Unions spent 21 million

Unions were necessary when they came about, but have and continue to price the U.S. out of being competitive in the world market. When one man, at his work station[ $30 an hour] has to wait three hours to continue his job because, according to union rules he can't change a light bulb that went out because it's not in his job description, that's ludicrus. He's still making $30 an hour while waiting on an electrician to come change the bulb! Unions nearly bankrupted England and ours have priced us out of competition. Also, a handfull of bosses tell millions of people how to vote, regardless of how the rank and file may feel about the candidate.

Unions have lost membership for 50 years.

How have things gotten better for Americans over that time period? Are there more jobs? Are families better able to pay their bills? Is one earner still enough to raise a family, as was common 50 years ago?

You anti-union people have been winning the battle for 50 years.

What can you point to in the American economy as to what we've gained for all you've done for us?

so are u saying unions create jobs?

Unions were necessary when they came about, but have and continue to price the U.S. out of being competitive in the world market. When one man, at his work station[ $30 an hour] has to wait three hours to continue his job because, according to union rules he can't change a light bulb that went out because it's not in his job description, that's ludicrus. He's still making $30 an hour while waiting on an electrician to come change the bulb! Unions nearly bankrupted England and ours have priced us out of competition. Also, a handfull of bosses tell millions of people how to vote, regardless of how the rank and file may feel about the candidate.

How have things gotten better for Americans over that time period? Are there more jobs? Are families better able to pay their bills? Is one earner still enough to raise a family, as was common 50 years ago?

What can you point to in the American economy as to what we've gained for all you've done for us?

NO. I'm asking what the questions I typed asked.

So you admit Unions do not create jobs but pretend that shrinking Unions means less jobs? I got that right?

"The Material Well-Being of the Poor and the Middle Class Since 1980" (10/25/2011) is a research paper by professor Bruce D. Meyer of the University of Chicago and The National Bureau of Economic Research and professor James X. Sullivan of the University of Notre Dame. In it they report: "Our results show evidence of considerable improvement in material well-being for both the middle class and the poor over the past three decades. Median income and consumption both rose by more than 50 percent in real terms between 1980 and 2009. In addition, the middle 20 percent of the income distribution experienced noticeable improvements in housing characteristics: living units became bigger and much more likely to have air conditioning and other features. The quality of the cars these families own also improved considerably. Similarly, we find strong evidence of improvement in the material well-being of poor families."

Poverty in America? - Walter E. Williams - Townhall Conservative Columnists

Last edited:
Walker didn't get recalled because he didn't do anything to warrant a recall. The dems overplayed their cards and it came back to haunt them. The people of Wisconsin are some pretty smart folks, I know several. :)

I guess NYcarb thinks the union didn't spend much money at all in this ridiculous recall effort. The number has to be made up, that's the only explanation.

See the Unions have had years and years to practice the obscure contribution thing. Since Corporations are now allowed to play by the same rules, they of course are crying foul.

What has gotten better for America since unions have declined over the past 50 years?

Doesn't ONE of you want to tell us?

How is your life better?

btw, IF THE NUMBER WASN'T MADE-UP, THEN SOMEONE COULD ACTUALLY POST A RELIABLE ACCOUNTING OF THE NUMBER, WHICH NO ONE HAS.

It was posted in numerous threads. You are delusional. Further in this thread Peach provided you a source that clearly shows the Unions spent 15 million on Barret. Or is that made up too?

If you can't reliably source what you're talking about, then you're just wasting our time.

What has gotten better for America since unions have declined over the past 50 years?

Doesn't ONE of you want to tell us?

How is your life better?

btw, IF THE NUMBER WASN'T MADE-UP, THEN SOMEONE COULD ACTUALLY POST A RELIABLE ACCOUNTING OF THE NUMBER, WHICH NO ONE HAS.

It was posted in numerous threads. You are delusional. Further in this thread Peach provided you a source that clearly shows the Unions spent 15 million on Barret. Or is that made up too?

If you can't reliably source what you're talking about, then you're just wasting our time.

You can't handle the truth.

LOL

Cab the problem with the last 50 years, is.........inflation!!!!!!!!!!!! And why do we have inflation? Well liberals dont like the gold standard, which controlled inflation and why prices didnt skyrocket before the previous 70 years (I belive FDR ditched it in the 30s).
Now the problem is things like raising the minimum wage. Why is that bad. Well when you make $10/hour and the min wage is $5/hour you have some spending power, but if you increase the min wage to $10/hour you and now at the bottom. Do you get a raise to compensate, no so now instead of making twice the min wage, you're making min wage. So now you're making the same money, but you have to pay twice as much for a hamburger. YAY for the increased min wage!!!!!!!!!That's what causes what you are talking about. And not only does it mess with our wage structure, our products are now more expensive and harder to trade overseas. That's just one issue and small glimpse of it.

The money spent on Walker's reprieve is incalculable. The corporate demonization of unions started at their very beginning and has so far succeeded in turning the minds of many impressible citizens against their own fellow citizens. Ideas repeated have great power when they fit a narrative. Real history recognizes the power unions gave to workers and their creation of the middle class, should corporate money and power destroy them, the people can only look in the mirror when they can no longer make a living wage.

I haven't read the book linked below yet, but hope to this summer. It could help us understand why the early 1900's are repeating themselves, in some ways, given joblessness and outsourcing, and walmart wages, the days before unions have already begun. My career is coming to an end, Lord help those that follow when they vote against each other and cheer their defeat on top of it.

"Historian Phillips-Fein traces the hidden history of the Reagan revolution to a coterie of business executives, including General Electric official and Reagan mentor Lemuel Boulware, who saw labor unions, government regulation, high taxes and welfare spending as dire threats to their profits and power. From the 1930s onward, the author argues, they provided the money, organization and fervor for a decades-long war against New Deal liberalism—funding campaigns, think tanks, magazines and lobbying groups, and indoctrinating employees in the virtues of unfettered capitalism." [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Hands-Making-Conservative-Movement/dp/0393059308/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247845984&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Invisible Hands: The Making of the Conservative Movement from the New Deal to Reagan (9780393059304): Kim Phillips-Fein: Books[/ame]

The dirty little secret is that union members had no choice. The leadership sets the agenda. I imagine union members could have had quite a windfall if the union chose to donate 34M to the pension fund instead of playing politics.

Unions spent 21 million in support of Barret. Walker raised 34 million and Barret raised 4.8 million. The left keeps claiming Walker spent 7 times that of the left.

Yet when called on this blatant lie they all run and hide.

Once again Unions spent 21 million, Barret spent 4.8 million. that is 25.8 million, being nice I will ignore the .8 and now left provide evidence that Walker and his supporters spent 175 million.

Wait I will be kind and use Peach's claim of 5 times, provide evidence Walker and his supporters spent 125 Million.

I was under the impression unions raised 21 million for Barret and he only spend 4.8 million of that 21 million. So if that is the case where is the other 16 million??? What did he do pocket it???

Cab the problem with the last 50 years, is.........inflation!!!!!!!!!!!! And why do we have inflation? Well liberals dont like the gold standard, which controlled inflation and why prices didnt skyrocket before the previous 70 years (I belive FDR ditched it in the 30s).
Now the problem is things like raising the minimum wage. Why is that bad. Well when you make $10/hour and the min wage is $5/hour you have some spending power, but if you increase the min wage to $10/hour you and now at the bottom. Do you get a raise to compensate, no so now instead of making twice the min wage, you're making min wage. So now you're making the same money, but you have to pay twice as much for a hamburger. YAY for the increased min wage!!!!!!!!!That's what causes what you are talking about. And not only does it mess with our wage structure, our products are now more expensive and harder to trade overseas. That's just one issue and small glimpse of it.

Pretty much spot on.

If you raise the minimum wage from 5 dollars to 10 dollars, the guy who was previously making 10 dollars will be making 20 dollars now..

Obviously the gallon of milk will just then go from 2 bucks to 3.50 a gallon.

Money is really nothing more than a concept - labor is worth what its worth and supply and demand will determine that....

IMO, minimum wage should be based on regional economies and should fluctuate depending on the currant economy of that particular region. That would solve a lot of problems.

Forum List

Back