, and can exist even when there is more than one supplier – such in markets with only two firms, called a duopoly, and a few firms, an oligopoly.
So, I hope you actually got it this time. I would be so pleased that some of this knowledge is rubbing of on you.
Monopoly power

Boeing is getting killed by Airbus.
Really. Again I noticed no source for your statement, which I know to be wrong. I know Boeing well. But here is a quote and a link that proves your statement wrong.
"Boeing reported 962 gross orders placed so far in 2012, more than double Airbus' 437."
Boeing Is Killing Airbus In Sales In 2012 - Business Insider

Walmart is losing share to dollar stores.
That statement is too stupid to bother with. Really, really stupid.

Intel suffers from competition with AMD
Yes, well, suffers may be a bit of a stretch. But companies that are not pure monopolies, but have monopoly power, ALWAYS have competition. By definition, of course.

Microsoft is fighting for its life with open source software
Well, this may be even more insane than the Intel statement. Microsoft is fighting for it's life with no one. You are showing total ignorance.

Apple competes against every other maker of electronics and Verizon is pitted against other cell phone operators.
And is listed as a monopolistic company (as in a company with monopolistic power, so that you do not get too excited) by pretty much every economist talking about the subject. Ever hear of the Iphone. What Apple does, it's competitors follow. When it raises or lowers prices, the industry follows. That is basic monopoly power.

Wow. You lose. Yet one more time. What a fucking tool. Have you used your MBA for toilet paper yet? Because that's all it's worth.
Actually the mba worked well for me for a lot of years. You would not know, because you are a moron.
So, you have been educated again. But the thing about education is that it tends not to take with con tools like you. So I suspect you will have learned nothing.

I show that not a single example you've given is a monopoly as they all compete against other players and you simply dismiss it. No proof. GIves a lie to every stament you've made. You never offer proof.
MBA my ass.

The 8 hour day.

so you are pretending to yourself that all good things that have happened to union workers have spread to all workers? So have all bad things that have happened to union workers spread to all workers?? Are you saying without unions we'd all be working 20 hours a day for 1 cent and hour??

Are you actually stupid enough and liberal enough to say that Republican capitalist competition does not force businesses to offer the best products and the best jobs??? Yes or no!!

prior to the organized labor (union) movement industry was content to work children to death for pennies an hour (study the history of the mining industry, for one).

of course you are a perfect 100% liberal illiterate. Even the very liberal NYtimes supports child labor. When bleeding heart liberals have had it banned in recent times often the childern died because they had no better option than to work in a clean dry factory for far more than they made on the streets or in garbage dumps.

what kind of morality bigot do you have to be to proclaim that you care for children more than others???

Any notion you might have about industry treating labor fairly out of a sense of decency is purely naive.

oh right like business people are evil and bigots like you are saintly?? Business people got us from the stone age to here!! How'd you like to live life without your business enemies? Are you against medical care too??

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow?

Oh. and thanks to the beauty of Republican capitalism business has to be enslaved by its customers and workers; if not they move on to the competition. Are you too slow to grasp that??

oh right like business people are evil and bigots like you are saintly?? Business people got us from the stone age to here!! How'd you like to live life without your business enemies? Are you against medical care too??

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow?

Oh. and thanks to the beauty of Republican capitalism business has to be enslaved by its customers and workers; if not they move on to the competition. Are you too slow to grasp that??

Ed. They dont get that. This is the same mindset that thinks Apple, WalMart, and Boeing operate as monopolies, despite ample evidence they do not. The left occupies some bizarre alternative universe where businesses do not need employees or customers to survive.

Forum List

Back