Unions spent 21 million

All I see is a colossal waste of money on both sides.

The Dems/Unions could have waited for the regular election cycle and tried to oust Walker.

I'm sure the taxpayers of WI are going to be looking to change the recall law in the State. They are now stuck paying the cost of this bs recall. Recall should be for misconduct not sour grapes.

Colossal waste of money.

Last edited:
We're in a post Citizens United world. No such thing as an accurate accounting. Money, not votes, buys our politicians. That's the bottom line.

Can't argue with that a bit, and it's among our biggest problems. Our entire system is now distorted, damaged, and getting worse by the day.

That said, after watching MSNBC (my go-to source for what the Democrats are saying) a few times yesterday, the 7-1 spending advantage (if that's true) is being used as, by far, the reason Walker won. Or even the only reason.

Seems to me that if the Democrats are going to just hang their hat on that, and if it's not true, they're deluding themselves. I realize that self-delusion is a fundamental tenet of partisan ideology, but it's not a great strategy.

So I'm assuming, until being told otherwise, that the Democrats have decided the only reason Walker won is a 7-1 spending advantage -- whether that's actually true or not.

Okay.

If spending all that money doesn't make a difference, why do it then?

Walker didn't get recalled because a lot of people don't like recalls, period.

Not sure how you got the notion that "spending all that money doesn't make a difference" from my post. Of course it does -- that doesn't make it right. And people only do it because the other guy is doing it. Again, the system is terribly distorted. By money.

Also, your point that "Walker didn't get recalled because a lot of people don't like recalls, period," is the first time I've seen such a reason. I'd guess I've seen 15-20 lefties on teevee saying it was only because Walker had a "7-1 spending advantage", if that is even true, which -- due to a lack of responses to my original question -- I'm definitely beginning to doubt.

Last edited:
Couldn't 1 day pass without the wingnuts here having to make some shit up?

You mean like the claim Walker outspent Barret 5 to 1, 7 to 1 and 8 to 1? Like that? Or perhaps the claim that cause he raised more money he stole the election? You mean like those made up claims?

The 21 million is a made-up number. The rightwing propaganda machine ALWAYS manufactures a lie to counter truths that are unpleasant to them.

Ha Ha Nice to know that only the right manufactures a lie to counter truths that are unpleasant to em.

Boy are you blind.

Unions were necessary when they came about, but have and continue to price the U.S. out of being competitive in the world market. When one man, at his work station[ $30 an hour] has to wait three hours to continue his job because, according to union rules he can't change a light bulb that went out because it's not in his job description, that's ludicrus. He's still making $30 an hour while waiting on an electrician to come change the bulb! Unions nearly bankrupted England and ours have priced us out of competition. Also, a handfull of bosses tell millions of people how to vote, regardless of how the rank and file may feel about the candidate.

Couldn't 1 day pass without the wingnuts here having to make some shit up?

You mean like the claim Walker outspent Barret 5 to 1, 7 to 1 and 8 to 1? Like that? Or perhaps the claim that cause he raised more money he stole the election? You mean like those made up claims?

The 21 million is a made-up number. The rightwing propaganda machine ALWAYS manufactures a lie to counter truths that are unpleasant to them.

Walker didn't get recalled because he didn't do anything to warrant a recall. The dems overplayed their cards and it came back to haunt them. The people of Wisconsin are some pretty smart folks, I know several. :)

I guess NYcarb thinks the union didn't spend much money at all in this ridiculous recall effort. The number has to be made up, that's the only explanation.

See the Unions have had years and years to practice the obscure contribution thing. Since Corporations are now allowed to play by the same rules, they of course are crying foul.

Also, your point that "Walker didn't get recalled because a lot of people don't like recalls, period," is the first time I've seen such a reason.

Then you haven't seen the exit polling...

Wisconsin Exit Poll: Voters Like Obama, Don't Like Recalls

If you're saying that Obama voters voted for Walker because they felt more strongly about recall votes than they did about the issues at hand, we'll have to disagree on that one.

And again, the media is flooded with the difference in spending, not about how people feel about recalls. That's the spin, true or not.

Unions spent 21 million in support of Barret. Walker raised 34 million and Barret raised 4.8 million. The left keeps claiming Walker spent 7 times that of the left.

Yet when called on this blatant lie they all run and hide.

Once again Unions spent 21 million, Barret spent 4.8 million. that is 25.8 million, being nice I will ignore the .8 and now left provide evidence that Walker and his supporters spent 175 million.

Wait I will be kind and use Peach's claim of 5 times, provide evidence Walker and his supporters spent 125 Million.

Not refuting what you are saying, but do you have a link?

Unions were necessary when they came about, but have and continue to price the U.S. out of being competitive in the world market. When one man, at his work station[ $30 an hour] has to wait three hours to continue his job because, according to union rules he can't change a light bulb that went out because it's not in his job description, that's ludicrus. He's still making $30 an hour while waiting on an electrician to come change the bulb! Unions nearly bankrupted England and ours have priced us out of competition. Also, a handfull of bosses tell millions of people how to vote, regardless of how the rank and file may feel about the candidate.

Bingo.

Unions spent 21 million in support of Barret. Walker raised 34 million and Barret raised 4.8 million. The left keeps claiming Walker spent 7 times that of the left.

Once again Unions spent 21 million, Barret spent 4.8 million. that is 25.8 million, being nice I will ignore the .8 and now left provide evidence that Walker and his supporters spent 175 million.

Wait I will be kind and use Peach's claim of 5 times, provide evidence Walker and his supporters spent 125 Million.

Not refuting what you are saying, but do you have a link?

Already provided in numerous threads on this board. Peach even provided a link that shows Walker only out spent Barret 2 and half to one. About the same as Obama out spent McCain.

But to the point.... if one "steals" an election by raising more money then their opponent then you mus also believe Obama and the Dems steal elections all the time as well.

That does include money spent on running a primary candidate against Barrett earlier in the year, I believe. Not the money spent on the earlier recall election which democrats spent more on.

Big Labor Recall Total to Exceed $20 Million | MacIver Institute

The MacIver Institute, now there is a reliable source! The FACTS:

Millions Spent on Wisconsin Recall Election - Graphic - NYTimes.com

Your own source proves not even close to 5 to 1. And it is a biased source. Remind me what you say when we use biased sources? Gonna admit you were wrong yet?

By the way the claim is that because Walker outspent Barret he stole the election from people to stupid to know better. Care to remind us who spent what in 2008? Did Obama steal the election? Or was that different?

In 2010 Walker only one by 5 percent this time he had how much with the exact same opponent? THAT is the comparison. Further places like Milwaukee had 120 percent voting.... can we say FRAUD? And still the dems lost. Further no Governor ever recalled ever won before. Not only did Walker win but the Lt Governor won too.

Obama bragged he would have a billion dollar war chest this time. Does that mean he is going to steal the election cause he outspent his opponent? Or again is THAT different?

You made a claim, it is wrong, gonna admit it? Gonna call BDBoop on her outrageous 7 to one claim? or the 8 to one some claim? Gonna quit claiming that Barret only had 4.8 on his side?

Can you not own up to your mistake?

Source provided by Peach. Clearly shows Walker did not have 5 or 7 or 8 times the money. His lead was not much more then Obama's was over McCain. And I don't recall BDBoop or Peach whining that Obama stole that election.

That does include money spent on running a primary candidate against Barrett earlier in the year, I believe. Not the money spent on the earlier recall election which democrats spent more on.

So the corp vs Union money was close to even. $16 to $15 mil! That is the SuperPAC money.

Yet Walker raised $29 mil vs Barretts $2 mil! Don't blame Walker that he is a hero to the average folk around the country! Campaign finance laws do not allow corporations or other organization to donate directly to candidates, therefore, his donations came from average Joes like me!

Are you guys going tio cry foul when Obama spents 3 to 1 against Romney and tops out at over $1 bil on his campaign?

I highly doubt it!

In the Hypocritical Liberal Mind: Conservative SuperPACs evil and corrupt! Liberal SuperPAC good and honest! Republican candidate raises more money than Democratic opponent, GOP bought election. Democrat candidate raises more money that GOP candidate, it was a fear honest and clean fight in which the better man won!

Liberalism = hyprocrisy!

You left Walker's support from huge corporate SUPER PAC millions I see. 47% wanted him OUT now, while over 60% believe recalls are only for wrongdoing, not a vote of confidence by any means.

So you're saying the left abused the system? (and I agree with you)

So the corp vs Union money was close to even. $16 to $15 mil! That is the SuperPAC money.

Yet Walker raised $29 mil vs Barretts $2 mil! Don't blame Walker that he is a hero to the average folk around the country! Campaign finance laws do not allow corporations or other organization to donate directly to candidates, therefore, his donations came from average Joes like me!

Are you guys going tio cry foul when Obama spents 3 to 1 against Romney and tops out at over $1 bil on his campaign?

I highly doubt it!

In the Hypocritical Liberal Mind: Conservative SuperPACs evil and corrupt! Liberal SuperPAC good and honest! Republican candidate raises more money than Democratic opponent, GOP bought election. Democrat candidate raises more money that GOP candidate, it was a fear honest and clean fight in which the better man won!

Liberalism = hyprocrisy!

Exactally, have you ever heard them complain about po0lticians giving themselves raises or about rich liberals in politics, lawyers and entertainment. Nope they just hate the rich businessman.

You left Walker's support from huge corporate SUPER PAC millions I see. 47% wanted him OUT now, while over 60% believe recalls are only for wrongdoing, not a vote of confidence by any means.

So you're saying the left abused the system? (and I agree with you)

She totally ignores the fact that more people voted FOR him this time then in 2010. She tries to claim those that voted against him are more important then those that voted for him. And no she won't admit that the Democrats and the Unions abused the system.

Unions have lost membership for 50 years.

How have things gotten better for Americans over that time period? Are there more jobs? Are families better able to pay their bills? Is one earner still enough to raise a family, as was common 50 years ago?

You anti-union people have been winning the battle for 50 years.

What can you point to in the American economy as to what we've gained for all you've done for us?

Walker didn't get recalled because he didn't do anything to warrant a recall. The dems overplayed their cards and it came back to haunt them. The people of Wisconsin are some pretty smart folks, I know several. :)

I guess NYcarb thinks the union didn't spend much money at all in this ridiculous recall effort. The number has to be made up, that's the only explanation.

See the Unions have had years and years to practice the obscure contribution thing. Since Corporations are now allowed to play by the same rules, they of course are crying foul.

What has gotten better for America since unions have declined over the past 50 years?

Doesn't ONE of you want to tell us?

How is your life better?

btw, IF THE NUMBER WASN'T MADE-UP, THEN SOMEONE COULD ACTUALLY POST A RELIABLE ACCOUNTING OF THE NUMBER, WHICH NO ONE HAS.

What has gotten better for America since unions have declined over the past 50 years?

How is your life better?

btw, IF THE NUMBER WASN'T MADE-UP, THEN SOMEONE COULD ACTUALLY POST A RELIABLE ACCOUNTING OF THE NUMBER, WHICH NO ONE HAS.

It was posted in numerous threads. You are delusional. Further in this thread Peach provided you a source that clearly shows the Unions spent 15 million on Barret. Or is that made up too?

Standard of Living, tard:

figure_3.gif

Forum List

Back